Question for Daniel - Retraction of arahatship claim?

Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 6/2/17 9:42 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/2/17 6:02 AM

Question for Daniel - Retraction of arahatship claim?

Having had my lights switched ON by MCTB back in 2010 I’ve happily mentioned Daniel’s book to fellow seekers since. However, over the last year or so, a growing number of people have said to me that Daniel has retracted his claim to arahatship. I normally reply that I’ve not read any such retraction from Daniel on DhO (or elsewhere) but that it’s important for folks to read MCTB and, in particular, the chapter on ‘Models of Stages of Enlightenment’ to fully understand what he is claiming. I point more interested parties to Daniel’s essay on his experiments with Actualism and, in particular, his answer to the second question towards the end of the article:

http://integrateddaniel.info/my-experiments-in-actualism/

Finally, I tell such folk that as far as I’m concerned Daniel has more wisdom than myself and what I’ve read and gleamed from MCTB and DhO community has made a big difference so the question is really moot. However, my friend was recently on a retreat when the same point was made regarding Daniel’s claim and I said I’d post on DhO and ask. With that in mind, can I ask you Daniel if you have changed your claim to arahatship and if not, do you have any idea why this view has arisen (aside from ruffled feathers)? ;)

With best wishes,

Nick
thumbnail
Nik, modified 6 Years ago at 6/3/17 1:26 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/3/17 1:18 AM

RE: Question for Daniel - Retraction of arahatship claim?

The question should probably just be: is there mental suffering or no mental suffering, and if there is suffering what form does it take? Otherwise, there will just be arguments over what being an 'Arahant' means and then it just becomes a word for whatever. I feel like people just need to be focused on cultivating wisdom and cutting through the defilements... whether that be through the models here or there--- I mean, that's what we are all really going for eh?

I also heard about this retraction news a few months ago via someone supposedly close to Kenneth Folk. Then I heard from someone else that the claim wasn't retracted. 

-Nik #2
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 4:08 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 4:08 AM

No retraction.

Still just as centerless, natural, luminous, immediate, pristine, clear, and direct.

Hope that helps your practice somehow.

Be well!

Daniel
Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 8:25 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 8:15 AM

Ha! Definitely inspiring emoticon

Thanks,

Nick
thumbnail
ganesha23, modified 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 11:15 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/5/17 11:15 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
No retraction.

Still just as centerless, natural, luminous, immediate, pristine, clear, and direct.

Hope that helps your practice somehow.

Be well!

Daniel

;)

Breadcrumb