A few in-retreat experiences.

thumbnail
Diogo Kelles Fonseca, modified 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 12:49 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 12:49 AM

A few in-retreat experiences.

Please forgive poor english, 2nd language.

1 - something formless (weird 3d bent cilinder visualization) that seemed to be the whole of the experience, strobling, then it apperead and disapeared 3 times, then it was gone, and there was pretty much nothingness going on for about 0,3 second, then I open my eyes in awe and the whole visual field was "breathing", expanding and contracting. Pretty intense sensation.

2-  bright lights that seemed to be the whole of the visual field (eyes were closed). Lasted for several seconds, maybe minutes...Something like a floating bright galaxy on the visual field, that seemed pretty vast. Then it bent in the middle of itself somehow and I lost focus. Very blissful sensation over the experience

3 - hardest to describe: had the same vast sensation and bliss of the previous two, but it was like this big floating galaxy was made entirely of metal pieces like nails, whrenches, etc...and it was not on the visual field, but more around the belly, and seemed to "swallow" the whole body as it was spinning... It didnt hurt or anything, but it was something like a weird non-confort, even thou I was actually quite cool about the non-confortness... Eventually the experience changed into something else.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 4:39 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 4:39 AM

RE: A few in-retreat experiences.

Pretty trippy stuff!  Talk a little bit about your practice, how long have you been at it all? what methods are you using? did you notice any changes to your life experience / world view after these wild happenings?

tom
thumbnail
Diogo Kelles Fonseca, modified 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 5:01 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 4:54 AM

1 was bare notcing of the sound of the inside of the ear.

2 and 3 were breath noting (in and out air in the nose thrills).

When things get fast, conscisent and begin to get inclusive, would drop noting or noticing to bare noticing of whatever attention would lay on,but keeping slight focus on the breath if I felt vulnerable to be lost in tought,

1 was on the third day of retreat (spent 2 days thinking it was path), 2 and 3 on days 5 and 6 of the retreat.

I've been practicing by my own for a few years, but only with some concistency after this retreat.

changes on life experience were related to clarity sometimes with daily life anxiety (seeing it clearly as physical thing, not to be so reactive about), but life has been a roller coaster without breaks since retreat, with moments of profund clarity and momento of profound anxiety and anguish (but with some perspective, and sometimes "coolness" to this unpleasent momets).

Also, would love to talk to someone with path experience to help me out with practice, it's been quite rough, and I dont have any teachers or friends into this.

thank you!
thumbnail
Diogo Kelles Fonseca, modified 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 4:58 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 4:58 AM

Also, those states would arrise only after several minutes of practice, and only when practice seemed pretty strong and conscistent... I did not get anywhere close to experiencing the stuff described above on most of the sits.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 5:14 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/24/15 5:14 AM

Hey,
retreats are really great as you point out and allow us to make FAST progress.  the lights thing is typical of the A&P and the object dissappearing could be a path experience but don't bet on that.  the easy access to these states, post event, also COULD be an indication of SE.

day 6 has been a biggie in my case, whch doesn't mean much in and of itself but does line up with your experience.

keep having fun and report further!