Reply to Katy

thumbnail
Bill F, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 1:22 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 1:22 PM

Reply to Katy

Katy: I am not able to reply to your thread. Thank you for writing that all out. I will respond later if there's time, but it appears no one is able to reply. Kind of crazy.
lama carrot top, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 1:43 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 1:43 PM

RE: Reply to Katy

Thanks Katy for these and all your other posts.  You are and have been a valuable contributor here. The making of you "invisible" is rather disturbing. 

I find it odd that Daniel Ingram would warmly greet Sawfoot upon his recent return to this forum (no offense Sawfoot - for the record I was never in favour of banning you or James Yen), and yet this is permitted?  WTF!
C P M, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 2:49 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 2:07 PM

I couldn't reply either.  I'm concerned about the way this is playing out.  I saw the anonymous posting in the other thread and assumed it was a technical glitch. I'm disappointed that such a policy (making a post invisible) has been implemented without full disclosure beforehand. (edit: was slow to publish)
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 2:28 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 2:28 PM

Thanks, C P M, Bill, Lama CT

I think Claudiu has re-inabled visibility (I feel so Star Trek writing that! "Lt.Uhura , is the visibility re-enabled?" Thank you, BClaudiuDEF), if you could see for yourselves?

Ultimately, this is why one of six attributes of buddharma is "ehi passiko"-- to go see for yourself-- that one should be able to test any practice and specifically practice of buddhaharma meditations, and test cause-and-effect and test/watch own-mind (brain spotting), skeptically and to even do this alone safely and positively-- you know: Be a light unto yourself as circumstances change. Find the reliable mind of yourself. =]

And I have quite some brain to cover yet so thank you. More brains have been better than my one. I thank you for the community.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 3:41 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 3:41 PM

C P M:
I couldn't reply either.  I'm concerned about the way this is playing out.  I saw the anonymous posting in the other thread and assumed it was a technical glitch. I'm disappointed that such a policy (making a post invisible) has been implemented without full disclosure beforehand. (edit: was slow to publish)
The point was for the person trolling not to know that it was happening. They wouldn't see any replies to their posts and thus would go away (the only true defense against a troll is to not feed it). 

It was only meant as a measure against trolls, which currently is only James Yen. Cat's out of the bag though! So in the future if you see a James Yen post, then it disappears, now you know why. 

I am not sure why a random collection of katy's posts were rendered invisible to Guests. None of the mods so far have said they have done it so it may have been a technical glitch. 
thumbnail
Daniel - san, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 3:43 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 3:43 PM

I found James' post to be insightful and on topic
thumbnail
Simon Ekstrand, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 4:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 4:18 PM

Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem:
I am not sure why a random collection of katy's posts were rendered invisible to Guests. None of the mods so far have said they have done it so it may have been a technical glitch. 

I am curious about this also, from the looks of the liferay forum settings anonymous posting should be disabled.

Katy: did you change change any of the "permissions" options when creating those posts?+

Simon
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 7:24 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/4/15 7:24 PM

Simon Ekstrand:
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem:

I am curious about this also, from the looks of the liferay forum settings anonymous posting should be disabled.

Katy: did you change change any of the "permissions" options when creating those posts?+

Simon
Hi Simon, 

Nope. I have never looked into these behind-the-curtain options and didn't know "Anonymous" posting existed. I just now see the "Viewable by Anyone" feature and it takes a really stray, deliberate fingering for me to tap that. There are three mods who haven't replied yet on the topic offline and maybe they will have some insight.

Who knows. Claudiu opened things up again and I could reply when addressed, which was appreciated.

Maybe those who are vested in using this forum will offer some open source concrete tips to the remaining moderators.