List your DhO site problems here

thumbnail
Simon Ekstrand, modified 7 Years ago at 7/28/16 3:31 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 7/28/16 3:31 PM

List your DhO site problems here

Hi,

From time to time I try to help Daniel out and fix problems with the DhO site. Life being what it is I'm sure there are a number of issue I am not aware of or have forgotten about.

If you are currently having a problem with the DhO (site) I would appreciate if you would post about it here in this thread and I'll see what I can do about fixing it.

One issue that I am currently aware of is that links to uploaded files are currently broken. I'm working on it as time permits but it's been a tough problem to fix.

Thanks,
Simon
Causes & Conditions, modified 7 Years ago at 7/28/16 11:39 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 7/28/16 11:39 PM

RE: List your DhO site problems here

Hey Simon,

I actually thought the site was down because it wouldn't load. This went on for a few weeks, until I cleared my history. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Jeff
thumbnail
Simon Ekstrand, modified 7 Years ago at 7/29/16 2:08 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 7/29/16 2:08 AM

Hi,

Ah, that's bad. That could very well be related to and fixed by the issue discussed here yesterday:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/5869888

Depending on certain circumstances the DhO root page could get stuck in a redirect loop which showed itself as the site just trying to load forever.

Simon
thumbnail
CJMacie, modified 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 4:02 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 3:59 AM

Strange goings-on here

Fr.07.Oct.2016 1:45 AM PDT

Looking to see what's new, find some recent activity shown in "Recent Posts" for:
Thread:
Open Heart Bhumi Model
"Started by"
Kim Katami666576
"Last Post"
Date: 10/6/16 8:25 PM
By: Marty G

Open that thread; go to the bottom expecting to find a post by "Marty G" -- not there, just a post by "Sid".
So, go back to the top and scan the index -- no "Marty G" to be seen.
Well it's in the middle of the night, so start all over again -- but same results.

Try one more angle: copy the string "Marty G" out of "Recent Posts", and search for it in the OH Bhumi thread -- nothing, nichts, nada, rien,...

What am I missing here?
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 10:25 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 10:25 AM

RE: Strange goings-on here

I'm guessing he changed the permisions for his post

Subscribe Me
Priority
[___________]
Allow Pingbacks
Permissions
Viewable by
[___________] More Options ยป

just a guess...cause when I look at the permissions i cant see anything wrong with it
Marty G, modified 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 5:21 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 10/7/16 5:20 PM

RE: Strange goings-on here

Hi Chris, I think I can solve that mystery. I read Kim's post and wrote a quick response off the cuff and saved it as a draft, thinking it may be a little bit too abrasive to be useful to anyone. Then taking a look again accidently hit published. Then noticing this, deleted it, since the next person who posted seemed to cover the spirit of what I had to say, in a more benign and humorous manner. I guess if you save to draft, then publish and later delete, your username will stay as if published.
Paul Atherton, modified 4 Years ago at 6/17/19 7:26 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 6/17/19 7:26 AM

Hi Simon

How do I change my ID on the message board? Paul
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 4 Years ago at 6/17/19 3:45 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 6/17/19 3:45 PM

Thanks for everyone who helps maintain this forum.
About issues with this site, I couldn't find any spell checker in the editor, or in the settings and etc. I don't know that the default editor has this option without extra work or plugin.., but it would be nice to have it, to prevent from mistakes while typing.
Thanks.

Breadcrumb