RE: Energy stuck in head

KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/11/16 8:37 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/11/16 8:35 PM

Energy stuck in head

What seems like perhaps what is called "kundalini" started in me about a year and a half ago. I have become much more equanimous to the sensations, but it still sometimes feels like an octopus is attacking my head. I have received advice about this before ans mostly it was useless. People tell me to focus on the abdomen, heart, put my feet in water or on the earth, etc... I don't think that is going to work. The energy does not come down. Here is what I think:

I think it is working on my crown chakra, otherwise known as the Rudra Granthi, an energy knot which covers the areas of Ajna & Sahasrara chakras.

It will keep working there until the knot is dissolved. So, I would like to focus on practices which dissolve these blockages in the head.

Things I have noticed are the following:

• when I am interested in what is happening, like having sex or eating or watching a cool movie or talking to an intelligent person, there is no headache at all and in fact there are pleasureable sensations throughout the body.
  • when I am bored or uninterested in what is going on around me, the headache starts up
  • when I try to make it go away it gets worse
  • when I stop thinking it goes away
  • it is much stronger during meditation and much less after meditation
  • smoking weed (which I don't do very often) has occasionally completely loosened the knot and I have experienced oceanic perception and a smooth rising flow from the root, through the heart and coming out of the forehead and top of the head. On a side note, I often notice that when I smoke weed it gives me a few months "preview" of upcoming developments in my spiritual unfolding.
  • the knot's main locations are in the back of the head, the top of the head and the forehead and in between the eyes
  • i also feel knots in the throat, chest and abdomen
  • loving myself also seems to cause the knots to loosen
  • letting go of the hope of ever understanding or achieving enlightenment seems to provide some relief
  • the sensations seems to radiate from a bubble of numbness around the core in which the delusion of self seems to reside
  • the sensations are attached to the side channels
  • I can't really feel my spine or the back of my throat (sushumna / central channel is unavailable to me)
I don't consider this a "problem". Only a "self" has "problems" and if I make it into a problem mentally it gets much worse. But, of course, I would like to advance in my spiritual development but it seems like a catch 22 where I have to stop wanting to advance to advance. Why is kundalini shakti so tricky and frustrating!?!?!?

In any case, I have gained equanimity and can function at 100% even when I have a splitting headache without complaining, even internally. This is a gift.

Thanks for any sincere and helpful guidance.

Thank you.
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 1/11/16 9:37 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/11/16 9:37 PM

KunaliniLinguini:

• when I am interested in what is happening, like having sex or eating or watching a cool movie or talking to an intelligent person, there is no headache at all and in fact there are pleasureable sensations throughout the body.
  • when I am bored or uninterested in what is going on around me, the headache starts up

You should try learning how to purposely bring piti into meditation.  "Gladden" the mind, before, during and after meditation by visualizing nice things in relation to your meditation object, i.e. 'breathing in joy, breathing out relaxation.'  Likewise, talk to yourself in nice ways, coaching yourself to recieve positive feedback when you do something right (i.e. staying with the object of meditation), and forgiving yourself when you have poor concentration.  Eventually, sati and piti will become automatic and intertwined habits that occur whenever you turn the mind towards its object of concentration.  When the mind and body are sufficiently soaked in piti, sukkha will begin to arise.  This might help further open the knots in your skull.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 12:46 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 12:45 AM

howdy,
this is common.  you stated that 'bringing the energy down just doesn't work'.  i would add , "yet".
some tips i found helpful were:
to introduce and give emphasis to the notion and feeling of 'calm' as vimilaramsi teaches out of the satipathana sutta.  a practical tip to effect this came from the forum member teague which was, 'to take whatever energetic concentration object you have, find its perimeter and spread and widen your focus just outside of that perimeter'.  i'm paraphrasing heavily but that helped me.

yoga can help bring a more balanced energy as can doing cyclic breathing which is really just acknowleging different locations of the 'breath body' or 'process' of breathing.  one follows the breath up the back from the root chakra to the crown on the in-breath and down from the crown, face, throat, heart, belly etc. on the out-breath. a god description can be found on the aypsite.org.

also these sensations tend to be prevalant during equanimity so be equanimous.  ;-)
neko, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 5:31 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 5:31 AM

Noah:
When the mind and body are sufficiently soaked in piti, sukkha will begin to arise.  This might help further open the knots in your skull.

