Message Boards Message Boards

Miscellaneous

Interview with a vampire errr. I mean Excorsist

Toggle
I just read this interview about excorsism.  the interviewee was genuinely intelligent and obviously had a very inclusive perspective.

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/catholic/interview-with-an-exorcist.aspx

there were so many interesting facets to the conversation and his answers it spawned lots of ideas.

I have had a couple of experiences with what I would call demons (not personal psychological challenges) but the olde biblical type.  anyone else have such experiences?  care to share them here?

cheers all

RE: Interview with a vampire errr. I mean Excorsist
Answer
8/29/16 5:24 AM as a reply to tom moylan.
Hi Tom,

Don't have time to read the whole article now but I have had many experiences with demons.

Btw. About spirit possession. I recently saw a couple of YouTube-documentaries of the trance mediums, or oracles of the Tibetan Gelugpa school. There a lot info there to give some context to the way how Christians explain this.

So yeah, I've had... maybe 50 encounters with various sorts of demons over the last decade. Some came for help, some came to harm. Yeah, good advices come to need in those circumstances. They can totally screw up your energy system, especially if they keep coming on several days in a row. The good news is that the harm is not permanent while the bad news is that they'll probably come back. I suppose a buddha doesn't have this problem because there is no friction. Over the years, these encounters have gone through a great change as my mind has changed. Last encounter I had was 1-2 months ago. I got a mild headache, and took a painkiller and that was it. Before it used to be a lot worse. My grounding would get poor for days, I was very scared when they'd come back, legs and arms shaking... really afraid. Vipashyana, realising the empty nature of my self and fear was the changing factor. Also, recognition of rigpa is very helpful in this regard.

As (external) dharma palas are demonds converted to dharma, I've had a bout with them as well, as told here. Power- and aggression-wise dharma palas were the worst. Once dzogchen dharma palas, not the same ones, also came in peace to request something from me. They asked me not to use the term "dzogchen" when I teach dzogchen. They felt that when a guy separate from the tradition teaches it all openly, without secrecy, it might interfere with the karmic path of those who follow the orthodox dzogchen traditions. I said it was fine but since I've changed my mind. (However, I do make it clear that my work has nothing to do with traditional lineages or teachers of dzogchen). Anyway.

Interestingly, I have talked about migraine symptoms to a couple of persons who have diagnoses. How they both described it, is precisely how I have felt when being under attack or in close proximity of demons. At first you feel this nasty powerful energy in your body before there appears, like a piece of broken mirror in movement, in the corner of your eye. This comes with a nasty headache. I'm actually planning to make a video tutorial to YouTube in very simple and secular terms what to do then, not mentionding about demons or anything like that. There are many people who suffer of this.

As I said, when meeting demons, in my exp it varies how you mee tthem depending on your meditation practice. If there is no fear or self, they float through and that's it. For a long time I was really scared of them, this was always my biggest fear so it's not a surprise that this fear attracted/facilitated these encounters. Duh... But is has been very educative. For a few years I got paralyzed, when it happened. Then for a couple of years, I learned to hold my ground, use my own power, not against them but to hold my ground. I did thi by shouting mantras. For the last 1½ years I haven't needed to do anything, they float through and I only get a mild headache. I think the midl heldache also passes on higher bhumis. Once, early this year, on three consecutive days there were three separate demons who came by (one one the first day, two on the second and another two on third) just to ponder why I didn't get scared of them. Apparently, people's energy always gets nervous when they come by.

Answer
8/29/16 6:25 AM as a reply to Kim Katami.
howdy kim,
thanks for the reply.  my experiences with "demons" are few, two to be precise.  to be specific, these "encounters" were with intelligent, disembodied, humanlike beings.  once was during meditation and once was during an episode of sleep paralysis.

the sleep paralysis episode was much clearer and much more obviously "real".  in your response you mentionend 'movement in the corner of your eye'.  my SP experience was closer to the ancient succubis type of visit.  it began with a sexual aspect which became a much more mentally invasive event as I arose through the sleeping waking hypnogogic layers.  i awoke, unable to move, but noted a presence.  i was able to move my internal eye past the usual peripheral boundaries, where i saw a classic glowing sharp-chinned face with high bat-type ears, which was watching me intently back.

it was definitely up to no good but my response, was to 'move' toward it with an aggressive curiosity rather than to submit to fear.  after several seconds if 'fled'.  i was blown away with the reality of it and began researching it immediately.  i found pictures on the net which went back centuries.  it was an incredible experience.

i'm not sure how you are using the term "demoons".  you comingle them with physical symptoms like headaches etc.  am I misreading this or do you care to expand a bit on how you would define a "demon"?

thanks

Answer
8/29/16 7:02 AM as a reply to tom moylan.
There are many kinds of beings flying around in the same energetic space what our mind is. And the human mind is a vast range of many dimensions. Not all of these beings are malefic, have bad intentions. In fact, such beings who wish to hurt others, i.e. demons, are few among all of them. Just like it is among humans, most are goodwilled or harmless, don't want to cause trouble. Many times I've had small and large grups of subtle beings, people who died, come to me to ask spiritual help and blessings. They had good intentions and it can be felt, there is no hidden agenda.

