thumbnail
Jean B, modified 8 Years ago at 5/6/15 8:09 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/6/15 8:08 PM

The Psychonaut Field Manual

thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 5/7/15 7:36 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/7/15 7:36 AM

RE: The Psychonaut Field Manual

Thanks Jean.  This is awesome, and right up my alley.  I'm reading through it now.
thumbnail
Jehanne S Peacock, modified 8 Years ago at 5/7/15 11:05 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/7/15 11:03 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this, Jean! I enjoyed reading it and now I'm looking forward to the next chapters. Also found it fun to observe the similarities to tantric visualization practices and other stuff, too, as I'm obviously inclined to finding similarities in everything emoticon
thumbnail
Stick Man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/13/15 10:48 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/13/15 10:48 PM

OK it says something about the third eye which I find interesting because I've always been wondering about this

"Over time you will feel a pressure or tingling in said area. This is because by intensely concentrating on a specific part of the body you cause slightly more blood to flow there. this is meant for dealing with cuts and like but in this case you'll be causing a moinor but observable overclock of the 10th and 11th brodman areas. Mystics call this the third eye..."

I've always assumed that this feeling is due to increased blood flow, or at least increased pressure of some body fluid, because that's really how it feels, whereas people usually say something woolly about "energy" which isn't very helpful in understanding it.

So
1) Is there such a general effect as increasing blood flow by concentrating on a body part ?
2) Can this affect these Brodmann's areas ?
3) It doesn't mention pineal gland, which such things usually do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodmann_area_10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodmann_area_11
Conor O'Higgins, modified 8 Years ago at 11/8/15 3:26 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/8/15 3:26 PM

The original seems to be down. Here it is on Wayback Machine.

Breadcrumb