What is this amazing experience?

KundaliniLinguini, modified 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 8:35 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 8:33 AM

What is this amazing experience?

Very rarely, my awareness seems to follow this inner path which leads to the center of the chest. When it goes in deep enough, I experience an extremely bright flash of white light along with feelings of love, resolution, honor, sacredness, homecoming along with instantaneous clearing and opening of all energy channels. What is this and how do I make it happen more often and abide there??? I would be lying if I said that experiencing this were not my deepest, truest longing and the primary aim of my practice. I know if I were able to tap into this on demand I could make others happy with the joy I would be able to feel and spread. My deepest longing is to be happy so that I can make others happy, and this seems like the key. If a teacher would show me how to do this, I would be his disciple and be devoted to him or her.
neko, modified 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 12:04 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/7/17 12:02 PM

RE: What is this amazing experience?

KundaliniLinguini:
Very rarely, my awareness seems to follow this inner path which leads to the center of the chest. When it goes in deep enough, I experience an extremely bright flash of white light along with feelings of love, resolution, honor, sacredness, homecoming along with instantaneous clearing and opening of all energy channels. What is this

A&P or 1st/2nd jhana, depending on how you get there and some specifics.

KundaliniLinguini:
and how do I make it happen more often and abide there???

Jhana practice.

KundaliniLinguini:
I would be lying if I said that experiencing this were not my deepest, truest longing and the primary aim of my practice.

Then practice the jhanas! Just remember that concentration states are transitory states, which need to be renewed and kept alive frequently for them to work.
shargrol, modified 7 Years ago at 1/8/17 10:08 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/8/17 6:16 AM

If you want a practice that focuses on cultivating that, you could look into Mario Martinez' "Mind-Body Code". He is a basically a meditator and psychologist and advocate for a practice that blends both approaches.  Basically it involves cultivating a "healing field" of  honor, loyality, or commitment, which has a way of neutralizing the scars of shame, betrayal, and abandonment in our psyche. Then you are able to be in the presence of those wounds in other people, without it triggering a reactive pattern in your own mind, so that you can actually be of service to them.

Check out this link to see if you're interested:

http://www.soundstrue.com/store/weeklywisdom/?page=single&category=IATE&episode=10111

He has a variety of additional stuff online that you can find by searching. 

I used this therapeutic approach (self-taught) as a compliment to my basic meditation practice. 

Best wishes!
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 7 Years ago at 1/9/17 11:16 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/9/17 11:15 AM

yeah..i would gues A&P too.  its a blast.  do it much more it will be less of a blast then normal, after that just a bump which lets you know that your intention to stick to singular concentration is flagging a bit but with a bit more pointed focus you will land in equanimity which is far more preferrable.

do that long enough and all will settle down like atoms at zero kelvin.

you will probably get a fruition if you can let go of all of that desiring though.

Breadcrumb