Meditation instruction(donation only)

Nick E Rose, modified 8 Years ago at 1/27/16 10:35 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/27/16 10:24 PM

Meditation instruction(donation only)

A warm hello to everyone on this forum. My name is Nick and I am a zen monastic trained in the soto zen lineage. I am deeply passionate about practicing and sharing the dharma and am offering skype based meditation training to anyone who is interested. I do not charge but dana is welcomed.

If you are interested please view my website --> http://www.onedropzentraining.com/

Thank you kindly and please post any questions you might have.

All the best,
Nick
neko, modified 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 1:26 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 1:26 AM

RE: Meditation instruction(donation only)

Hello Nick, welcome to the forum!

can you tell us more about your practice? Why would someone choose you as a teacher? Do you use any map of enlightenment in your practice, such as the Theravada four-path model, bhumis, the four yogas of Mahamudra? If yes, is there a claim to attainment that you are willing to share here with us? Personally, I would like to read something along the lines of

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/MCTB+So+Who+the+Heck+is+Daniel+M.+Ingram/en

but I understand that each one has his own style emoticon
Nick E Rose, modified 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 11:59 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 11:58 AM

Thank you I'm really excited to engage on this forum. Let me anwser your questions one by one...

1. can you tell us more about your practice?

I have lived in a zen monastery for the last two years practicing in the Soto Zen Tradition.  In soto zen the practice centers around Shikantaza. Shikantaza means "Nothing but sitting and hitting the spot". In other words, it's just opening wholeheartedly to life as it. This is not an easy practice but if you "get it" it's the fastest way to transformation.

2. Why would someone choose you as a teacher?

Only the student knows how and why they choose a teacher. I can only make myself available to the possibility of students, I can't convince anyone.

3. Do you use any map of enlightenment in your practice?

I know they have it in some traditions but I don't believe there is such a thing as a "map to enlightenment" because the truth of who you really are is you. How could you possibly need a map to you, you're already it. What's more important than a map is a method designed to consistently move you through suffering toward a deeper truth.

4. Is there a claim to attainment that you are willing to share here with us?

If I tell you I have achieved this state or that state you have a choice to believe me or disbelieve me. I don't like putting myself in this situation because I don't want to create belief systems in you, it doesn't help. If you believe me it gets you no closer to truth, if you disbelieve me, it gets you no closer to truth. So let's not go down that road, let's apply method that delivers truth.  

neko, modified 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 12:14 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 12:14 PM

Thanks for answering the questions, Nick! "See" you around the forum emoticon

Breadcrumb