I've just had sex with reality

thumbnail
Marek Mark, modified 8 Years ago at 3/13/16 1:40 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 3/13/16 1:40 PM

I've just had sex with reality

I've just had an amazing experience in meditation and I would like to undarstand what was that and what to do with it (should i try to achive it again or should i try to somehow notice its unsatisfactoriness and impermanence and forget about it).

Recently I was inspired by interview with Daniel Ingram, and in my practice i tried to observe sensations of I in different parts of my body. Today in my meditation I tried to just rest in my experience in this moment and be with reality as it is. It was maybe 50th minute of my sitting, when I got up to blow my nose. Then I decided to sat again for a couple of minutes more. Then I managed to really appreciate this present moment. I forgot past and future and i really sunk in experience of touching, feeling, hearing etc. Suddenly everything became very vibrant, intensive, pleasant and blissful. Colors and sounds became more rich. I felt like I have orgasm in every little part of my body. Every sensation was pleasing and just perfect as it is. Also I felt like I dissolved in reality, in space. There wasn't me who experienced anything anymore, there was just being of everything as it is in its pleasantness, wonderfulness and glory. Just feeling, just hearing, just seeing. It felt very good but was very different from chill of equanimity. I became part of constantly changing space but this change wasn't unsatisfactory. Experience was impermanent and started to fading away after the sitting. After an hour I'm still feeling some pleasantness in my body.

I think I experienced similar experience 6-7 years ago when I meditated alot. I'm not sure it was an A&P, because my body didn't vibrate much (I didn't feel vibrations in my whole body).

Could it be just a glimpse of 4th path experience?
Robert, modified 8 Years ago at 3/13/16 2:22 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 3/13/16 2:12 PM

RE: I've just had sex with reality

You say that the "experience" was impermanent.

So where did "Just feeling, just hearing, just seeing" go?

There is nothing you did to make this simplicity happen. Nothing really happened actually. That "nothing happening" is still all there is. Only the I-energy seemingly has come back with the possessive thoughts that go with it. But whose problem is it?
thumbnail
Marek Mark, modified 8 Years ago at 3/14/16 6:00 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 3/14/16 5:31 PM

Paweł K:
sounds like A&P
A&P is not required to have any vibratory stuff in it

Thanks for the opinion. Yes I think you are right.

Today I feel very calm and relaxed. Intensive, rapturous pleasure from yesterday is replaced by very calm, blissfull pleasure. I am not excited anymore, and excitement is seen as something unskillful, because it would interrupt this calmness.

My breath is very calm, quite deep and sloooow (until it start vibrate).

My concentration is effortless. It feels like my attention is heavy and it effortlessly sink into phenomena. It feels less dualistic.

As soon as i let my attention be with reality i start to feel vibarations. First in legs and arms and then in rest of the body. Also my breath vibrate (each in-breath and out-breath starts and stops many times).

Yesterday during described experience I was much more absorbed in physical sensations. Today mental images came back. The most visible are rapid images of my face. They appear in package with sensations in my chest (or sometimes throat).
thumbnail
Marek Mark, modified 8 Years ago at 3/14/16 5:42 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 3/14/16 5:42 PM

Robert:
You say that the "experience" was impermanent.

So where did "Just feeling, just hearing, just seeing" go?

There is nothing you did to make this simplicity happen. Nothing really happened actually. That "nothing happening" is still all there is. Only the I-energy seemingly has come back with the possessive thoughts that go with it. But whose problem is it?

As soon as I try to do something I start to feel tention in my head / spine / abdomen. If I just let things happen, it feels like a stream of energy (sensations) is just flowing unperturbedly. I see a self as something that wants to do (or change) something and disturb this clean flow of energy in result.
thumbnail
Stick Man, modified 7 Years ago at 6/6/16 7:39 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/6/16 7:39 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I wonder why it isn't called actually having sex with reality, instead of a fancy Pali or Sanskrit word ?
neko, modified 7 Years ago at 6/7/16 5:24 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/7/16 5:24 AM

Marek Mark:

Could it be just a glimpse of 4th path experience?

Definitely not 4th path. Definitely A&P. You know that "thinks it was enlightenment" is one of the criteria for A&P, right? emoticon
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 6/7/16 7:30 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/7/16 7:30 AM

me too but during a dream in a car.

Breadcrumb