Advice for basic energy practices

John Doe, modified 7 Years ago at 6/12/16 3:02 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/12/16 2:56 PM

Advice for basic energy practices

So I've been doing concentration meditation, usually about 2x40 minutes, and lately up to 2x an hour per day, and I can't help but notice certain energy patterns occuring. I'm looking for someone to give me some advice/guidance and help me figure out which of the phenomena I'm experiencing are relevant and which are not. I don't have any insight attainments, though I've crossed the A&P and the dark night on a Goenka retreat. 

The problem was brought to my attention due to uncomfortable pressure in the forehead, accompanied with my eyes going up and the white being visible from between the iris and the lower eyelid, which made me look like a maniac. In addition, I had "clearer" and more intentional focus, but it felt very forced, not very useful, and it gave me a haughty attitude. I looked up the phenomenon on the internet, and found advice that said that I should meditate from the heart rather than the mind, do it sincerely, and feel like I don't have a head at all. Surprise-surprise, one day later the problem is mostly resolved. However the pressure still builds up when I study, which I need to do a lot due to upcoming exams. 

Also very likely to be relevant, I don't masturbate and since I don't have a girlfriend at the moment I'm currently celibate. I originally started doing it as part of the NoFap movement, where people are encouraged to not orgasm for months on end, but I didn't like the side effects (aggressive, emotional, mood swings, unnecesarily dominating, constantly edgy) so I'm currently doing a less extreme version where I masturbate once every 2 weeks just for the release. 

After reading a very basic website on the chakras and associated qualities, I noticed that they accurately match my rise of energy as I'm going through the 2 weeks of not masturbating: at the beginning I'm earthy and grounded, with bad self control, and strong cravings and aversions (base chakra). Few days later I get playful with girls, and my energy becomes sexual even if I'm holding a normal conversation and not trying to flirt or anything. Soon I notice that I'm much more confident and driven. Then creative, in an everything-is-possible mindset. After a while however, I get arrogant and disinterested in the world around me, and at this point I usually release and go through the cycle again. After releases my mind gets gets louder but more creative, I feel like my "normal", old self, I lose some willpower, I'm less "intense", but generally happier, friendlier, and more balanced for a few days. My concentration quality also seems to cycle with the releases. 

I also noticed that holding my attention at an energy center for a minute or so seems to bring about the associated qualities, though at this point I'm not sure if its placebo or not because I'm afraid to do it for longer. 

Could someone tell me more about basic energy practices, dangers, caveats, etc, and point me in the right direction for more resources on the subject, and perhaps tell me what to expect/not expect from such practices? I would very much like to avoid kundalini awakening and similar uncontrolled energy rises emoticon Also, is it possible to mitigate the negative side effects of not having orgasms and go without releases for longer by doing energy practices? Would that be beneficial?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 6/13/16 7:20 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/13/16 7:20 AM

RE: Advice for basic energy practices

Cultivate that what you can do the least amount of time. I can do only like 10 seconds before i forget what i am doing.

You can read scientific book and try to understand what there written, after some hours the mind doesn't accept what you do anymore and you need to use mighty willpower to use that concentration it feels painful but then you notice something new, just sheer willpower to overcome the weakness.

Overcoming urges, desires it is you need rocksolid decision, without any doubt.

There are always shorter, faster but more intense ways. You can sleep less in order to have some sleep deprivation in order to get into bad, heavy states easier with less effort.

Getting more powerful you can pull out energy with one effort. Just one word can cause AP and DN afterwards.

Yes it will take its own share from a body, sickenss is a normal thing, but use will power and wisdom to overcome. Even if you become angry you need to use willpower to overcome it, if you have urge to attack you need to use willpower and wisdom to overcome it.

Then again if you plan to have a school and career later(you keeping that in your mind), you not going to understand anyway what is written or meant in scriptures.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 7 Years ago at 6/14/16 6:02 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/14/16 6:00 AM

see if www.aypsite.org has anything for you.
John Doe, modified 7 Years ago at 6/15/16 6:31 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/15/16 6:31 AM

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! 
Pål, modified 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 3:19 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 3:19 AM

NoFap, I used to be into that but I lost motivation since I forgot how life felt when releasing now and then. Now it's the reverse, I don't have motivation to get back since I don't remember what it feels like being on a streak, how big a difference it makes. Read a study once that said that after 7 days of no orgasm testosterone peaks and then gets back to normal. 

As for energy practice: I'm currently experimenting with basic Golden Dawn theurgy. Maybe you could try the Middle Pillar, the LBRP and LIRP? That way you work the chakras from top to bottom and thus it's probably less likely to awaken the Kundalini by mistake while still working with powerfull cleansing and charging energy. 
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 6:51 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 6:51 AM

:-)
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 7:00 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 6/16/16 7:00 AM

Its you don't feel the devastating effects. Your body still good at rejunevalating faster than you notice the bad stuff. If you are a cultivator you start over again.
When you start getting irritable and angry its you know its ready to get it purified. If you fail you start over again. Good example of what is samsara and getting nowhere.

Its hard because body is rejunevalating fast, you won't cope with the speed. When you old you need to arose lust manually in order to meditate, you will make double effort to get to the same place where you are at default at younger age.

Breadcrumb