Introductions and A Few Questions

thumbnail
O'lorin, modified 6 Years ago at 5/7/17 5:44 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/7/17 5:44 PM

Introductions and A Few Questions

Hey guys,

I have just stumbled upon this community recently after having found MCTB. I'm fairly new to meditation but I've familarised myself with the territory (at least intellectually) and am committed to practising with an eye towards stream entry. 

I was wondering if any of you guys had done a retreat at the Manohara Forest Meditation Centre here in Australia and if so, could share your impressions of it? Do you think this would be an appropriate place for a contemplative-rookie?

Lastly, what kind of monetary contribution per day to retreat centers is appropriate? If it is relevant, I am a student so not exactly flush with cash.

Cheers guys, I look forward to being a part of the forum - Josh
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:40 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:34 AM

RE: Introductions and A Few Questions

For Down Under lowdown, I would get in touch with Nick Halay at The Hamilton Project Blogspot

Also check out Subhana Barzaghi

Also, see if you can find Sayadaw U Pandita, Junior, who, last I heard was at Dhamma Sukha near Melbourne.
thumbnail
O'lorin, modified 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:43 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:43 AM

Ahh awesome. Sayadaw is actually going to be guiding a meditation sesh around 10 minutes from where I live on Thursday!

Thanks for the headsup.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:51 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 3:51 AM

Nice! Hey, if you can get his contact information and current wereabouts and a good website if there is one for him, that would be great!
thumbnail
O'lorin, modified 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 4:54 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/9/17 4:54 AM

Sure. So according to their facebook page he is the resident abbot at the Manohara Meditation Centre now - https://www.facebook.com/pg/manohara251/about/?ref=page_internal.  Unfortunately they do not list a phone number.

It also seems like he is indefinetely doing weekly instruction at the Buddhist Society of Victoria. Contact information here -http://bsv.net.au/about-us/contact-us/.

I will ask if he has a direct line when I see him.
thumbnail
O'lorin, modified 6 Years ago at 6/2/17 5:42 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/2/17 5:42 AM

Hey btw I finally managed to find a phone number for his centre as well. It is 61394361425. He is away until mid-July though.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 4:23 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 4:23 AM

Thanks!

Breadcrumb