Partner for dyadic self inquiry

Jonas Johnsson, modified 6 Years ago at 5/29/17 9:36 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/29/17 9:36 AM

Partner for dyadic self inquiry

Hi!

I have been doing dyadic self inquiry for a while and I really like it. Seems like the most effective technique on me. So I'm looking for partners to practice this with. If anyone here is interested in doing dyadic inquiry together with me, please contact me emoticon

Kind regards
Jonas
Jack Hatfield, modified 6 Years ago at 5/31/17 8:24 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 5/31/17 8:24 PM

RE: Partner for dyadic self inquiry

What is it?
Jonathan B, modified 6 Years ago at 6/9/17 7:06 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/9/17 7:05 AM

Hi Jonas,

Could you describe the practice in more detail? My understanding based on the title would be asking each other inquiry questions like "What's experiencing all of this right now?" Is that correct?

-Jonathan 
Jonas Johnsson, modified 6 Years ago at 6/12/17 3:36 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/12/17 3:36 AM

Hi, Jonathan!

Yes, it's basically asking eachother inquiry questions. Often like a thread in diggin deeper in the direct experience and aming to get do the depest understanding we can find right now of who am I?
If you have done self-inqury it's quite easy. Send me an email if youre interested inte trying it out johnsson.jonas@gmail.com
Cheers!
Jack Hatfield, modified 6 Years ago at 6/13/17 8:10 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/13/17 8:10 PM

Jonas,

My skype dharma partner and I have been doing something similar for several years in ping pong style. The difference is one person would verbally ask themselves. An example might be saying, What (as in what is experiencing this). In turn the other person might say the same or something like, Where (as in where am I experiencing this). 

I have two skype dharma partners now and don't have time for another. But, I would like to try it with you sometime. I will send you an email.
Jack
Chris, modified 6 Years ago at 6/18/17 11:09 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/18/17 11:09 AM

Have you heard of an 'enlightenment intensive'? It sounds right up your alley. It's a technique/retreat format where participants partner up in dyads to work on a koan, the most popular being 'who am i?' It can be a fairly powerful technique, though I wouldn't know what to compare it to.

Basically sessions last 40 mins and each person in a dyad takes 5 min turns contemplating and expressing  their contemplation to their partner who simply receives without response.

Some guy and his wife, who I guess gets little credit, came up with it in the 60s or so.  Pretty sure these are done all around the world now, might be of interest to you to check one out. There's probably a Wikipedia article on it I'm sure.
Mike H, modified 6 Years ago at 6/24/17 10:26 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/24/17 10:26 AM

I am interested in finding a partner or group where I can share my interest in the dharma.  I live in Stewartsville NJ, and am interested in in-person meetings if the drive is an hour or so, or less.  On-line meetups are also an option.  

This is my first post to this awesome forum.  I have been meditating since 2010, and since 2012, I have been exploring and trying to apply non dual teachings, mostly Adyashanti.  I discovered MCTB about 2 months ago and it has been REALLY helpful.  I love the clarity, rigor, and humor.

Thanks in advance for any connections/comments that you may have. 

Breadcrumb