That is my experience too. "Energy" and piti being charged up and accumulated in the crown chakra in 1st jhana, staying there in 2nd, and trickling gently down the body in 3rd jhana, transmuted in sukha and relaxation.

That being said, the activity of chakras (if any) seems to vary from individual to individual. For me the main blockage / knot is in the thoat chakra and it only seems to be noticeable in Disgust, so one's mileage may vary...
thumbnail
Psi, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 7:56 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 7:56 AM

KundaliniLinguini:
What seems like perhaps what is called "kundalini" started in me about a year and a half ago. I have become much more equanimous to the sensations, but it still sometimes feels like an octopus is attacking my head. I have received advice about this before ans mostly it was useless. People tell me to focus on the abdomen, heart, put my feet in water or on the earth, etc... I don't think that is going to work. The energy does not come down. 

Get in a seated or standing posture, preferably seated, so as you would not lose your balance.  Get your back straight.  Now, lean your head back, and with your eyes closed look straight up into the sky, you should really feel a good stretch in your front neck and chest muscle groups.  But, do not overstretch and hurt yourself, use common sense.

Sorry this took so long to reply, the answer only arose during a deep meditation, it must have been way back in the mind.  Most yogis focus on the back, and the spinal column, forgetting to let the energy flow back down the front side.  This simple technique should open up the front side and let the energy flow more freely.

If this does not help, there should be no harm done.

The only other way, that I know of,  is to let the energy out through the fontenelle spot on the top of the skull.

Besides all that, there are grounding techniques, eating root vegetables and such, lots of physical excercise.

Also, the Moola Bhanda may be of benefit, as it stretches the nerve sheaths, so they say, and brings intention and focus to the lower areas, which should also bring energy back into balance.  But this will take quite a while to learn this technique if you are starting from scratch, as for some it is hard to get control of some muscle groups, especially the vestigial ones....  i.e. wiggling ears, moving cranial muscles, coccyx area muscles, perineal area muscles etc.

Psi
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 9:03 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 9:03 AM

Interesting.

When the energy first really started moving I was often compelled to arch my head back, open my mouth, practically dislocate my jaw to one side and stick my tongue out and then a huge rising flow would come out of my mouth straight into the air. This was often followed by cycles of being compelled to lay down on my stomach with my forehead and face pressed into the floor as energy was sucked downward out of each individual chakra sequentially, first up and then back down.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 11:07 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 11:07 AM

KundaliniLinguini:
Interesting.

When the energy first really started moving I was often compelled to arch my head back, open my mouth, practically dislocate my jaw to one side and stick my tongue out and then a huge rising flow would come out of my mouth straight into the air. This was often followed by cycles of being compelled to lay down on my stomach with my forehead and face pressed into the floor as energy was sucked downward out of each individual chakra sequentially, first up and then back down.

When this initially happened were you compelled as if you were a puppet, were you wearing socks, and were you ReadySpaghetti?

Psi
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 12:11 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 12:11 PM

Psi:
KundaliniLinguini:
Interesting.

When this initially happened were you compelled as if you were a puppet, were you wearing socks, and were you ReadySpaghetti?

Psi

I don't quite understand what you are asking.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 1:00 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 1:00 PM

KundaliniLinguini:
When I read your response I thought you were pulling my leg, and poking fun of my simple , sincere advice. What you are describing is well beyond any of my experiences, having only experienced the simplest of kriyas myself. So, I apologize, and I am unable to be of much help beyond what little I have offered.

