Message Boards Message Boards

Non-specific/Broad/Generic

Where did the recent 4th path Theravada critique thread go?

Toggle
There was an absolutely brilliant post that someone wrote (forgot author) who basically nailed the 4th analysis and difference between technical and monastic 4th path (and really was a bang spot on analysis/commentary on lots of archetypes on Asian monks vs Western monks, legit temples that practice, vs religious/communal temples + monks, etc.)

I read it earlier today or yesterday, but wanted to re-read it. 

Less than 24 hours later, and its gone?  What gives --- that was actually a super high quality thread.  Why did it vanish and can we please repost it?

RE: Where did the recent 4th path Theravada critique thread go?
Answer
3/30/17 11:53 PM as a reply to tdiggy t diggy.
The primary author accidentally deleted it, then asked me to repost it, but I haven't had the time yet. Hopefully, it will be up later tonight or tomorrow when I get the time to rebuild it. I agree: good stuff.

Daniel

Answer
3/30/17 11:58 PM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
Phew.

there are some vanishings which are just no good!  Glad this one is re-manifesting soon! emoticon

Answer
3/31/17 3:03 AM as a reply to tdiggy t diggy.
tdiggy t diggy:
Phew.

there are some vanishings which are just no good!  Glad this one is re-manifesting soon! emoticon

I noted that too, last night, with some puzzlement, perhaps disappointment.

A reminder that there's nothing that a-anicca about internet forums. That's why I always download & save interesting material; actually firstly because I read them in depth (and possibly reply) off-line; but then too because s/w people edit / remove to change the sense of what they earlier wrote.

(Good that fon went through channels to make drastic change; some forums explicitly forbid wholesale removal or significant alteration of given material -- the correct option being to submit additional posts clarifying or recanting earlier stuff. But, it's all just like traffic laws -- virtually meant to be ignored. :glareemoticon

Answer
3/31/17 8:07 AM as a reply to tdiggy t diggy.
The OP was x-posted to Reddit Stream Entry and then captured on "paste bin" before it got deleted: https://pastebin.com/f4CpDTLn

Answer
3/31/17 12:51 PM as a reply to tdiggy t diggy.
It seems to be back up now:

https://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/message/6104722?_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&_19_resetCur=false&_19_delta=75

(all that extra stuff is there because it will only show the first 20 posts otherwise - if any tech person is reading this, the default should be to show all posts, not just 20 on a page)