Intense whole body vibrations during sex

nothingherenow, modified 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 5:09 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 5:09 AM

Intense whole body vibrations during sex

Hello there !
I have been meditating for almost a year now. I mostly did Vipassana body scanning at first then noting, combined with a bit of metta and concentrstion. Also did some yoga.
Last night while having sex I started feeling subtle vibrations in my hands and feet. After a while they started growing in intensity and spreaded through my whole body and felt like energies were going up and down. It was very intense and pleasant and it lasted for about half an hour. The wired thing was that at some poit my hands felt trapped, I couldn't keep them straight and after that half an hour my hands and arms were shaking for about 5 minutes. 
I am curious to find out what this might have been and what's the meaning of my hands feeling semi-paralized, not being able to straighten them and the shaking in the ending.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 5:15 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 5:15 AM

RE: Intense whole body vibrations during sex

A&P: classic.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Watch for what inevitably comes next and act appropriately.

Congrats,

Daniel
nothingherenow, modified 8 Years ago at 1/30/16 2:05 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 4:39 PM

RE: Intense whole body vibrations during sex

Thank you very much Daniel, especially for writing MCTB, my first dharma book.

It happened again today under the same circumstances, only this time it was a bit more intense, and I felt some different energies as well randomly arising and passing mostly in the abdominal area. It felt a bit like I was being splashed with liquid and in the end my hands were not as trapped as last time. 
About 3 months ago I fell asleep observing sensations throughout my body and woke up in the middle of the night experiencing pretty much the same thing only slightly subtler.
Also, another experience that has kept repeating on the cusion for a month is the sensation that space/time starts spinning faster and faster around me, it used to be followed by some unpleasant sensations of fear/panic/anxiety but lately it has been just the spinning. 

By " watch for what inevitably comes after and act appropriately " you mean The Dark Night and by acting appropriately is there anything else I should consider?  other than just observing/noting the sensations that I experience. Oh, maybe I should re-read the Dark Night chapter from MCTB

Thank you

Christian

Breadcrumb