My apologies, and may you find happiness,

Psi
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:22 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:22 PM

Psi:
KundaliniLinguini:
When I read your response I thought you were pulling my leg, and poking fun of my simple , sincere advice. What you are describing is well beyond any of my experiences, having only experienced the simplest of kriyas myself. So, I apologize, and I am unable to be of much help beyond what little I have offered.

Psi
I very much appreciated your original response. I thought it was an interesting synchronicity with what I had experienced. And yes, I seem to be prone to dramatic spiritual experiences for better or worse.
thumbnail
Jean B, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:48 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:48 PM

tell if it was as bad as your situation --certainly not--, but I had
serious headache, strong diziness (to the point I was sometimes about to
faint) and a constant feeling of stupor with this energy being so
strong it would take all my attention.

After trying a lot of things, what helped me was :
  • concentration: at first concentration got me energy in the head, so I was avoiding any type of concentration by fear it would worsen my situation. But I found that actually going deeper and through the energy "knots" was actually helping me to dilute and assimilate it
  • noting or at least noticing : noticing the enery moving, pulsing, etc. time frame by time frame, helped me to get rid of the sense of a continuous phenomenon. This new perspective allowed me to drop it once and for good
  • also taking some time every day to direct the energy through the front channel (along the spine but on the front side of your body), feeling the energy going down and diffusing in the body.
So now I still have energy in the head, and it sometimes still quite strong when I'm tired, but I can manage it and it's not a bother anymore. Whatever strategy you might adopt, be patient and give it a few weeks or months before it works.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:55 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 2:55 PM

KundaliniLinguini:
Psi:
KundaliniLinguini:

Psi
I very much appreciated your original response. I thought it was an interesting synchronicity with what I had experienced. And yes, I seem to be prone to dramatic spiritual experiences for better or worse.
Again, I apologize, you are in some basically uncharted territory, as far as the majority goes, that is.  Perhaps, our communications are in some sort of synchronicity, that happens sometimes, kind of unexplainable.  From reading your other posts, which I should have done earlier, my bad, you do seem to be sincere.  A book I ordered on Jan. 9th is coming in the mail, it is called The Biology of Kundalini, by Jana Dixon.  Here are some excerpts that my interest you, and a link below, the book is basically free online to read.  There are also many practices listed in the book to help with different aspects of Kundalini awakenings and phenomenon.

KRIYA YOGA

Muscle twitching, cramps or spasms, shaking, trembling, limpness, rigid-contraction, facial contortions. Itching, vibrating, pricking, tingling, effervescent bubbles of bliss. Tingling/throbbing in left foot and leg is one of the main signs that kundalini is active. Hot or cold changes in body temperature. Shooting currents of energy or heat. Zigzag or double helix of energy up the spine. Prana flow in the central nervous system. Pulsating sensation in the sacrum. Involuntary laughing or crying, deep sighs. Abdomen may flatten toward the spine. Contraction of visceral organs. The anus contracts and is drawn up (bandhas). Purging or constipation. Bad digestion. Chin may press down against the neck (neck lock posture). Eyeballs roll upwards or rotate. Eyelids may not open despite effort to open them. Left eyelid flickers, then towards the end of the awakening the right eye may flicker. Tongue rises to the roof of the mouth or stretches back. Repetitive popping sensation in the sinus above the palette. Body may twist in all directions. Body may bend forward or back, or roll around on the floor. Spontaneous asanas and mudrus. Breathing constriction, heaviness or contraction of diaphragm. Unusual breathing patterns, tendency to belly breathe, emphatic out-breath. Racing heart, expansion pains in heart. Feeling of levitation or intensified gravity, radical grounding and associated lethargy, Chronic Fatigue. Body sense might expand to feel huge or small. Strange aches and head pressures, headaches. Clenching jaw. Yawning, excessive sleep. Inability to sleep during hyperactivation; Hyperactivity, need to constantly walk or exercise. Dry throat, great thirst. Feeling headlessness, mindless, giddy, heaviness of head like one is wearing a helmet. Build up of pressure at the head, neck, spine, thorax and eyes. Paralysis during Samadhi or hypnogogic states. Numbness and pain in limbs, especially the left foot and leg. Numbness on the left scalp and down into left face, with drooping of the left eyelid. Years of pain in the throat (thyroid) or in the left foot or shin prior to the awakening. Loss of strength in the arms during rapture and heart expansions. Psychokinetic interference with electrical equipment. Smell of roses or peaches eminating from the skin.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=SymptomsList

