Some questions on nanas and jhanas

Andreas Thef, modified 7 Years ago at 11/10/16 1:02 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 11/10/16 12:51 PM

Some questions on nanas and jhanas

Hello everyone,

in recent weeks I have thought and read a lot about the nanas and have some questions accumulated that I would like to ask you.

1. How are the Nanas one goes through in meditation and the one(s) that one experiences in daily life connected?
From reading Daniel's book I got the impression that there may be some prevalent nana topic playing out in daily life over a longer period of time no matter where one finds himself/herself in meditation. Is that correct? If so, how are these connected?

2. How is the door of fruition related to succeeding changes in perception. To illustrate my question here is an example: Would a meditator who entered through the door of unsatisfactoriness for example be better at recognizing suffering factors in daily life and be better able to deal with them. Whereas someone who went through the door óf not-self might feel a deeper sense of connection? Does every fruition one goes through strengthen this ability?

3. What are the down/upsides of accessing jhanas willingly? So for example if I access the jhanas willingly how does that change subsequent investigation of phenomena compared to accessing them naturally?

4. What are the down/upsides of accessing nanas willingly vs accessing the in a natrual process?

Thanks for your help.

Breadcrumb