Energy Build Up at End Points

C P M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/19/17 6:27 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/19/17 6:26 PM

Energy Build Up at End Points

This has been occurring for almost two years now. Usually coinciding with upping my meditation sessions to more than once a day. It may happen once a week or so, maybe more often.

This is what triggers it. I’ll have a flash of an idea or insight, or even have the sense that there is something very profound and important that is about to be revealed. Sometimes I’ll hear some dharma phrase from a YouTube video that triggers it.

What happens then is a buildup of tension, or charge it seems, or pressure somewhere between the temples in my brain. This is the first endpoint. It sometimes builds and then stops there and dissipates. However, if it continues to build, the next location I feel a similar sensation is in my perineum. It can then stop there and dissipate, but if it continues, after another fraction of a second, the next two endpoints are the centers of palms of my hands. And then the last endpoints are the centers of soles of my feet.

If it continues to all endpoints, it feels somewhat like a hose getting pressurized, or electric current hitting wires and moving the wire by virtue of the current.

It catches me by surprise, it feels intense and builds very strongly and quickly. I have some control over it since I usually stop it when it feels like it is building too much, but sometimes I go with it a bit.

Sometimes, after I stop it, I wonder what that is, and given the memory of the sensation, I can trigger it again. But if I do that a couple of times, I develop a bit of a headache.

I’m wondering if anybody else experiences this sort of thing or have any thoughts about what it is.
Banned For waht?, modified 7 Years ago at 2/20/17 6:47 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/20/17 6:47 AM

RE: Energy Build Up at End Points

Reward center got triggered, chemical released.

You can think that when the tension is on tempels, its a place where bull have horns, so you might have seen red, red is first chakra, intimidating, bedroom, sensuality.

The chemical is more like water, mixed with food, blood, salts etc. Eventually come out of body through a hole.

You can learn to control and not act upon these urges when these urges are still young and discover what was before when you weren't so dirty or immoral and find these ways and get the same relase but wholesome eventually not get triggered in a dirty way.

There is a reason to go celibate,ascetism, pranayama, bhramacharya etc means more opportunities to grow, because you absorb urges while refusing to act upon them you see them what they are and gain mindfulness.
And it is not the ascetism what buddha denies, but the veda and mahabharata time ascetism, bhramacharya, its a real deal.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 7 Years ago at 2/28/17 9:53 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/28/17 9:53 AM

Interesting stuff! No idea what it is though. Some questions:

1. Do the sensations of pressure in the middle of the brain feel like a very fast strobing of energy?
2. Can you guide the sensations of pressure in the middle of the brain all the way to the center of the forehead? If you do so for a prolongued ammount of time (1-2h), will this pressure ever release in a flash, which is immediatelly followed by a burst of energy in the middle of the chest (slightly inwards)?
3. Can you guide other energies in your lower-body (e.g. anxiety) to flow down through the bottom of the spine, where they may be released by a similar process as above, but rather disappear instead of bursting in the chest... ?
4. Can you feel the pathway between the bottom of the spine / perineum and the middle of the head / forehead / crown chakra?
C P M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/28/17 7:43 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/28/17 7:43 PM

Hi Bruno

Thanks for your interest, I'll answer inline.

1. Do the sensations of pressure in the middle of the brain feel like a very fast strobing of energy?

- it isn't strobing, just a very fast continuous ramp up within a few seconds.

2. Can you guide the sensations of pressure in the middle of the brain all the way to the center of the forehead? If you do so for a prolongued ammount of time (1-2h), will this pressure ever release in a flash, which is immediatelly followed by a burst of energy in the middle of the chest (slightly inwards)?

- The original energy build up is between the temples, but close to the front of the forehead, it doesn't change location, just intensifies.

3. Can you guide other energies in your lower-body (e.g. anxiety) to flow down through the bottom of the spine, where they may be released by a similar process as above, but rather disappear instead of bursting in the chest... ?

- I would say a qualified yes to this one.  Over the past 6 months or so, sometimes when I meditate I feel pressure, a little discomfort in my head, so I find that I can consciously diffuse this.  The cue I think of is opening and expanding the energy to outside of my head, as well as dropping it down through my body.  I have the sense that I am "manipulating energy" even though years ago I would have thought this as woo woo, but here I am, now experiencing it directly.  I don't feel the energy in channels, it's more generalized.