And haha, found this, more sychronicity, maybe like a hidden message from the past, for me to quit finding hidden meanings... lol

Psychic and bioenergetic phenomena doesn't actually mean anything other than the meaning we give it. It is only we humans that apply "meaning" to things...Psi, subtle and causal effects are simply a revelation or confirmation of the way the universe is put together. However because it is extrasensory and transcends the mind we tend to think that it is more important than the consensus reality that is based on the cognitive interpretation (prefrontal lobe) of information from the five senses. Just because something is beyond the five senses we think it has greater holy significance and we tend to be drawn hither and tither by our spiritual ambition to “get more God.”

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=ExploringtheSymptoms

Anyway here is the site link,

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

Psi
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 8:27 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 8:27 PM

For headache/pressure, what works for me is looking at my thought processes and how they are pressuring me.  If I'm in a mode where I want certain things to happen, certain progress to be made, certain things to happen in certain order, doing a plot of planning and organizing, etc, if I am too clingy/intense with those thoughts, they can result in pressure in the head.  How to get out of it, change/relax thought processes.  The body is representative of the mind.  From what you have said, when you are in certain situations, you do not have head pressure so you can explore how your mind is different at those times compared to the pressure times.  It's entirely possible to let go of all that pressure you are putting on yourself and your head, but you have to be willing and interested and ready to explore first.  And you may need to put some experimentation and patience into it too.  It was only when I learned to operate and think in not pressurizing modes that I was able to finally get rid of many years of intermittent forehead chakra headaches and pressure feelings.

From my experience, sometimes I suspect that kundalini trains via carrot and stick, do it wrong and it hurts and it will continue to hurt until you learn and then do it right.  Then it feels good.   ;-P
-Eva 
thumbnail
Psi, modified 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 9:52 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/12/16 9:51 PM

There is also the approach quoted below, I have used it for so long that I have almost forgot that I am doing it, it becomes that much of a natural process, with enough practice, that is.  Bhante Vimalaramsi describes the how to's on his web site , articles, talks and books.  The link to his site is at the bottom of the article. Eva jogged my memory with her post.  Anyway,  the method works for me...

In my experience I have found that there is a slightly different type of relaxing on the in breath, by this I mean that the feeling of tranquilizing the tightness or tension in one's head is not the same as the feeling when one tranquilizes the tightness or tension on the out breath. Maybe I can explain it like this there is a membrane that encloses the entire brain. Anytime mind's attention moves it causes this membrane to contract or get tighter this is commonly called "Craving" or the "I like it or I don't like it mind". This tightness is how we notice that craving is present. When one lets go of this slight tightness or tension they will feel a release of this bigger type of craving that always manifests as tension or tightness. When this tightness or tension is let go of there is a feeling of expansion or opening up that occurs and there is a very subtle relief!
http://www.dhammatalks.net/Books/Ven_Vimalaramsi_Anapanasati_Q_and_A.htm
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:37 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:37 AM

Noah:
KunaliniLinguini:

You should try learning how to purposely bring piti into meditation.  "Gladden" the mind, before, during and after meditation by visualizing nice things in relation to your meditation object, i.e. 'breathing in joy, breathing out relaxation.'  Likewise, talk to yourself in nice ways, coaching yourself to recieve positive feedback when you do something right (i.e. staying with the object of meditation), and forgiving yourself when you have poor concentration.  Eventually, sati and piti will become automatic and intertwined habits that occur whenever you turn the mind towards its object of concentration.  When the mind and body are sufficiently soaked in piti, sukkha will begin to arise.  This might help further open the knots in your skull.
Yes, I need to learn how to bring more joy into my life and practice. Thank you.
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:39 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:39 AM

tom moylan:
howdy,
this is common.  you stated that 'bringing the energy down just doesn't work'.  i would add , "yet".
some tips i found helpful were:
to introduce and give emphasis to the notion and feeling of 'calm' as vimilaramsi teaches out of the satipathana sutta.  a practical tip to effect this came from the forum member teague which was, 'to take whatever energetic concentration object you have, find its perimeter and spread and widen your focus just outside of that perimeter'.  i'm paraphrasing heavily but that helped me.

