Tension Behind Eyes

KundaliniLinguini, modified 8 Years ago at 1/18/16 8:06 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/18/16 8:06 AM

Tension Behind Eyes

I have been meditating for hours per day for 2 years now and there is still the sensation of being an "observer" or "looker" behind the eyes and a ton of tension. The breath does not make it into this tension bubble where the looker resides. I am defeated I have no idea how to dissolve this delusion.
thumbnail
Babs _, modified 8 Years ago at 1/18/16 3:17 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/18/16 3:17 PM

RE: Tension Behind Eyes

Hi KL,

I see. This has worked for 40 people (out of 42) I've worked with: http://www.en.openheart.fi/113

Hope it helps,
Baba
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 8 Years ago at 1/19/16 4:02 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/19/16 4:02 AM

howdy KL,
another take on this would be to turn your attention toward other, more subtle, objects which keep perpetuating this illusion of self.  things like your frustration, your grasping for a goal,  the movement of your attention, investigation itself.

letting go is also a very important skill that many gung-ho meditators see as a weakness rather than the strength that it is.  getting friendly with your experience, finding quiet subtle joy and releasing the irritation of progress can help you become more equanimous.

cheers
thumbnail
Babs _, modified 8 Years ago at 1/19/16 12:41 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/19/16 12:41 PM

tom moylanhowdy KL,
another take on this would be to turn your attention toward other, more subtle, objects which keep perpetuating this illusion of self.  things like your frustration, your grasping for a goal,  the movement of your attention, investigation itself.

letting go is also a very important skill that many gung-ho meditators see as a weakness rather than the strength that it is.  getting friendly with your experience, finding quiet subtle joy and releasing the irritation of progress can help you become more equanimous.

cheers
Tom,

Why? Why go elsewhere when you already know exactly what's the problem? Why not face it and deal with it? Respectfully, this is not the situation to practice letting go. There's enough work for that after awakening. And then letting go won't be an ego trip anymore.

Straight into the eye of the storm, is what I recommend.

Breadcrumb