bright blue light

thumbnail
Malcolm, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:12 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:11 PM

bright blue light

For the past 25 years I am occasionally visited by a small bright blue light appearing somewhere between and slightly above my eyebrows at an indeterminate distance.  This happens with or without my eyes being open and lasts for a second or two.  It is very bright like the experience of getting a laser pointer beam directly on the retina but not at all painful.  It almost invariably appears as if in response to what I was just contemplating like a kind of explanation point at the end of a sentence.  One time I was considering this light being the center of everyone's soul like single jewels in Indra's net and either I flew into the blue light or it expanded to universe size.  Every other time it is just the same size (about lentil size or half that?)

I know what the Siddha Yoga people say but I'm not sure I trust them. The only other mention I've found to a "blue star" was in a book by an Orthodox saint (St. Porphrios? title: "Wounded by Love")

I know about the Thervadan "nimitta" thing but I don't think this is really like that although I suppose it could be?

any ideas what this thing is?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:41 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:41 PM

RE: bright blue light

Is it possibly a biologiocal/vision issue? Why do you think it has some spiritual cause?
thumbnail
Malcolm, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:55 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 1:55 PM

I tend to think it's spiritually related because it's always seemingly in direct response to particularly spiritual topics arising in consciousness ...  if it were just a physical thing wouldn't it occur at random or in relation to physical exertion or rest or something ?
thumbnail
Noah, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 5:06 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 5:06 PM

Malcolm:

I know what the Siddha Yoga people say but I'm not sure I trust them. 

Yeah, my first thought was about a story in Muktananda's autobiography.  In what is basically his "4th path moment" with Bhagawan Nityananda, he receives a blue light/beam directly into his forehead.  Then he went on to give shaktipat/a&p to thousands worldwide, while secretly molesting teenage girls....  Who knows.
thumbnail
Malcolm, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 5:22 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 5:22 PM

you mean I too might get a chance to grope the ungraspable nature of "young cuties" ?  emoticon

p.s.

for what it's worth Muktananda's successor confirmed "my" blue light is "their" blue pearl.  Now I think of it the first time I ever saw it was when I was looking at a photo of Muktananda on the back of one of his books - so ya... who knows?
thumbnail
Noah, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 7:50 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 7:50 PM

Malcolm:

you mean I too might get a chance to grope the ungraspable nature of "young cuties" ?  emoticon

Lol, ew. 

you mean I too might get a chance to grope the ungraspable nature of "young cuties" ?  emoticon

Also ew @ Chidvilasanda, who is creepy in her own right.  Although its impressive that you were recognized personally by her!
thumbnail
Malcolm, modified 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 9:57 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 5/14/16 9:57 PM

Re: Chidvilisananda  <--- you do have to wonder why an enlightened being would also get a nose job!

that said I'm still left with this darn blue light that shows up .   It's funny for me to have read one Orthodox almost_a_saint (Seraphim Rose) specifically cite Muktananda's blue pearl as being of demonic origin while another Orthodox saint (Porphrios) describes an exact dead ringer of the blue pearl as including everything holy etc... 

I have never known what to make of this blue light so follow my own advice "if you have to guess, don't".