Descriptions of sleep paralysis are often pretty much the same. Not being able to move, choking, something/someone bad sitting on the chest. I was once told this by a friend in a zen monastery who did a solo retreat in a cabin up the mountain. I never had this exp myself.

I remember when I was a boy and going to sleep, laying on my bed, I often used to see many sorts of beings fly around in the mind space. I could all these beings against the bacl background. Some of them tried to make me scared but for some reason I wasn't afraid of them at that time. And these were not productions of my own mind, these were other beings. Sometimes children wake up in the middle of the night crying and are scared. It could be that they get scared of these kind of beings. For sure, there are many of malefic beings flying around every where, just like there are other people, animals, insects and plants.

Answer
8/29/16 3:50 PM as a reply to tom moylan.
I have never seen reference to a correlation between demonic possession and OOB experiences of the incubus/succubus variety. I had a clear experience of the "old hag" attack, with sleep paralysis, some 40 years ago. At the time I had utterly no knowledge of the historical tradition; that came much later. As the spontaneous paralysis/OOB experience occurred very occasionally over the years, it became less fearsome and more interesting, to the point where I could sometimes go with the flow and experience a degree of lucidity while separating from the body. There have been times when I felt the presence of undfriendlies hanging about in that situation, but not to the point of danger.

However, a few weeks ago I felt the presence of what I thought was a very powerful satan-like entity trying to pull me out of my body. There was extreme fear, but I shook myself awake and the fear vanished immediately. I concluded that the fearsome aspect was something projected from my unconscious, which is not so unusual in my recent dream experiences.

As a lifelong insomniac, my experience is that paralysis/OOB usually happens after a period of sleep deprivation. It seems that the transition from waking to sleeping is so abrupt and lucid that it has a shocking, helpless quality. It is certainly possible to drop the fear and have a neutral or even exciting experience, but there are no guarantees as long as I have "stuff" still lurking beneath the surface. My theory is that the phenomenon has a physical basis but with a psychological component, very much like the set-and-setting paradigm associated with psychedelic substances.

Answer
8/30/16 2:00 PM as a reply to Ward Law.
howdy wardlaw,
i can't cite any references but had read somewhere that the common point between a lucid dream, an out of body experience and sleep paralysis is the hypnagogic state.  most people slip throught this transition point into sleep.  people less liable to sleep (myself  included) probably spend a more extended period in that transition.  i am just supposing here but it makes sense to me that if one has particular tendencies  like fear, or curiosity or is bent on clarity that these could sway the direction one takes and the experience that one has.

i've never had the classic old hag but have friends who have.  i have played with lucid dreaming and slep yoga with some success and although spontaneous, my sleep paralysis experience seems pretty classic in some regards, point eared demons included.

cheers

tom

Answer
9/1/16 9:21 AM as a reply to tom moylan.
Mind has regressed to no dharma age and acts like a demon, begs to do evil deeds. I have no idea where my mind right now is, so i may promoting false dharma.

Imho the interview is on a muppet level achievement.

Answer
9/4/16 2:07 PM as a reply to tom moylan.
You mean Interview with THE Vampire is the name of it.  LOL, classic case of the Mandela Effect.  (Mandela Effect is the name for a phenomenon where a fairly large group of people remember parts of an alternate reality that had various things like the movie was called Interview with A Vampire (not The), there was a large land mass called the arctic continent,  the character Dolly in the movie Moonraker had Braces, and Australia was way off by itself South in the ocean instead of tickling Papua New Guinea's underside). 

Answer
9/4/16 11:59 PM as a reply to Eva Nie.
Eva NieYou mean Interview with THE Vampire is the name of it.  LOL, classic case of the Mandela Effect.  (Mandela Effect is the name for a phenomenon where a fairly large group of people remember parts of an alternate reality that had various things like the movie was called Interview with A Vampire (not The), there was a large land mass called the arctic continent,  the character Dolly in the movie Moonraker had Braces, and Australia was way off by itself South in the ocean instead of tickling Papua New Guinea's underside). 
This is funny, I had not heard of the Mandela Effect, but crazy as it sounds , I have in my memory Berenstein Bears, but, it seems it is Berenstain.... weird, Mandela effect described in link below.  