yoga can help bring a more balanced energy as can doing cyclic breathing which is really just acknowleging different locations of the 'breath body' or 'process' of breathing.  one follows the breath up the back from the root chakra to the crown on the in-breath and down from the crown, face, throat, heart, belly etc. on the out-breath. a god description can be found on the aypsite.org.

also these sensations tend to be prevalant during equanimity so be equanimous.  ;-)
Thank you, it is cool to know about the microcosmic orbit and that these sensations are prevalant in equanimity territory. I mostly ignore them. Only a fool would spend their life focused on their own discomfort.
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:41 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:41 AM

Jean B.:
tell if it was as bad as your situation --certainly not--, but I had
serious headache, strong diziness (to the point I was sometimes about to
faint) and a constant feeling of stupor with this energy being so
strong it would take all my attention.

After trying a lot of things, what helped me was :
  • concentration: at first concentration got me energy in the head, so I was avoiding any type of concentration by fear it would worsen my situation. But I found that actually going deeper and through the energy "knots" was actually helping me to dilute and assimilate it
  • noting or at least noticing : noticing the enery moving, pulsing, etc. time frame by time frame, helped me to get rid of the sense of a continuous phenomenon. This new perspective allowed me to drop it once and for good
  • also taking some time every day to direct the energy through the front channel (along the spine but on the front side of your body), feeling the energy going down and diffusing in the body.
So now I still have energy in the head, and it sometimes still quite strong when I'm tired, but I can manage it and it's not a bother anymore. Whatever strategy you might adopt, be patient and give it a few weeks or months before it works.

Thanks. Yes, everything is manageable.
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:45 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:45 AM

Eva M Nie:
For headache/pressure, what works for me is looking at my thought processes and how they are pressuring me.  If I'm in a mode where I want certain things to happen, certain progress to be made, certain things to happen in certain order, doing a plot of planning and organizing, etc, if I am too clingy/intense with those thoughts, they can result in pressure in the head.  How to get out of it, change/relax thought processes.  The body is representative of the mind.  From what you have said, when you are in certain situations, you do not have head pressure so you can explore how your mind is different at those times compared to the pressure times.  It's entirely possible to let go of all that pressure you are putting on yourself and your head, but you have to be willing and interested and ready to explore first.  And you may need to put some experimentation and patience into it too.  It was only when I learned to operate and think in not pressurizing modes that I was able to finally get rid of many years of intermittent forehead chakra headaches and pressure feelings.

From my experience, sometimes I suspect that kundalini trains via carrot and stick, do it wrong and it hurts and it will continue to hurt until you learn and then do it right.  Then it feels good.   ;-P
-Eva 

Certainly it is a gift to be so sensitive to even the slightest delusion, craving or aversion within our thoughts. Sometimes it seems like the ultimate delusion is that delusion itself, or the craving or aversion, clinging, pressuring, discomfort, etc... is our personal problem and that we have to or even can do something about it to change it.
KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:46 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 6:46 AM

Psi:
There is also the approach quoted below, I have used it for so long that I have almost forgot that I am doing it, it becomes that much of a natural process, with enough practice, that is.  Bhante Vimalaramsi describes the how to's on his web site , articles, talks and books.  The link to his site is at the bottom of the article. Eva jogged my memory with her post.  Anyway,  the method works for me...

