Any Actualism(actual freedom) for dummies guide, or simple version?

IAMTHAT That Ami, modified 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 11:40 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 11:40 AM

Any Actualism(actual freedom) for dummies guide, or simple version?

I havve an intuitive attraction and interst in actualism and have read quite a bit about it over the last 2 years, without ever really putting it deeply into practice. And yet, I have had some experiences that feel/seem to be similar to the PCE from other nonduality and self inquiry practices.

So here I am, looking to get back into studying it and putting it into practice and its such a big huge mess over at the website with wayyyy too uch to read, and not everything is so clear and the use of richard's language/terms and replies feel a bit like they are specificed with certain meaning without necessarily being universal in meaning and context.

So i realize for me it would be best to get a for dummies are completely distilled into a very basic and easy to understand format with as littlewords as possibe or straight to the point, or even better yet if I can talk to someone on the phone or skype about this so they can sort of point it out directly  in a sort of q & a guiding format, then that would be the most ideal.
Thanks guys.
Lots of love,I Am
John, modified 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 12:07 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 12:01 PM

RE: Any Actualism(actual freedom) for dummies guide, or simple version?

Hi I Am,

Some of the participants of the Actual Freedom Yahoo group have put together a wiki which may help.

- John
IAMTHAT That Ami, modified 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 3:02 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 2/26/16 3:02 PM

thanks...cecking out wiki now and will join the yahoo group to see if i an actually call or skype someone about this
Adam, modified 7 Years ago at 10/29/16 10:45 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/29/16 10:45 PM

Hi I AM THAT THAT AMI, 

If you still need someone to explain actualism in simple, easy to understand and apply terms, I'd be willing to have a chat.
IAMTHAT That Ami, modified 7 Years ago at 10/29/16 11:16 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/29/16 11:16 PM

Adam:
Hi I AM THAT THAT AMI, 

If you still need someone to explain actualism in simple, easy to understand and apply terms, I'd be willing to have a chat.

Would love this. I'm really turned off so far from the whole ordeal by joining the actualism yahoo groups and the flow/verbage/discussions are just useless to me as is the actualism website where I ended up spending days and countless hours from one page to another, to debates, to dramas, and so forth, but still never got a simple answer what its all about.

For example, Vipassana can be simplified as: One pointed concentration on nose (or stomach) for as long as possible, until you lock in and stabilize concentration.

Mantra can be simplified as: repetition of a phrase with one pointed concentration

And same deal with many others. This is doesnt seem to be the case with actualism. I mean I could say, "feel good and happy all day, and if you're not, return again to feeling good and happy." However to me this seems artificial and synthetic as I am the one doing something and trying to keep doing. Whereas being is natural and I dont have to do anything to be.
Adam, modified 7 Years ago at 10/30/16 12:09 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/30/16 12:06 AM

Ok, do you live in the U.S.?  I'd like to determine what method is best for us to conversate. We can talk on the phone if you live in U.S.  We can use whats app and talk on the phone if you live outside of the U.S.  or we can talk on Skype.  Which do you prefer?  I sent you a message so you can reply to me with your answer and we can speak privately.  
Srinath J, modified 2 Years ago at 2/7/22 9:23 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/7/22 9:21 PM

I know that this thread is pretty ancient by now, but for those who may find their way here, I've written a Dummies style primer to actualism and actual freedom which can be accessed here:

https://www.simpleactualism.com

Breadcrumb