Gerry's New Practice Log

Gerry V, modified 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 4:53 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 4:53 PM

Gerry's New Practice Log

So I decided to make a new thread because my last thread seems to be locked for some reason.

I've been continuing practice since the last post in my last thread. I actually began to note again after the last post, and found success with it for awhile. After awhile I began to just note with "dat", and nowadays I've been noticing because noting seems to get in the way.

I've been noticing a lot of boredom lately. I seem to feel it behind the eye area and I notice it and stay with it in a relaxed way. Body sensations tend to come up more pronounced during the begininning of sits, things like pulsing, itching, or heat. I notice these in a relaxed way and they tend to die down  lot later in the sits. Later during sits I'll notice more of the blackness of the space in front of me and I'll notice the "noticer". I'll pay attention to all of that, and sometimes I'll get a very pleasant, calm feeling. At other times, things seem to move quite a bit, and I feel like something's going to happen, and I notice that until it all usually dies down. At other times, nothing really happens, and I'm just sitting there with a bored feeling, just sitting and noticing whatever comes, which seems to be not much except for the behind the eye feeling and a bit of restlessness. Another thing I've been noticing is that I'll get quite hot even during cold which makes me cold sweat which is very unpleasant. I stick with that, although that tends to happen outside of sitting when I'm stressed.

I question whether I'm doing the right things quite a bit, even though my anxiety is significantly less than when I first began posting here. I'd like to know if noticing what's going on without noting is enough. I note when I can, but when I do, it feels like extra added tension because I already feel and notice what's going on. I notice the 3 characteristics of what I notice by asking questions. Is this permanent? Is this me if "I" am noticing it? Suffering I'm not too good at except for noticing how some sensation really suck when I grasp onto them.

Anywho, I guess that's it. I'm continuing practice as well as I can. Any advice, comments, or encouragement is welcome. Thank you for reading.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 4:17 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 4:17 AM

RE: Gerry's New Practice Log

Gerry V:
So I decided to make a new thread because my last thread seems to be locked for some reason.

Your thread http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/5566249 should work now.
I asked Simon to look at it and it seems like he fixed it. Copy your text here and paste it in the old thread and see....
~D
Gerry V, modified 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 4:32 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 4:32 AM

RE: Gerry's New Practice Log

Thank you Dream Walker. I just did it and it worked. Appreciate it sir

Breadcrumb