Rupert Spira: Are There Stages of Realization?

Andreas Thef, modified 8 Years ago at 12/6/15 6:43 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/6/15 6:42 AM

Rupert Spira: Are There Stages of Realization?

Recently I've been watching some talks by Rupert Spira. I find it very inspiring. Here's an interesting one on stages of realization from the non-duality perspective:

Are There Stages of Realization? - Rupert Spira
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 2:01 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 2:01 AM

RE: Rupert Spira: Are There Stages of Realization?

It's nice to have an interesting tape to listen to while doing the chores, thank you!  I seem to relate easily to the advaita stuff I've heard so far, maybe I'm on the wrong kind of chit chat board here LOL! 
-Eva
Michał G, modified 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 3:48 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 3:48 AM

Eva M Nie:
It's nice to have an interesting tape to listen to while doing the chores, thank you!  I seem to relate easily to the advaita stuff I've heard so far, maybe I'm on the wrong kind of chit chat board here LOL! 
-Eva

I agree, I like how simple and straight to the point it is. I am not a buddhism and dharma fanatic, but I am here because I find Buddha inspiring and I really like the maps to which MCTB introduced me to. Also because I found DhO to be a really open minded community. I feel like I can talk about anything here and get something interesting out of the conversation.
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 12:28 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 12:28 PM

Agreed I also like here too and have learned a lot when reading about the paths, etc.  I guess maybe I made it sound otherwise by saying it the way I did.  We've had some discussions here and a few times some Advaita links have been used during discussion of the concept of 'no self' and there has sometimes been a kind of statement that Advaita is a different kind of thing, like comparing apples and orange, Advaita and Buddhism.  I am not sure how accurate my perceptions of those differences are.  Spira has a whole different set of thought exercises that are ones you can jusit and think about while eating breakfast, I have beeing listening to a variety of his tapes which are short but rather information and idea intense.  There seems to be a lot more talk and ideas that are just things you can ponder in a straightforward normal way and I am super impressed by his ability to take a question and lead the questioner quickly down a path that might cause one to look at something from a diff perspective than previously.  Not sure if this is typical Advaita teaching.  Ironically, Spira is more talked about as an artist on his wiki than a spiritual guru, no mention of a sangha or any such there, but I am very impressed by his teaching skills and what he is teaching.  Not sure how much what he says does or does not diverge from what is more accepted on this board.  
-Eva  
Michał G, modified 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 3:54 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/7/15 3:53 PM

There are two interviews on Youtube with Rupert hosted at batgap (Buddha At The Gas Pump). They are really worth checking out : ) at one point they do inquiry together, very interesting stuff 
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 12/10/15 11:53 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/10/15 11:53 AM

No Self Spira style RE: Rupert Spira: Are There Stages of Realization?

Thanx for othe Batgap head's up, been listening to his first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdMWPtZwnM .  At about 1:07 market he talks about no self,  His take summarized: I am nothing, I am No Thing,  nothing percievable, nothing objective, not a body, not an image, not a thought, etc.  I am that which knows all this, I am the awareness of those things. . .. THis realization that I am this everpresent and without limits or infinite.. is what is sometimes called awakening.

-Eva

Breadcrumb