Greetings

Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/25/17 6:53 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/25/17 6:53 PM

Greetings

Hello everyone. My name is Chris Leblanc.  I've been lurking around this forum here and there for years. There's a noticeable difference between DharmaOverground  and more traditional forums. I appreciate that people here are willing to believe in their selves and their connection to the dharma - as opposed to just rolling over in the suttas saying "it's beyond me."

I'm 35. I've had a whack load of dhukkha in terms of back pain and maintaining a functional marriage and life. My journey through back pain has led me to some incredible insights.

i look forward to getting to know you all. 
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:27 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:27 PM

RE: Greetings

I have an ulterior motive for coming here. I'm promoting a free kindle ebook that I recently published. It's called "Transcendental Mind States and Self Healing". As meditators I wanted to share this work with you. The states attained to in this book are not jhanic (at least I don't think so). They are attainments none the less and I hope some of you might take the time to check it out. It's on amazon and if you search "transcendental back pain" you'll find it there with a little skeleton on the cover. Many thanks. Your comments are appreciated. 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 4:14 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 4:12 PM

Glad you admit to your nefarious motive  emoticon

Does your system really cure constipation like you claim it does? Asking for a friend.
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 12:09 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 12:06 PM

It does. The first meditation relaxes the sphincter - but that is the last thing that matters when you're bunged up. The first thing that matters is the muscle groups along the spine that involve the digestive track.  The third meditation addresses this muscle group. The "starting point" of the third meditation is the sciatic nerve. I have found, in my experience, that concentration on the sciatic almost automatically starts the bowels moving. I hope your friend may benefit from this knowledge ;) Drinking water and eating McDonalds is also key to a healthy pooping pattern emoticon
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 2:51 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 2:51 PM

I exercise, eat food with fiber and drink water. Can meditation and/or your method cure cancer?
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:47 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:39 PM

AFAIK, the genetic and environmental causes of cancer aren't fully understood. While there are precautionary measures we can take to avoid cancer (like not smoking; not inhaling asbestos) - there's no real preventative measure for inherited cancer causing genes - excepting for technology that seeks out those genes and turns them off. This is what cancer is - a genetic malfunction that replicates over and over. Can my method cure that? My method provides access to the body's natural analgesics. It can numb the pain of cancer. But since cancer happens on a cellular level and is not a study for kinesiology - my method does not cure cancer. It cures a handful of physiological maladies (anxiety, back pain, constipation, head ache). This is at the bodily level. At the heart level it provides well being, tranquility and - in fact (to borrow a Buddhist term) - the method I've developed offers the attainment of "neither pain nor pleasure" - pure equanimity.  Short answer; no. But - in theory - apart and distinct from my method - mindfulness of a tumor might have some benefits? I'm not sure. That's debatable. 
thumbnail
Ben V, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:44 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:44 PM

Hi Chris. I have a question I'd like to ask you in PM but can't find you when I try to PM you. Can you pm me?
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:53 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 7:53 PM

Of course. But when I add "Ben V." to my receipts I get a list of "Ben's". Who don't seem to be you ...? Any suggestions?
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 8:12 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 8:12 PM

No worries. Found you. 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 9:02 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 9:02 PM

... my method does not cure cancer.

Honesty is the best policy.
Chris LeBlanc, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 9:36 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 9:36 PM

Deepok Chopra would argue, on the other hand, that he has a method of mentally healing the body at the cellular level - a mind body connection like this - I'm skeptical of.  The claims I make - they're open to testing.