BATGAP

thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/16/15 3:54 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/16/15 3:54 PM

BATGAP

What other good Bhudda at the Gas Pump interviews are there apart from Daniels one and Kenneths one? Any others from the community here been interviewed? Or anyone else that is noting traditions?
thumbnail
Rednaxela, modified 8 Years ago at 6/16/15 4:10 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/16/15 4:10 PM

RE: BATGAP

Shinzen Young, Adyashanti, Rupert Spira were some of my favourites.
thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 7:54 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 7:54 AM

Alex L:
Shinzen Young, Adyashanti, Rupert Spira were some of my favourites.

thanks Alex. I gave the Shinzen Young one a watch for a bout an hour, but I just cant deal with his voice! it must be something going on with me at the moment, because I was having real aversion to a video from a british monk on a video someone posted recently. I'll try it again in a few weeks and see if its passed :-)
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 6/18/15 2:41 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/18/15 2:41 PM

Sally Kempton was a student of Muktananda's who definitely carries his shakti.  She's the author of a book I've read several times called "Meditation for the Love of It", which is sort of mushroomy, but also pretty practical.  The book is able to talk about cognitive/perceptual change and also about energetic stuff at the same time.

Stuart Perrin is an ex-teacher of mine.  He teaches eye-to-eye meditation where you basically stare at him for 45 minutes (as part of a group) and go through all types of crazy visions and jhanic experiences.
Derek, modified 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 11:02 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 11:02 AM

Noah S:

Stuart Perrin is an ex-teacher of mine.  He teaches eye-to-eye meditation where you basically stare at him for 45 minutes (as part of a group) and go through all types of crazy visions and jhanic experiences.

Looks interesting. I just went and purchased A Lotus Flower in Muddy Waters, a.k.a. A Deeper Surrender: Notes on a Spiritual Life.
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 3:32 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 3:32 AM

Derek Cameron:
Noah S:

Looks interesting. I just went and purchased A Lotus Flower in Muddy Waters, a.k.a. A Deeper Surrender: Notes on a Spiritual Life.
Sweet, I'm happy you're interesting, the whole Rudi tradition is fascinating and incredibly pragmatic.

-------------------

Btw, about 1 hour and 11 minutes into the KF batgap interview, Kenneth references "one of the most awake people he knows of", using this person as an example of an enlightened person who doesn't enter/need altered states of consciousness.  It sounded like it was someone who is still alive.  Does anyone know who this is??
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 10:18 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 10:18 AM

Btw, about 1 hour and 11 minutes into the KF batgap interview, Kenneth references "one of the most awake people he knows of", using this person as an example of an enlightened person who doesn't enter/need altered states of consciousness.  It sounded like it was someone who is still alive.  Does anyone know who this is??
Here's his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stuart.perrin.31?ref=br_rs&fref=browse_search .   Some quotes from his facebook:
On my first visit to Coffee Creek Prison in Wilsonville, OR, I asked the
dozen or so inmates who attended the meditation class if they knew
anyone alive who didn't live in some kind of prison. It could be an
economic prison, racial prison, political prison, family prison,
emotional prison, sexual prison or religious prison - some approach to
life that locks people up. The worst prison of all is a righteous one:
the thought that my way is the only way;
my salvation is your salvation; either you follow my path or be lost
forever in some kind of unruly forest. There was a look of relief on
the faces of the inmates, a sense of possibility when I told them that
the only real freedom exists inside one’s self.

Another quote:
Years of inner work and meditation practice have taught me that I know
little or nothing about life. At first this frightened me: after so
great an effort to now come up empty. I soon realized the value of
knowing nothing: the entire world was at my fingertips. I could embrace
life without having to defend my knowledge; I could sit in front of
life and allow it to be my teacher; and best of all, I no longer had to
weigh my own importance when I interacted with
other people. What a relief! It became fun to be wrong. I stopped
being afraid to let life teach me what to do. Without a position to
defend, wisdom and knowledge were kind to me.

-Eva
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 6/25/15 11:13 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/25/15 11:13 PM

Wait, but Kenneth and Stuart aren't connected as far as I know.  Were you addressing that part of my previous post??  

Btw, Stuart lives in Westchester county, NY now.  If anyone is within driving distance, I highly reccomend giving it a go.
thumbnail
Stick Man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 9:36 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 9:36 AM

Pretty decent podcast I think, overall. Rick Archer does a good job. Apart from the occasional Plaiadean light being....

Peter Russell ?
Causes & Conditions, modified 8 Years ago at 6/25/15 10:06 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/25/15 10:06 PM

There's a Joseph Goldstein one that's pretty good. 
thumbnail
Dean P, modified 8 Years ago at 6/30/15 7:40 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/30/15 7:40 AM

I'm not much of a regular listener these days (time issues, and 2 hour+ interviews just aren't a luxury anymore).. but some (others, not in any particular order or tradition) that I enjoyed from memory were: Greg Goode, Rupert Spira, Bart Marshall, David Spero, John Sherman, Francis Lucille, Unmani, Mooji, Stephan Bodian, Richard Lang, David Godman, Gary Weber, and a few others (more on the nonduality side).. I tend to avoid the new-agey or "bells n whistles" types, which become apparent in the first 15 minutes. 
thumbnail
Babs _, modified 8 Years ago at 7/1/15 1:15 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/1/15 1:13 AM

I really liked Harri Aalto's both interviews. Fresh, grounded, deep.

Btw. Rick referred to a friend of his many times in his early interviews saying that he knew this person who is just amazing. That's Harri. He finally accepted Rick's request for the interviews 1-2 years ago.
Miguel Ladoblanco, modified 8 Years ago at 7/1/15 1:45 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/1/15 1:45 AM

Aloka David Smith was one of my favorites. He is English and was a Theravadin monk in Sri Lanka at the time of his "awakening."