Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening

Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 9/29/17 12:15 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening neko 9/29/17 2:32 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Paul Smith 9/29/17 2:53 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 9/29/17 3:11 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Paul Smith 9/29/17 3:29 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 9/29/17 3:50 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Alesh Vyhnal 9/29/17 5:14 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 9/29/17 5:24 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening junglist 9/29/17 6:22 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dom Stone 9/29/17 7:10 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Ward Law 9/29/17 8:59 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening neko 9/29/17 6:22 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Alesh Vyhnal 9/29/17 9:22 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening neko 9/29/17 6:24 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 9/29/17 6:24 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Paul Smith 9/29/17 6:43 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening junglist 9/29/17 12:34 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Edward Prunesquallor 9/30/17 3:07 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Sophia 9/29/17 10:12 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening seth tapper 9/29/17 10:29 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening baba ganoush 9/29/17 11:16 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Jason Massie 9/29/17 9:49 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening baba ganoush 9/30/17 10:25 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Travis 9/30/17 12:31 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 10/11/17 6:11 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Chris M 10/11/17 7:39 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Daniel Gurzynski 10/13/17 8:53 AM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Dm Mat 10/13/17 11:55 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Daniel Gurzynski 10/16/17 12:13 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Doctor Avocado 10/16/17 3:40 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening seth tapper 10/16/17 4:49 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening Chris M 10/16/17 6:40 PM
RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening shargrol 10/17/17 6:20 PM
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 12:15 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 12:15 AM

Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening

I am interested in learning more about the strategies for dealing with wireless radiation (wifi-4g-5g). 

There is increasingly more evidence that such technologies can harm the body. 

My question is how does it affect the mind? How does it affect meditation? 

From my personal subjective experience I find that this technology tends to dumb down my mind. For example after returning from a long retreat I quickly noticed that someone must have just installed a wifi router next door. (and it turns out they did) I could not concentrate my mind in the way I could before returning to my apartment. It felt like a big blank area of nothing which coudn't be penetrated. 

During retreats there were times and places where they have wifi near the meditation hall. I can feel it and it seems to dumb down my concentration, but after a few days the problem seemed to subside. 

How can we find more concrete proof of the effects of wireless radiation on consciousness, awareness, and ability to meditate properly? 

And, can we develop "powers" to transmute these frequencies into something that doesn't harm or hinder our practice? I think this could be a skillful use of powers. There may be no other way. I have tried different devices which seem to have some effect. But can we use our minds to either block out the harmful effects or to change the frequencies to something more in tune with our biological system? 

I don't know how I will deal with the 5G which eventually will connect all of us to an Internet of Things. It is being forced upon us and it may serve as a tool of dumbing down our consciousness. 

Does anyone share my concerns or have any insight to share on this issue? 

Dustin
neko, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 2:32 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 2:32 AM

RE: Efffect of Wireless Radiation on Consciousness and Awakening

Paul Smith, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 2:53 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 2:53 AM

Are you open to the possibility that you are wrong? 

Here's how to test your hypothesis:
1. sit in a room, close the doors
2. ask a friend to sit in another room with doors closed (make audio/visual communication impossible)
3. friend turns electronic equipment on and off at random time intervals. your friend writes down times at which the equipment is turned on/off
4. since wifi waves can penetrate walls and since you can feel them, you can write down times when wifi signal shows up and when it dies down (both watches need to be synchronised before the experiment)
5. experiment ends, you and your friend compare notes

If you perform this experiment (I doubt you will), I suspect it'll disprove your hypothesis (double blind studies like this were already performed, with negative results).

The problem is, with psychosis/paranoia:
1. people don't want to test their hypotheses
2. if a test is performed, people find ways to explain it with more hypotheses, so that their belief is preserved
3. reality testing can be abandoned completely in favor of beliefs, maybe even unfalsifiable ones

I was diagnosed with paranoia, so I know how it works from the inside. Belief system becomes fluid, too fluid - there's nothing to hold on to. The most helpful way for me to deal with it was to investigate, test and discuss my beliefs with others.
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:11 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:11 AM

Paul Smith:
Are you open to the possibility that you are wrong? 

