jed mckenna

Ares, modified 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 1:38 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 1:38 PM

jed mckenna

Hey
a)what do you think of jed mckenna?
b)do you know what he did to become enlightened?or in wich book he describes his path?
meditation, contemplating,monk..what?
thumbnail
Rednaxela, modified 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:00 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:00 PM

RE: jed mckenna

JM is a fictional character.  i think some think he is based on the real life story of the late Richard Rose.

I'm not sure what people here think of Richard Rose but i've seen Vicent Horn write a not too complimentary post on the TAT foundation that he founded.  from what i understand, Rose was more into advaita teachings and didn't do much meditation.  He was a catholic priest at one time.

i've got a copy of the Albigen Papers which he wrote but i had trouble going through it, and put it down after the first chapter.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on Jed McKenna.  I enjoyed reading one of his books but was disappointed when i found out he didnt exist.

And posters on this site are most interested in buddhist practice and Mahasi noting.

best
Ares, modified 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 11:33 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 11:33 AM

Alex L:
JM is a fictional character.  i think some think he is based on the real life story of the late Richard Rose.

I'm not sure what people here think of Richard Rose but i've seen Vicent Horn write a not too complimentary post on the TAT foundation that he founded.  from what i understand, Rose was more into advaita teachings and didn't do much meditation.  He was a catholic priest at one time.

i've got a copy of the Albigen Papers which he wrote but i had trouble going through it, and put it down after the first chapter.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on Jed McKenna.  I enjoyed reading one of his books but was disappointed when i found out he didnt exist.

And posters on this site are most interested in buddhist practice and Mahasi noting.

best

could you hand on to me the Albigen Papers,please?
Distant Admirer, modified 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:11 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:09 PM

Jed McKenna is wrong about many things, some of them:

1) That awakening is generally painful and takes 10 years (or a long time) to integrate, whereas in awakening it is seen that there really is no suffering or complaining (no matter how loudly you complain about it), and there is no problem, and that the suffering is merely relative to the wholeness, the suffering not being really real. Even the appearance of the journey, and of loss, etc

My own example is that I often loudly complain about things and suffering etc, but in a certain sense that's relative, and thus, just relative, not really real, part of a playground, etc

I just don't buy into it, since there is wholeness

Moreover integration does not seem to be a thing, since everything is already known at awakening, thus eliminating the possibility of there being unexpected or unknown things that can happen, or things that you can learn.

The impossible and possible are directly known, so there is no possibility of things that cannot happen, happening

2) That there are very few awakened people, but in the awakening it is seen that literally everyone is awakened, and everyone is doing the best with what they have (or getting on with it), and making progress, thus there is no race, comparison or completion. Everyone is awakened, and this is not in a poetic sense, it is seen to be like, actually true. Consequently there is no distinction but just a lot of love, and no sectioning or levelling, and thus separation of people into categories.

3) Jed McKenna buys so much into the fictional nature of the universe, that even his literary character becomes fictional, as Alex above intimates, and thus, not real

Irony!
J J, modified 8 Years ago at 9/5/15 3:28 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/5/15 3:25 PM

I've had more thoughts about Jed McKenna's books since writing this post.

If you're seeking enlightenment, and don't absolutely have to, out of necessity, or are not drawn to his books. Put them down. But then again if you're not drawn to his books you probably wouldn't pick them up in the first place. Everything in Jed's books that is not related to his concept of Human Adulthood is utterly and entirely useless, this is not to say that he is not Spiritually Enlightened, and is not talking from a place of Spiritual Enlightenment, and cannot somewhat-accurately describe Spiritual Enlightenment.

It is to say that Spiritual Enlightenment is useless and pointless should not be sought whatsoever, unless it is a life-death situation and you have no choice. Jed McKenna says much the same in the books, himself.

Lastly, if for some reason you find yourself making the transition to Human Adulthood, and are drawn to the books, or the books come to you (or whatever), use them.

Else, trash them. Everything else in them is useless, even so with the side-subject of completely and totally unrelated enlightenment, which is not a thing anyways. Cheers.
Mattias Wilhelm Stenberg, modified 8 Years ago at 10/31/15 5:31 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 10/31/15 5:31 PM

J J:
I've had more thoughts about Jed McKenna's books since writing this post.

If you're seeking enlightenment, and don't absolutely have to, out of necessity, or are not drawn to his books. Put them down. But then again if you're not drawn to his books you probably wouldn't pick them up in the first place. Everything in Jed's books that is not related to his concept of Human Adulthood is utterly and entirely useless, this is not to say that he is not Spiritually Enlightened, and is not talking from a place of Spiritual Enlightenment, and cannot somewhat-accurately describe Spiritual Enlightenment.

It is to say that Spiritual Enlightenment is useless and pointless should not be sought whatsoever, unless it is a life-death situation and you have no choice. Jed McKenna says much the same in the books, himself.

Lastly, if for some reason you find yourself making the transition to Human Adulthood, and are drawn to the books, or the books come to you (or whatever), use them.

Else, trash them. Everything else in them is useless, even so with the side-subject of completely and totally unrelated enlightenment, which is not a thing anyways. Cheers.

HI I just wanted to point out that you may be mentally retarded, since you are posting on a board about enlightenment that has several enlightened people telling them there is no such thing as enlightenment. I'm sure we can agree that there is such a thing as retardation though, and if you're not enlightened, you are suffering from some form of it. emoticon

Enlightenment is real, it's just not what you think it is. 
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 8 Years ago at 11/1/15 11:39 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/1/15 11:39 AM

Don't know much about Jed, except the likely made up part, but try to convey your points here with a but more tact if possible. Read the front page.
Derek, modified 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 6:35 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 6:35 PM

Jed McKenna is back, working with people one-on-one:

http://jedmckenna.createaforum.com/
Derek2, modified 6 Years ago at 10/6/17 12:07 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/6/17 12:07 PM

Derek:
Jed McKenna is back, working with people one-on-one:

http://jedmckenna.createaforum.com/

Sorry, I've just learned from Reddit that the information I posted above is in fact wrong. The Jed McKenna books appear to have been written by an individual named Peder Sweeney, while the forum was created by an impostor named Kenneth McMordie.
Derek2, modified 6 Years ago at 10/6/17 8:32 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/6/17 8:32 PM

Michael V:

Does that mean I shouldn't give the forum creator 2,400$ for his 6-month "NAV Series"? I'm conflicted.... 

I can’t give you advice, only point you toward the evidence.