That's a very interesting idea about using this technique with other energies, like anxiety.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'm definitely going to try that.

4. Can you feel the pathway between the bottom of the spine / perineum and the middle of the head / forehead / crown chakra?

- I don't feel the pathways connecting the end points, but I have the sense that they are connected.  Maybe just because of the sequencing, from head, to perineum, to hands, to feet, over the course of a few seconds.  

Decades ago, I did have one experience of energy rushing up through my spine (starting at about the mid back), into my brain.  This led to a prolonged and painful dark night with anxiety attacks etc.  I'm well past that difficult period now.  I do think there is some relationship to this original Kundalini event and this other end point build up, but I'm not sure.  
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 7 Years ago at 3/1/17 3:36 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 3/1/17 3:28 AM

I had a similar kundalini awakening starting at the base of the spine. Quite intense.

Ok one more. Try this: close your eyes and focus on the middle of the forehead. Now rotate your eyes upward and to the center (left eye up and right, right eye up and left), as if they were looking into the middle of the forhead.

After doing this for some time (for me it's immediate), do your eyes begin to pulse / strobe / flicker, as in REM sleep? Here is a youtube video of me doing this: link.

If that does happen, what happens if you focus on this strobe for a long time (say 1h). Do you ever get an energy release in a flash etc as I described above?

Also, what do you find if you try to trace the flickering back to its origin?
C P M, modified 7 Years ago at 3/1/17 7:58 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 3/1/17 7:56 PM

This morning after reading your post and watching your video, I gave it a try halfway through my morning mediation session. Immediately I felt my eyes oscillating and then some pressure in the temples. I tried it a couple of times only for a brief period of about 30 seconds. I did briefly follow the flickering to its origin, but I didn’t feel the charge up in middle of the forehead.

My plan is to gently experiment with this, and also, the next time the spontaneous charge up happens, I’ll try the technique immediately after the charge down to see if I can connect to the middle of the forehead.

I few of things come to mind having tried this.

• Over the last couple of months, when going to bed, lights are out, I have felt a similar pulsing in my eyes.  After focusing on the sensation, I determined that it was the muscles around my eyes firing and relaxing fairly quickly. In this case I was looking straight ahead without looking towards the third eye area.
  • I sometimes get a visual flicker with the eyes open when my concentration gets very good.  This flickering can persist outside of a meditation session.  At first I thought I must be picking up the frequency of artificial lighting, but it still happened with regular daylight.
  • I have a lower back injury, and a relief posture is supporting my weight with my arms and letting my legs hang in the air for about a minute – for example using a park bench or the corner of a cupboard to support my weight.  Sometimes when I do this I get very intense visual flickering. I’d estimate at about 6 Hz. 
Joe, modified 7 Years ago at 3/2/17 3:53 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 3/2/17 3:53 PM

Bruno Loff:
After doing this for some time (for me it's immediate), do your eyes begin to pulse / strobe / flicker, as in REM sleep? 
Woah thats weird. My eyes start vibrating, it starts to get flickery and some pretty ubiquitous tensions in my head start to dissolve or move - does everyone get this or only meditators? Any idea whats going on here?
Causes & Conditions, modified 7 Years ago at 3/2/17 4:30 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 3/2/17 4:30 PM

Something very similar happened to me. Energy would build at my head or my throat or my chest. I stopped meditating for a bit and it quieted down.

I think it's important to remember that "energy phenomenon," while intriguing, are not the purpose of the path, and that getting too wrapped up in them can be a distraction. They are what they are, and I don't think anyone really understands the mechanics behind them.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 7 Years ago at 3/3/17 3:15 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 3/3/17 3:15 PM

Ah, so all you guys get it, that's cool!

In my case, I can trace the pulsing/flickering down to the various chakras. If I focus on this flickering for 30m-1h at some of the chakra points, the flickering-process calms down and eventually ceases for a brief moment, I think when the black part of the flickering becomes very clear, and is then released. This is a fruition (or, if you prefer, is how I would describe my experience of what I call "fruition").

Breadcrumb