Experiencing new sensations in equinimity

thumbnail
Westthings, modified 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 5:16 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/21/15 5:16 PM

Experiencing new sensations in equinimity

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I am so happy to come across this site. It's exactly what I was looking for, a virtual sangha. I am realativly new to the noting techique and the insight path. With that said I beleive I have been in Equnimity for about 4 months now and things have seems to change quite a lot and fast. I was hoping I could get some feed back about these new strong sensations I have been having.

I have been meditating recently for about 4-5 hours a day. I usually do 60 minutes meditation sits (15min Concentration/45min Insight) and then 20 minutes walking to split the sitting times.

About half way through my meditation almost everytime I sit, I get this dense energy (?) coming up from my gut in a wave up to my head. It feels like something is about to happen but then once it gets to my head it kinda fizzels out I would say. One time there was a significant amount of pressure on the side of my jaw, up the side of my face and all over my forehead. It was almost like pain but not really. I felt like I was getting a headache which is unsual because I never ever get headaches.

My skin feels encompased with a light layer of a fuzzy buzzing sensation, this usually starts in small area then spreads to almost if not everywhere. Every sit there is usually flickering white lights in my eyes (they are closed). About half my sits I end up in a place that I can only call "Spacy". It feels kinda like a strong weed high. I'm still paying attention though it feels less concentrated. It kinda has a sway to it sometimes.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
neko, modified 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 7:27 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 7:27 AM

RE: Experiencing new sensations in equinimity

Darrek:

I have been meditating recently for about 4-5 hours a day. I usually do 60 minutes meditation sits (15min Concentration/45min Insight) and then 20 minutes walking to split the sitting times.

What do you mean by "concentration" and "insight"? What is it that you do?
thumbnail
Westthings, modified 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 10:22 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/22/15 10:22 PM

RE: Experiencing new sensations in equinimity

I focus on my breath mostly for the first part of my sit to gain strong concentration then switch to insight.

Breadcrumb