Paul, yes I am definitely open to the possibility of being wrong. It would be a big relief. 

But to do that test you mention I have to find a partner who also is sensitive to EMF. Most people don't seem to feel any effects on their body/mind when in the presence of relatively strong EMF. 

I could first test alone, just ask a friend to turn on and off the wifi at different distances and timeframes. I will try to take notes on when I sense a difference and then we compare notes. 

Dustin
Paul Smith, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:29 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:29 AM

why do you think you need someone sensitive to EMF? Your friend's job is to flip the switch and record the time when he/she did that - no sensitivy required for that. If you do the flipping yourself, your brain can trick you into sensing something that isn't there.

see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_iiepy1eM
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:50 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 3:50 AM

I want to keep this discussion focused on using this challenge as a way to practice and to overcome the difficulty. It is not paranoia. I found this interview about how one person healed their Electromagnetic Sensitivity by re-wiring the brain. I need to check it out: https://www.electricsense.com/12897/heal-electrical-hyper-sensitivity/
thumbnail
Alesh Vyhnal, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 5:14 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 5:14 AM

[quote= to overcome the difficulty. It is not paranoia.
]

Believe me it is. But it is uselses to tell you since the definiton of delusions is that it is never possible to explain to the patient that they are false. I also had this problem in the past. I thought that people were somehow consipiring against me. Only medication helps. It is quite typical for paranoid schizophrenia that people today feel that they are influenced by some sort of radiation. I had a friend with this disease who believed that Mossad puts to sleep him by a radiation from its satellite. Eventually he hung himself. emoticon  
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 5:24 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 5:24 AM

I guess this isn't the right forum for me. I don't know where all this psychological labeling stuff is coming from. 
junglist, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:22 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:22 AM

Paranoia or not, an experiement like the one described sounds good. I would recommend as many attempts as possible to avoid coincidence, and to make sure that the meditator cannot hear anything at all when the wifi operated flicks the switch.

I would also expect the slight concern caused by the very knowledge of the possibility of having wifi somewhere plus the concern that it might be harmful would also upset concentration.

That said, who knows, the effect might be extremely subtle, or maybe our brains will all be fried in the wifi pan by the next decade.
Dom Stone, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 7:10 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 7:05 AM

Wrote a reply to this then it got wiped, round 2!

It has become a situation where 2+2= , it doesn't matter whether the answer is 5 or 4, this isn't an arithmetic class. Ok so that was a poor analogy, but perhaps there are more skillful ways than to use culturally charged words in lieu of a carefully considered paragraph wrote for the purpose of liberation. Indeed, telling a psychotic person he's psychotic isn't going to work, so in that argument, there's no point in bringing it up without being particularly careful about it anyway.

The truth is (And even this isn't an absolute truth in itself), that science, as well as being a noble pursuit in the exploration of the universe, is also a way for companies to tell everyone how their product works, is totally safe etc. So while there may be mounting 'evidence' to show radio waves are safe, there will be more 'evidence' to say that they aren't. In cases like the MMR/Autism link they can cause issues for a long time, only for them to be discredited much later down the line. http://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/media-centre/position-statements/mmr-vaccine.aspx

Cholestorol was long believed to be a cause of heart disease and strokes, but was decided as safe later on. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/cholesterol-u-turn-as-research-shows-fatty-foods-might-not-be-bad-for-us-after-all-10277837.html
If I had suggested that big pharma propogated this myth with research studies 10 years ago, I would have been declared paranoid, but now I would just sound a bit untrusting.

One may be able to see a bias in another persons belief systems, but to consider a cause from the messages from Dustin so far sounds a bit arrogant to me, but perhaps I'm not getting the whole picture? Regardess, I'm going to assume that Dustin is new to meditation, and even words such as delusion should be used carefully at this time as it could even deter him from practice full stop, not just from this site.

It is best to take the views of others on here with a pinch of salt and come to your own conclusions. The words of a few are not the leading views of this forum, and you will find that we all have very different ways of dealing with things!

