For those that got SE off retreat

thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 8:31 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 8:31 AM

For those that got SE off retreat

Hi all, 

just a quick question for those of you who got SE off retreat, during normal day to day practice. Do you remember any changes in the way you felt, day to day on the lead up to the SE event?

thanks, 
Bman
thumbnail
Ian And, modified 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 12:35 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 12:32 PM

RE: For those that got SE off retreat (Answer)

b man:

just a quick question for those of you who got SE off retreat, during normal day to day practice. Do you remember any changes in the way you felt, day to day on the lead up to the SE event?

You might find something interesting in the following video of this Shinzen Young interview shot in 2009 where he describes "three key moments on the spiritual path."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCj9PDyPsg

It is short but powerful in what he has to share. If you've got your discriminating mind working on full throttle, you may be able to discern some interesting insights.

Also, be aware that this is just one man's experience with regard to the emotional turmoil he shares that he went through. It in no way may be indicative of the manner that others may experience such awakening moments. (Spoken from experience.)

In other words, watch it with discretion and caution, and take away only the hightlights that will help your intuition discern the truth.
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 3:24 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 3:24 PM

RE: For those that got SE off retreat

In the days leading up, including the day of, I went through lots of wierd, trippy phases that I interpreted to be the many layers of the equnamity level of mind.  I was having wierd childhood type emotions, super-sensory clarity periods, feeling muted inside at times, feeling bursts of sexual energy, etc.  I have no idea whether or not this is the norm for high-eq.  The thing that made me progress wasn't what people normally say (note the background sensations), but rather I just continued noting foreground sensations but with no aggression or passion whatsoever.
Blue Jay, modified 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 3:59 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/22/15 3:59 PM

Noah S:
In the days leading up, including the day of, I went through lots of wierd, trippy phases that I interpreted to be the many layers of the equnamity level of mind.  I was having wierd childhood type emotions, super-sensory clarity periods, feeling muted inside at times, feeling bursts of sexual energy, etc.  I have no idea whether or not this is the norm for high-eq.  The thing that made me progress wasn't what people normally say (note the background sensations), but rather I just continued noting foreground sensations but with no aggression or passion whatsoever.

This was my experience too. By that time I had given up attaining 1st path. I was practicing with the goal in mind, but not worried or obsessed about it. This way, it naturally came. Giving up the greedy attaining mentality was very important, because it wouldn't let me let go.
thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 5/27/15 12:07 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 5/27/15 12:07 PM

thanks guys - some useful thoughts in here

Breadcrumb