I can channel some kind of energy at will?

Ryan Stone, modified 7 Years ago at 1/12/17 4:41 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/12/17 4:39 PM

I can channel some kind of energy at will?

Disclaimer: I'm very new to Buddhist ideology, and I've just really recently become interested in it and its implications. 

Without meditating, I can induce a weirdly intense tingly feeling in my body at will. I can't sustain it for a long time because it becomes increasingly intense. It feels like a constant buzz of energy and it seems like my body can't handle it for more than a period of time. I did a bit of research and it fits all the descriptions of Kundalini energy.

I've never really been a religious or spiritual man, and I find this really fascinating. I want to learn what it means and how I can harness it and how I can direct it. I've read a lot of accounts of the spiritual merits of meditation, and it seems like a layer beyond the physical realm, which I've never been aware of, but which I'm becoming more and more interested in pursuing. What does this mean and how can I progress?

Edit: I chanced upon this Reddit thread which kickstarted my interest in figuring out what everything really means.
neko, modified 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 5:10 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 5:10 AM

RE: I can channel some kind of energy at will?

Hello! Welcome tot his forum emoticon

Strictly speaking, it isn't any kind of energy, at least not in the current scientific sense of the word. It is a neurological phenomenon. It is a universal phenomenon that is known to every single "spiritual" tradition by different names. For example prana, qi, kundalini, and so on.

In Buddhist meditation terminology, it is one form of piti:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%ABti

I suggest that you read MCTB, available for free download here:

http://integrateddaniel.info/book/
Ryan Stone, modified 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 5:45 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 5:45 AM

Thanks for the response. I'll definitely check out the book you suggested! emoticon 
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 7:20 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/14/17 7:15 AM

You want to get rid of that feeling that you don't know what it means?
You want to have a flower starting to blossom feeling that you finally know what it is?
You feel like there is some sort of thing in there what needs to be opened up?

The guess is you just want to get laid but not ordinary way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_qwUS8Uqjg
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 1/15/17 7:16 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/15/17 7:08 AM

Its likely asmr. - autonomous sensory meridian response. Like it is suggested for you in reddit.

You do something and you get sensory response.

----
I would investigate waht are you doing. Likely it is the way you are, you naturally cultivate some feeling and then can release it. Like a fart.

----
Since the last time you were interested in it 2 years back. Well take that into account. Also you don't have changed much or investigated it all, comparing your thoughts you wrote then and now.

----
So you should start walking the talk and start investigate it.

---
My ace guess is that you needed that little sensation what comes from writing it down and getting a response from others(silence is also response from that group or type of sensations) - It also points towards asmr.
Eva Nie, modified 7 Years ago at 1/18/17 11:59 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/18/17 11:59 PM

Something to consider, ASMR is word for a sensation often (but not always) triggered by certain stimuli in certain people.  But they know close to nothing about it beyond that, so in many ways, it's just an empty label.  If something is ASMR, you still don't know much about it other than how it feels. 
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 1/19/17 5:09 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/19/17 5:09 AM

replace it with a word synesthesia.

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia; from the Ancient Greekσύνsyn, "together", and αἴσθησιςaisthēsis, "sensation") is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.

Breadcrumb