Want to Understand your Stress and Recognize Your Daily Emotions?

Emotrak, modified 6 Years ago at 7/24/17 3:59 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 7/24/17 3:59 PM

Want to Understand your Stress and Recognize Your Daily Emotions?

Greetings online fellow sangha,

The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and I will soon be launching a study that uses EmoTrak, a two-week, smartphone-delivered mindfulness application that I helped develop to build emotional resilience and reduce stress.  The difference between an intervention like EmoTrak and other common interventions like the MBSR program developed by Kabat-Zinn, is that EmoTrak can fit within our busy schedules and, according to our pilot study, produces results quickly.

It’s my belief that there remains a critical need for the translation of mindfulness practices into easy-to-implement, technology-assisted interventions, and since our study can use some committed meditators, any participation would help.

Think of it like Dharmaoverground's way to be everywhere throughout the day, all in the palm of your hand.

As a participant, you would:
  • Receive an Emotion Tracking App developed at the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine.
  • Take short surveys before and after you track your emotions on stress, resilience and wellbeing.
  • Receive a report of your daily and weekly emotional experiences.

You may qualify if you:
  • Are 18-80 years old and English speaking
  • Have an iPhone
  • Can commit to responding to texts twice a day for two weeks.
Please e-mail emotrak@ucsf.edu for more information about joining the study.

Warmly,
Eve Ekman PhD
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 6 Years ago at 7/24/17 9:59 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 7/24/17 9:59 PM

RE: Want to Understand your Stress and Recognize Your Daily Emotions?

Interesting! 

Breadcrumb