Leeds (UK) Meetup/Group

Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 7/30/17 10:10 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 7/30/17 10:09 AM

Leeds (UK) Meetup/Group

Just checking if anyone on DhO lives near/in Leeds (UK) and would be interested in meeting up? I'm also interested in started weekly vipassana group to sit together, discuss practice and support each other etc.

Nick
Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 8/6/17 9:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/6/17 9:45 AM

RE: Leeds (UK) Meetup/Group

Just bumping this, in case it was missed first time.

Thanks, Nick
Derek2, modified 6 Years ago at 8/6/17 7:52 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/6/17 7:52 PM

I went to a sitting group in Leeds a few times, but it was years ago, and I don't even remember how I found them. They may have been associated with Amaravati in Hertfordshire.
Adam M, modified 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 7:49 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 7:47 PM

Hi Nick - Yeah I'd be interested. I'm based in Sheffield and working through this on my own. Would be ideal to meet up with someone to compare notes.
Adam, modified 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 6:36 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 6:36 AM

Hey Leeds folk, please check out and hopefully join the discord server I've set up for UK people to hang out.
Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 3:56 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 3:34 PM

Hi Derek2, thanks for the heads up. The group you're refering to is called Dhammapala who, as you say, are associated with the Forest Sangha. I actually used to sit with them quite a lot (15 years ago) and enjoyed their company. However, I'm now keener to interact more with those practicing Burmese Sathipatthana as this is the direction my own practice has taken over the last 5 years.

With that in mind I've now set up a small group meeting on Tuesday nights in Leeds; starting with a sit, tea break and then chat about or listen to talk on relevant material. I say small group becuase, so far, it's just me! But running it has meant I'm practicing at least one evening a week as well as in the morning, which has been really useful. It's open door and anyone is welcome who wants to find out more/discuss/practice Mahasi style. Please PM me here for further details (and add a note to this post so I don't miss it). Thanks.

Hi Adam (first post), thanks for reply and getting in touch. I'll send you a PM now about meeting up etc.

Hi Adam (second post), excellent! I'll join on the discord server now.

Thanks all for replying to this post emoticon
Adam M, modified 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 5:26 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/8/17 5:26 PM

Hi Nick. I got your message but can't get a reply sent to your address for some reason. Something with you settings? maybe send me an e-mail address if we can't work it out.
Nick Green, modified 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 6:13 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 6:13 AM

Hi Adam,

No problem, have sent you a PM now.

Nick
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 6 Years ago at 8/23/17 4:42 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/23/17 4:42 PM

Hi Nick - I've found success helping to start a group in the Seattle area & would like to hear how the Leeds group is going.  Just sent you a PM.