Mugwort, wormwood and other herbs containing thujone

Pål, modified 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 1:01 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 12:59 PM

Mugwort, wormwood and other herbs containing thujone

I hear it improves lucid dreaming. One report says it decreases concentration though. Do you have any experience with thujone? I'm planning on maybe consuming it in a magickal ritual soon.
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 1:39 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 1:39 PM

RE: Mugwort, wormwood and other herbs containing thujone

My friend drinks some Chinese mushroom tea on a regular basis, in order to improve his lucid dreaming capabilities.  He says that it works moderately and did not report any side effects.  I am not sure whether or not the active ingredient is thujone or something else.
Pål, modified 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 2:33 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 2:33 PM

Haha sounds fun anyway emoticon
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 10:51 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/20/15 10:39 PM

Pål:
I hear it improves lucid dreaming. One report says it decreases concentration though. Do you have any experience with thujone? I'm planning on maybe consuming it in a magickal ritual soon.

Mugwort
in the form Artemesia Argyi is commonly used in classical Chinese medicine (called ai-ye)-- to stop bleeding. The hair of the leaves is harvested into a wool-like "punk" and burned on the skin (usually removed before damaging), or indirectly via a "moxa stick" to generate heat into acupuncture points. It's reputed to generate "far infra-red" radiation when burned, which penetrates into the flesh a cm or so, rather than just burning at the surface (like normal infra-red radiation, aka sun-tan lamps).

A domestic variety of mugwort is reputed to have been used by some Native Americans -- put under one's pillow to induce good dreams.

Wormwood
, in the variety Artemisia annua, is known as qing hao, is a commonly used medicinal. The variety Artemisia capillaris (yinqinghao) is quite famous as one of the few effective treatments for malaria. It's processed into Western pharmaceutical drugs, as well as the traditional usage in Chinese decocted herbal formulas. In fact, demand is outstripping production / supply these days.
Pål, modified 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 1:54 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 1:54 AM

Also, the ancient roman soldiers put mugwort in their shoes to boost energy. I'll probably try consuming it, unless someone confirms the concentration loss. 

Breadcrumb