In my experience I have found that there is a slightly different type of relaxing on the in breath, by this I mean that the feeling of tranquilizing the tightness or tension in one's head is not the same as the feeling when one tranquilizes the tightness or tension on the out breath. Maybe I can explain it like this there is a membrane that encloses the entire brain. Anytime mind's attention moves it causes this membrane to contract or get tighter this is commonly called "Craving" or the "I like it or I don't like it mind". This tightness is how we notice that craving is present. When one lets go of this slight tightness or tension they will feel a release of this bigger type of craving that always manifests as tension or tightness. When this tightness or tension is let go of there is a feeling of expansion or opening up that occurs and there is a very subtle relief!
http://www.dhammatalks.net/Books/Ven_Vimalaramsi_Anapanasati_Q_and_A.htm

Thanks for this link. The article and perspective is wonderful and totally resonates with my experience!
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 8:58 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 8:58 AM

KundaliniLinguini:

Yes, I need to learn how to bring more joy into my life and practice. Thank you

I didn't mean it as a 'general' recommendation or in some pejorative way that ignored your question.  Have you actually tried this yet?  It was technical/specific to your descriptions.  The knot in your head might be opening up when you are in a state of pleasure.  Learn to surrender and open to this pleasure more deeply, and it might permanently pop.
Eva Nie, modified 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 11:22 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/13/16 11:22 PM

KundaliniLinguini:

Certainly it is a gift to be so sensitive to even the slightest delusion, craving or aversion within our thoughts. Sometimes it seems like the ultimate delusion is that delusion itself, or the craving or aversion, clinging, pressuring, discomfort, etc... is our personal problem and that we have to or even can do something about it to change it.
I have no such 'gift.'  I was clueless for a long time but eventually I got tried of it so I started looking for a way out.  Observation of thoughts and delusions was a slow process starting with observation of the big delusions first and slowly working down.  Over the course of a few years, I got through a lot of it and seem to have passed the head ache stage but that does not mean I am free of every single delusion.  but I have yet to hear fo anyone getting this 'gift' handed to them on a silver platter.  You have to be willign to work for it.   Personally a big realization I had to make was that I was responsible for gettign my own crap together and that an attitude of being a helpless victim was NOT the way to get my crap together, I had to be proactive about it.  That helpless attitude is, however, a great way to be suck in  the same place for a very long time, I speak from experience!  ;-P 

Buddha developed and taught a method that lead ot change and cessation of suffering.  Why even bother to do that if he thought people could not change themselves through their own actions?  In the ultimate scheme of things, I am not even sure a simple dichotomy of destiny only or free will only could even be accurate either way.  But either way, I look for things that work right now to fix stuff and I try to get rid of things that seem to work against fixing stuff.  If those ideas come from God, me, some other higher me, Godzilla, or the universe, I could not tell you but I can tell you that whatever is behind it, certain things and attitudes work and certain things and attitudes do not work so the best and safest and most practical course of action is to look for the things that work and do them.
-Eva 
Ethan P Zwirn, modified 7 Years ago at 11/21/16 12:44 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/21/16 12:44 PM

I have a question: I had a deep awakening about 20 months ago, and ever since I've been extremely fatigued/depressed/sick-ish. Doctors have diagnosed it as chronic lyme disease, yet I cannot shake the deep knowing that nothing is wrong,and that nothing needs to be treated nor could be. It's neither fatigue nor depression nor sickness, yet it feels like all three. I am completely in the present moment at all times, with no "self" in the head, yet it feels like a heavy kind of suffocation... Constant for the past 20 months. I've read that awakening starts the process of dissolving ego/pain structures, which causes this. And "ascension" processes and "light-body integration" "incubation period" are terms thrown around a lot, which weirds me out a little. I know many enlightened people have gone through years of depression, but this id different. There is no unhappy story or even thought. Just this extreme fatigue/depressed-feeling. Any thoughts?
Also, I'd love to know what you think about these few articles on the physical "awakening/ascension" process: http://www.truedivinenature.com/EnergyUpdateJuly2015.htm
https://laurabruno.wordpress.com/…/chronic-fatigue-lightwo…/
http://www.ascension360.net/resources-2/ascension-symptoms/
http://goldenageofgaia.com/…/ascension-symptoms-or-what-is…/
thumbnail
Supreme Maharishi Bhumi 1000, modified 7 Years ago at 1/10/17 8:23 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/21/16 5:43 PM