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/

​​​​​​​
Psi

Answer
9/5/16 12:39 AM as a reply to Psi.
While snopes is a good general indicator of mainstream thought, I wouldn't exactly rely on them for openminded inquiry on the nature of reality. ;-P  Many Mandela Efffects are spelling alterations or people thought to  have died but didn't, but a good number of them are very specific and not easily dismissed like specific alternate endings to movies or cartoons, or famous things that would be hard to forget like the fate of the guy who stood in front of the tanks at Tiananmen square. Or song lyics like Prince's song, "Dearly beloved we are gathered here to _______ this thing called life."  (fill in blank)  Or history like the the famous SETI 'WOW' signal and what it turned out to be.  For martial artists, what is the location of the human kidneys and heart and liver?  (must be all from memory, obviously google can only give official reality info, the goal is to see if memory matches official reality or not)

Answer
9/5/16 5:34 AM as a reply to Eva Nie.
snopes is a fat lady with a cat and a bagfull of her own opinions and prejudices..not that it can't be amusing but i wouldn't want to carry around the grain of salt big enough to be taken with her opinions.

politically correct disclaimer:  there is nothing wrong with cats or fat ladies.

Answer
9/5/16 9:29 AM as a reply to tom moylan.
Eva and Tom, 

Yes, I understand.  I was not trying to insinuate, by linking Snopes, that the Mandela Effect is a debunked urban legend or anything.  I just googled "Mandela Effect", cuz I had never encountered the concept, and was shocked to see Berenstein Bears spelled as Berenstain Bears !!  Which was my main reason for the link.

Interestingly enough, this "thing" we label reality, and from experiences I seem to have had in the past, and sometimes , perhaps, memories seemingly from the future, among other mental phenomenon, does not exactly jibe with the consensus reality.

There does seem to be enough "smoke" to raise questions about the nature of what is termed reality.  And where there is smoke, there is fire. 

Currently, I am not under the impression that Time, whatever that is, flows in only one direction, and neither along some man made two dimensional line.  

But, rather, Infinite in all directions, so to speak, perhaps even Infinite Replays, with Change.

It would be interesting to see if Berenstain flipped back to Berenstein, though, perhaps no one would believe it was ever different anyway....  emoticon

"It's not over til' the Cat Lady sings..."  lol

Psi

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/4kuqbl/prince_lets_go_crazy_lyrics_have_changed/

Answer
9/5/16 11:15 AM as a reply to Psi.
People have gotten a bit freaked because the effects run all the way to internal anatomy and skeletal structure and placement of countries and states. As for flipflops, there have been at least 4 flipflops when something changes and changes back again while we all watch, several spellings ones and a movie line.  This in the last few months only.  Anyway, kinda weird , but I guess people here are more equiped to handle the concept without freaking out.  SOme of the people that have the alternate memories had a more rigid concepts of reality so it was hard on them and they had to either decide they were insane or alter their concepts of reality. ;-P
-Eva

Answer
9/5/16 3:19 PM as a reply to Eva Nie.
Some physicists say that parallel universes really exist. If that is so, it's not unreasonable to expect that some of us might occasionally relocate to a closely aligned universe, and that this could occur almost imperceptibly. This is especially reasonable if you accept the postulate that consciousness is a multidimensional tuner capable of shifting frequencies. Another fascinating idea is that the past is fluid, not fixed, and it sometimes must be revised in order to repair an apparent violation in the stream of causality. An extension of this idea is that there are multiple pasts that converge on the present in order to satisfy everyone's version of reality. This would be especially evident when an event causes a major impact on mass consciousness.

Answer
9/5/16 4:10 PM as a reply to Ward Law.
Yeah it makes a kind of sense, if reality is to respond quickly to a change in mind set, then it would almost have to change history going backwards to, as you said, preserve the illusion of cause and effect. But it's one thing to consider that as a likely possible thing and another to get it shoved in your face as happening all around.  Sheesh!  Also I think the more I accept it, the more observant I become about it happening.  Like anything, strong emotional beliefs can block accurate perception.  The fact that Mandela Effect is going a bit mainstream is also interesting, these concepts seem to be opening up more peoples' way of thinking.  Although the idea that either CERN screwed up something or that it's a secret govt gaslighting conspiracy to make a bunch of us feel crazy are still popular theories as well!  But now there is an active group of people watchign for reality inconsistancies.  ANother interesting thing is for some of the Mandela Effects, approx half the population seems to remember the alternate way.  It's pretty easy to just ask people if they remember some little detail the are usually happy to help a person out trying to remember.  No need to actually tell everyone one is checking for alternate realities LOL!   ;-P
-Eva