Central Channel Opening? Rudra Granthi?

KundaliniLinguini, modified 7 Years ago at 12/28/16 5:17 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 12/28/16 4:37 PM

Central Channel Opening? Rudra Granthi?

I've had strange head sensations for 2 years since I attended a 10 day Buddhist meditation retreat.

As I have learned to relax and stay calm with these sensations, I have gained many insights into my life and how to live and be more loving and compassionate and calm.

The whole time I have felt that whatever this external force is that is making the sensations has been converging on and dissolving the sense of self which is located in the back of the head behind the eyes.

Now that I am getting really good at relaxing with this, the sensations seem to be converging around what appears to be the central channel. As they get closer and closer with more relaxation, this intense pain comes up.

The pain is one of intense itching and stinging such as if a bad cough or sore throat is about to happen. As I try not to react to the sensation, my eyes water. There is a feeling that I will either cough, sneeze, puke, choke, stop breathing, drown or die. It is all in the back of the head/throat/chest in a vertical line. It is as if the sense of self is a numbness in this area, protecting me from this horrible feeling which may always be there. Eventually I give in to the compulsion and have a coughing fit, and the sensations go away as the familiar numbness returns.

I have never heard this described in any of the traditions. Is there a name for it?

Thanks for the advice.
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 12/29/16 4:55 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 12/29/16 4:51 PM

RE: Central Channel Opening? Rudra Granthi?

i wrote yesterday a post but deleted, just now happened it again. 40 seconds back discovered something thrilling and it triggered taht sensation. Felt pain in left eye and watering, also nose and that sandpaper or creepy sensation on the palate.

Yesterday wrote it were on right eye. Well i also had that sensation on yesterday. Lol and yesterday was too shy or scared to talk about myself..
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 1/4/17 9:21 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/4/17 9:18 AM

few moments back happened again, but saw the cause too. Its internal breath what goes up and down in throat this time, i looked into it and then it caused a stingy sensation to induce me to caught, and if i remember correctly then left right(i looked myself from the different side so if i look out from the eye then its right side..)eye water.....details doesn't matter anyway, what side.
thumbnail
Malte, modified 7 Years ago at 1/5/17 6:13 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/5/17 6:13 AM

This is not precisely what you were asking for, but it came to mind as something that might be a bit helpful. I read this yesterday in a short text passage by Mahasi Sayadaw. I include both the excerpt and a link to the full text.

"As you progress in mindfulness you may experience sensations of intense pain: stifling or choking sensations, such as pain from the slash of a knife, the thrust of a sharp-pointed instrument, unpleasant sensations of being pricked by sharp needles, or of small insects crawling over the body. You might experience sensations of itching, biting, intense cold. As soon as you discontinue the contemplation you may also feel that these painful sensations cease. When you resume contemplation you will have them again as soon as you gain in mindfulness. These painful sensations are not to be considered as something wrong. They are not manifestations of disease but are common factors always present in the body and are usually obscured when the mind is normally occupied with more conspicuous objects. When the mental faculties become keener you are more aware of these sensations. With the continued development of contemplation the time will come when you can overcome them and they will cease altogether. If you continue contemplation, firm in purpose, you will not come to any harm. Should you lose courage, become irresolute in contemplation and discontinue for some time, you may encounter these unpleasant sensations again and again as your contemplation proceeds. If you continue with determination you will most likely overcome these painful sensations and may never again experience them in the course of contemplation."

Let me know if this helps you.

I have no personal experience what so ever of your particular experiences. From what I've read in for example Ingrams MCTB and Culadasas The Mind Illuminated the things that you are describing sounds like things that might come up when advancing spriritually.

What do you think of this?

The link to the quoted text above is:
http://www.buddhanet.net/m_part1.htm
KundaliniLinguini, modified 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 8:24 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 8:24 AM

That is really good. Thank you.

Breadcrumb