Obscure texts

realisation, modified 7 Years ago at 11/1/16 9:35 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/1/16 9:35 PM

Obscure texts

Hey there folks, lurker here.

I am on a real reading spree recently and I thought I'd query the community for suggestions of obscure texts from practice texts to holy texts that I can add to my quickly diminishing reading list. 

Examples can be like Gurdjieff's 82 rules; Niestche's Beyond Good and Evil, the Gospel of Thomas or Judas and any other text that is substantial but not precisely popular.

Thanks!!
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 7 Years ago at 11/2/16 11:24 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/2/16 11:24 PM

RE: Obscure texts

I like the Bijak of Kabir, personally, with .pdf available on line if you google it.

Other fun stuff that is pretty obscure: if you haven't read the Vinaya, it is definitely worth it. Not easy to find but explains a lot.

If you haven't read the Vimuttimagga, always a good time.

Any of that the a sort of thing you were looking for?

Daniel
Elantra, modified 7 Years ago at 11/4/16 8:36 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/4/16 8:36 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
I like the Bijak of Kabir, personally, with .pdf available on line if you google it.

Other fun stuff that is pretty obscure: if you haven't read the Vinaya, it is definitely worth it. Not easy to find but explains a lot.

If you haven't read the Vimuttimagga, always a good time.

Any of that the a sort of thing you were looking for?

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
What is your opinion on dzogchen tantras like for example The supreme source ?
Pål R, modified 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 3:18 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 3:18 AM

Corpus Hermeticum (my favourite is Poimandres), the Bible, "Treatise on the Reintegration of Beings" by Martinez de Pasqually (please PM me if you liked it), the Gospel of Truth, Hymn of the Pearl, "the Cloud upon the Sanctuary" by Karl von Eckartshausen, "the Alchemical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz", anything by Jakob Böhme, Louis Claude de Saint-Martin and Julius Evola, Daodejing, "De occulta philosophia" by HC Agrippa. I could probably continue. 
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 4:30 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 4:30 AM

Haven't read that one, but Clarifying the Natural State is top notch and one of the very best dharma books I have read on that end of things.
thumbnail
Stick Man, modified 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 5:11 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/6/16 5:05 AM

Go to a print shop and get them to make you a stamp that says "this is a manifestation of the divine"
Then, before reading anything, whack the stamp on it. Do that on every page as you turn it. This way all books become holy books regardless of what your mind or culture tells you.
(The Man at the library may not like this, but who said the pilgrim's path was easy?)