J Adam G, modified 7 Years ago at 11/26/16 8:41 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/23/16 9:21 PM

KundaliniLinguini:
  • letting go of the hope of ever understanding or achieving enlightenment seems to provide some relief
  • the sensations seems to radiate from a bubble of numbness around the core in which the delusion of self seems to reside
  • the sensations are attached to the side channels
  • I can't really feel my spine or the back of my throat (sushumna / central channel is unavailable to me)

The letting go is a release of the mind-contracting nature of the self-illusion. Knowledge of equanimity regarding formations will not deepen if said equanimity is displaced by desire for enlightenment. Meditation fueled by desire for enlightenment will get you from pre-meditation all the way to the Reobservation Crisis. Letting go will get you from there, to the path moment. Part of that process is penetrating the illusion that "you" are "deciding" to let go -- rather, the spreading field of awareness eventually encompasses not only the "external" sensations that are outside the bubble of numbness, but also the "illusory self zone" inside the bubble, and the "boundary" of the bubble itself. 

You're clearly familiar with the equanimity territory. Especially low equanimity (vipassana jhana 4.1) where awareness has arisen that there's pain with the way the false sense of self that tries to push some sensations away and pull others closer -- which is impossible, because sensations just show up where they are, and can't be moved around to other places. They don't even exist for longer than a single mind moment, so how could they move? Not that anyone consciously tries to move sensations around, of course; that's just a way of referring to aversion which tries to make things go away, and craving which tries to make them stay and grow and come closer to the "self". All of which has, at its core, the intuition that there's a cluster of sensations in the middle of the head that "controls" other sensations and makes some arise, and others not. 

Some of the things that still need to be noticed as sensations rather than as truths are the perceptions that the bubble is numb. What sensations tell you so? Are there physical feelings there that are called "numbness"? Are there inferences like "no sensations seem to be arising, so there must be a numbness zone"? What's really going on there?

A low-to-mid equanimity thing to do is to really investigate the heck out of that zone in the middle of the head that seems to be the self. A slightly further-along-the-path thing to do is looking at the numbness bubble itself: all the sensations that seem to be "in between" the self, and the non-self field of sensations that "you are perceiving".

Actually all of these sensations -- the external senses, the illusory-self-zone, and the numbness zones that divide the two, are all just sensations that are arising. Intellectually realizing that fact is nice, in that it points out what needs to be directly seen. That said, the book learning itself won't directly trigger the realignment of perceptions with the reality of how they actually are arising. Whatever you want to call the process of having attention grow wider and more inclusive, that's the thing that will open up this knot. Energy practices are optional -- clear comprehension is not. 

EDIT: I feel pretty silly for quoting a starting post that was ten months old! I saw this thread under recent discussions and thought the whole thing was recent. 
Ati123, modified 5 Years ago at 10/25/18 11:42 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/25/18 11:42 PM

Hi! If you check out Kim Katami and open heart bhumi model, this might help you. They identify six knots in the head as bhumis/energy centers, and have amazingly effective ways to "open" these. As I have been doing it for a couple of months now I am happy to give my most sincere recommandations to these methods emoticon. For every "pop" awaress and selflessness increase dramatically, and the change will be permanent, as will probably the tension/knots in the head be less and less powerfull with practise. So take time to think about if this is something for you or not emoticon 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 5 Years ago at 10/26/18 7:46 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/26/18 7:46 AM

Hey Ati123, how did you find out about the DhO?
john paul komperda, modified 5 Years ago at 1/19/19 3:49 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 1/19/19 3:49 PM

Hey. Contact me if you want. When I read about what was happening my jaw almost dropped and I am in a nearly identical predicament, blocks and all. 
Ive gather some insight on this. I think sinking and dissolving is probably our best bet.