Fire Kasina/Possible Eye Issues?

charon, modified 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 12:40 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 12:40 AM

Fire Kasina/Possible Eye Issues?

Just a quick question for Daniel or anyone else familer with this practise, or eye health in general.

Not sure if this is a stupid question...I'm thinking of giving this practise a test run, but was wondering if there are potential eye health issues from staring at a flame for long periods of time? Google searches seem to giving me mixed messages (perhaps unsurprisingly!).

Many thanks
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 2:33 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 2:33 AM

RE: Fire Kasina/Possible Eye Issues? (Answer)

I have done hundreds of hours of fire kasina practice and never noticed any eye issues. I have done up to 15 hours per day and had no problems. I personally doubt that the light from one candle is enough to damage the eye, but, if you were very concerned, could ask an ophthalmologist.
charon, modified 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 3:10 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/15/17 3:10 AM

RE: Fire Kasina/Possible Eye Issues?

Daniel M. Ingram:
I have done hundreds of hours of fire kasina practice and never noticed any eye issues. I have done up to 15 hours per day and had no problems. I personally doubt that the light from one candle is enough to damage the eye, but, if you were very concerned, could ask an ophthalmologist.

Thanks for the reply Daniel. It's one of those niggling question thoughts that has come up each time I've considered giving it a go, so wanted to ask just in case. I'll be sure to take your advice if anything occurs to make me concered.

Breadcrumb