Fast spiritual expirence ?

thumbnail
water drop, modified 9 Years ago at 1/20/15 12:04 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/20/15 11:18 AM

Fast spiritual expirence ?

Is there some spirtuall practice that can have some a&p , kundalini,jhana expirence in 2 hours or less of practicing it without former practice ?

I practice vipasanna (mahasi)  for 3 years but with breaks i did retreats (5,15,10 days) and do some intense day meditation but i do take breaks so that might be the reason i didnt advance to much - now i had some expirence which were a little special  but nothing that is "wow" or making me think that there is more to life than work-eat-die  -  not anything like i usually read usually 

Latley i read about a guro that says he can help you expirence no-self or something like this in just 2 hours - and you only need to chant some mantras and thats it

But this guro is far in india - plus i wouldnt go if i could cause i wont be sure if its safe there - plus there are many cults - one of this cults which i read bad things about i reached when trying to do resarch about the guro promising that mini-awkening  - so i wont recomend this to anyone

Im just in the meditation for so long - and im 100% sure vipasanna is a great thing and it does seem to improve "me" and i want to keep practing it and not change practice i have faith in time  - but im really doubtful at the moment and im going throw a really bad time in life (not conetected to DN)  and the lack of seen progress in meditation - makes me wonder if its worth my time and effort  - so a "cool" intersting expirence can really be nice

i tried to reach jhana but i cant focus on breath well i sat for an hour and did several tries  -  (now i meditate vipassana when i sit 1 hour walking+ 1 hour sitting )  - i also tried kasina medtation but it didnt "work" to some spirtuall - or "cool expirence"

In short :   is there some way of expirencing a spirituall expirence in 2 hours (or shorter) - but without former practice and a sure thing that will 90% chance work ?  for the regular person who isnt specially "gifted" spirtually

And when i mean spirtuall - i actually ask of any expirence which is  just "cool" and intersting and points that there is something "unnaturall" to this world - this includes light and visions and stuff like that  (of course without using drugs )
John M, modified 9 Years ago at 1/20/15 2:56 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/20/15 2:56 PM

RE: Fast spiritual expirence ?

It's a shame that you've stipulated no drugs, as short-lived, low-investment, interesting, cool experiences that wonderfully illustrate the extraordinary nature of mind are really what drugs do best. Frankly, it sounds like precisely what you're after.
thumbnail
Bill F, modified 9 Years ago at 1/21/15 12:08 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/21/15 12:08 PM

Water Drop: How long have you been practicing? I'm particularly sleep deprived at the moment so forgive me if this is made clear above, but are you saying you practice for an hour each day? -Bill
thumbnail
water drop, modified 9 Years ago at 1/22/15 2:12 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/22/15 1:58 AM

No - i aspire for that but i cant at the moment - when i practice i do a 1 hour walk and than 1 hour sit  (mentioned that in case there is a cool trick to do it in an hour than i am ablesit that time)

Im sure if i do this everyday i will advance but its not possible at this time of my life

I dont want to make this about drugs - but i really think its a bad idea to use drugs of any kind but to explain all my reasons against drugs will take a long time and i dont want to focus this thread on them
thumbnail
Bill F, modified 9 Years ago at 1/22/15 12:21 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/22/15 12:21 PM

O.K. I don't know what your schedule is like, but one way to deepen experience quickly is to sit for longer periods of time. You could take a weekend and do a home retreat or otherwise up the amount of time you practice.
thumbnail
Daniel - san, modified 9 Years ago at 1/23/15 12:00 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/23/15 11:47 AM

If you stick to the schedule and work diligently, meditating from 4:30a to 10:00p everyday sitting only (no walking meditation), a 10-day Goenka retreat is a good way to induce all sorts of ASC and bring you to A&P in short order. It's also donation-based if money is an issue
Just be careful what you wish for - you may very well become a snake in a pipe with nowhere to go but forward : )

EDIT: I just saw you wanted these experiences in 2 hours or less, not likely for most people without LSD
Standard Buddhist advice (and I would tend to agree) is to focus on the Noble Eighfold Path and not be concerned or overly involved with the content of your experience no matter what it is. Develop in awareness and equanimity. Look into the Three Characteristics and cultivate the paramis. Of course if you don't have Buddist leanings at all, they sell all sorts of meditation tapes and crystals and shhh that are meant to stimulate the chakras and raise kundalini. As someone that accidentally set my kundalini off years ago (on a Vipassana retreat without any intention to do so) I call bs on all that New Agey stuff. But maybe crystals and binaural beats work, can't say personally. Best!

Breadcrumb