Zander Horn has been born.

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 8 Years ago at 9/7/15 4:45 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/7/15 4:45 PM

Zander Horn has been born.

I got to meet Emily and Vince's 3 month-old baby Zander West Horn, and he was cute, cute, cute! He was very alert, engaged, and seemingly happy. The parents were doing well also. The dharma of family doesn't get a lot of play here except for the occasional, "I have this family and job and all I want to do is go on retreat," so it is nice to see the other side of it, happy dharma people with a happy kid doing well in that context. Any other stories of happy dharma families are welcome.
thumbnail
Ben V, modified 8 Years ago at 9/7/15 8:03 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/7/15 8:03 PM

RE: Zander Horn has been born.

Congrats to the new family! Cool to be born in a Dharma family! As for other stories of happy Dharma families: Both me and my wife meditate and we have a five-year old daughter. I feel no conflict with intensive practice and family, as I have found ways to integrate the two. My daughter knows some Buddhist rituals, Pali chants, and can count her breaths to ten (out-loud). Sometimes she even says "I'm gonna meditate now" and she sits down in a meditation posture and counts out loud ten times every time she breathes out :-)

Best wishes to the new Dharma family!

Benoit
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 8 Years ago at 9/8/15 3:31 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/8/15 7:21 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
the dharma of family doesn't get a lot of play here except for the occasional

Congrats to Vince, Emily and little one.

Here is my contemplative efforts for dharma of family in between little sleep, work and being a dad 

http://lucaimyourfather.blogspot.com.au/

Nick
Matt, modified 8 Years ago at 9/8/15 10:41 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/8/15 10:41 AM

Here is my contemplative efforts  for dharma of family in between little sleep, work and being a dad 

http://lucaimyourfather.blogspot.com.au/

Nick
404 error on that url, I'd love to read it.  Google came up empty also, I  tried on my own! emoticon
thumbnail
Vincent Horn, modified 8 Years ago at 9/10/15 4:51 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/10/15 4:46 PM

Thanks Daniel, it was great seeing you and I'm stoked you got to meet Zander and vice versa.  It was especially cool that he got to see your wand collection, especially since we're dressing him up as Harry Potter for Halloween.  :-D

And thanks all for your blessings.  They are much appreciated (and needed). emoticon

Breadcrumb