Bhavantu Sukhitatta (Buddhist Music)

thumbnail
Dharmasar, modified 9 Years ago at 3/14/15 1:29 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/14/15 1:29 AM

Bhavantu Sukhitatta (Buddhist Music)

https://soundcloud.com/dharmasar-music/sukhitatta-minor

Latest version of a mantra track that has caused miracles and revolutions in my life: A rendition of the heart of the Karianīya Mettā Sutta, sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā: "May all beings become happy in their hearts." Dig the minor section that uses the same exact vocal over different chords.
thumbnail
Travis Gene McKinstry, modified 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 9:12 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 9:12 AM

RE: Bhavantu Sukhitatta (Buddhist Music)

Ven. Dharmasar Thero:
https://soundcloud.com/dharmasar-music/sukhitatta-minor

Latest version of a mantra track that has caused miracles and revolutions in my life: A rendition of the heart of the Karianīya Mettā Sutta, sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā: "May all beings become happy in their hearts." Dig the minor section that uses the same exact vocal over different chords.

Beautiful.... thanks for uploading this thread emoticon
thumbnail
Dharmasar, modified 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 9:19 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 9:19 AM

Travis Gene McKinstry:

You're welcome Travis. My partner says the relative-minor middle section feels to him like the deep nostalgia for 'being' that one experiences during meditation on emptiness.
thumbnail
Travis Gene McKinstry, modified 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 11:59 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 11:59 AM

Ven. Dharmasar Thero:
Travis Gene McKinstry:

You're welcome Travis. My partner says the relative-minor middle section feels to him like the deep nostalgia for 'being' that one experiences during meditation on emptiness.

That's some insight!!! haha that sounds quite amazing... do you meditate as well?
thumbnail
Dharmasar, modified 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 11:35 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 11:34 PM

Travis Gene McKinstry:

That's some insight!!! haha that sounds quite amazing... do you meditate as well?

Yes, I'm a monk living in Sri Lanka, a student of Bhikkhu Ñāṇananda. I just finished about two years of intensive meditation in an upland forest monastery. I'm very satisfied with what I have attained—no claims though, it's really just nothing, LOL. Anyway I'm easing back into the secular context, starting to do music and other things from my new viewpoint, and it's way cool.
thumbnail
Travis Gene McKinstry, modified 9 Years ago at 3/18/15 1:10 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/18/15 1:10 PM

Ven. Dharmasar Thero:
Travis Gene McKinstry:

Yes, I'm a monk living in Sri Lanka, a student of Bhikkhu Ñāṇananda. I just finished about two years of intensive meditation in an upland forest monastery. I'm very satisfied with what I have attained—no claims though, it's really just nothing, LOL. Anyway I'm easing back into the secular context, starting to do music and other things from my new viewpoint, and it's way cool.
Wow that sounds nice... I've always wanted to visit Sri Lanka...

As a monk, you're not allowed to claim any attainments, right??

I've always found music to be extremely theraputic.

Breadcrumb