something
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 2:52 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 2:43 AM

RE: THis is a test --

(ORIGINAL OP)
THis is a test --
7/31/15 12:06 AM 
My practice log (Views, meta-views_ Pariyatti Practice) mysteriously disappeared early this morning, just after adding a huge post.

This is a test -- create a dummy thread, then see if deleting it is possible, e.g. "Move to the recycle bin" -- may have done that inadvertently to the former thread?

[test,test...]

Yes -- quite possible. There's "Move to the recycle bin" both at the top of the thread itself, and on the "Recent Posts" page in the pull-down menu "Actions". -- poster can move to recycle, with option of "Undo".

Could someone else add a dummy post here, so I can test it it's still possible to wipe out the whole thread even with other people's posts added?

(I've got all the text in that old thread backed-up and can re-create it, but first try to figure out what happened to the old one...)

-------------------
(MESSAGE ADDED AFTER MARK')
7/31/15 12:32 AM as a reply to Chris J Macie. 

Thanks, Mark.

Turns out, after someone else posts in the thread, trying to "Move to the Recycle Bin" results in:
"Error: You do not have the required permissions."

So... back to the drawing board as to where the thread went...

(maybe it was a blue-moon demon?)

-------------------
(CURRENT STATUS (mystery))
Above two messages launched and added to this thread. After Mark added a message, the whole thread could not be deleted (move to recycle bin), but my individual posts could be (were) deleted by me -- except the OP post could not be deleted if it had more than one response:
"Error -- You cannot delete a root message that has more than one immediate reply."
(so deleted the 3rd message first; then OP was deleted, leaving just Mark's message; then added this message to explain it all).

I have all the contents backed-up, but it's 8 pages, 4000 words, 28,000 characters of stuff, a piece of work to reconstruct. Would like to find out why the former thread disappeared before the effort to put the stuff back in here.
Mark, modified 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 3:32 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 3:32 AM

Note that I appear as the owner "Started By" for the thread now - which is not the case.
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 7:52 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 7:52 AM

Mark: Note that I appear as the owner "Started By" for the thread now - which is not the case.

Aha! So "Started By..." actually means "First post (currently) in the thread is from..."
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 6:07 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/31/15 6:07 PM

Missing post in another thread

Another blue-moon DhO-discussion-group-funcionality oddity?

Wednesday (29th, 12:01 PM PDT) a 'subscribed' sort of email arrived with a reply to a post of mine earlier at 5:05 AM, both in thread: "Vipassana: Noting/Mahasi Style] RE: New Mahasi translation-- Manual of Insight". 

BUT this reply post doesn't subsequently show up as a post in that thread.
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 8 Years ago at 8/4/15 6:09 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/4/15 6:00 AM

RE: Missing post in another thread

Breadcrumb