I would definitely recommend Pauls advice on doing an experiment if this is of a concern to you, with as powerful a signal as you can manage as this raises the signal to noise ratio. Also, bearing in mind different parts of the brain perform different functions, ensure that there is total coverage. You want to be sure of results such that anything that isn't a significant bias can be overlooked.

I can understand the logic in terms of changing your brain to block out radiation, however I also believe such logic is based upon improper science. Just because it's invisible, doesn't mean it's any less profound than the effects of a stab wound. However as you progress along the path of meditation, you will increasingly see that these things do not matter the way they once did.

I think the main issue we have is that your posts are very conceptual and the purpose of Insight Meditation is to see that all these concepts don't have any existance outside of the products that make them, are based on transient mindstuff, and as such are not satisfying to hold onto. Your other post on the collective consciousness for instance, I agree with you, but it gets a bit more complicated. There is clear evidence that there is some sort of collective (Lack of empirical knowledge would mean it's unwise to consider the collective itself is conscious, but it it as least based upon many sub minds that ARE conscious. However we can only ASSUME that other people are conscious due to the fact we know we are, and that life is a common factor between us all). This evidence shows that we all effect each other, and the fact that such insanity such as the current media and music industry are as successful as they are mean that the collective human psyche is changing.

HOWEVER, it is important to remember that there is no entity or object called a collective consciousness that exists outside of a thought that presumes that it exists, and this is where the whole delusion thing starts. Is the internet actually a thing, or a collective term used to  describe the interface between things? The purpose of Vipassana is to realise that these are all concepts, that when clung to, let us exist in a state of becoming that relies on certain factors being a certain way for happiness be present. We need to see the 3 Characteristics of all of this so that these are seen as they are, random mindstuffs that appears then disappears... If you were to take a car, and take it apart, bit by bit, starting with the mirrors, the steering wheel, the wheels, etc. at which point does it cease to be a car?

This is the sort of enquiry that is encouraged on this forum above all else, and while it is perfectly acceptable to post items on a more conceptual level, in doing so, it must be recognised that there are people who are very different holding very different points of view. Some of us are diplomatic about things, others of us not so much, and if you find that this contact has upset you in some way, perhaps this itself can be used as a form of enquiry. Who is it that is upset about such an opinion. Does it hurt? Where? Etc.

This way, even if you don't get the answer you hoped for, you may not need it at all emoticon

EDIT::

Just read posts created after I started this, I apologise if I made any suggestions of arrogance. As stated before it was how it "Sounded". On retrospect, I wrongly assumed that people were specifically suggesting Dustin was paranoid! Oh the woes of Samsaric existance! 
thumbnail
Ward Law, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 8:59 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 8:59 AM

I would like for you to do the recommended experiment and tell us the results. If it turns out you are right, that's important info for those of us who have a smart meter and/or wifi router. I can't do the test myself, because I don't have your sensitivity.
neko, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:22 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:22 AM

Alesh Vyhnal:
 to overcome the difficulty. It is not paranoia.

Believe me it is. But it is uselses to tell you since the definiton of delusions is that it is never possible to explain to the patient that they are false. I also had this problem in the past. I thought that people were somehow consipiring against me. Only medication helps. It is quite typical for paranoid schizophrenia that people today feel that they are influenced by some sort of radiation. I had a friend with this disease who believed that Mossad puts to sleep him by a radiation from its satellite. Eventually he hung himself. emoticon  

Alesh, I am very sorry to hear about your story, and I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I am sure that your words for Dustin come from a place of compassion and from the desire to help, but diagnosing people you have never met as paranoid is not a very skilful step in this direction in my opinion. The odds are high that Dustin is just wrong about something, as we all often are. emoticon
thumbnail
Alesh Vyhnal, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 9:22 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 9:22 AM

OK I admit this wasn't right from my part to diagnose someone with delusions at distance. It's perhaps because I have many friends with mental disease and I tend to see them even there where they are not present. All the evidence we have so far indicates that this common radiation has no effect on human health. On the other hand we have multitudes of charlatans who claim otherwise. Of course it is wise to be cautious and some such effect can in the future be proved. Just imagine the tremendous decline of trust of the general public in the state regulatory institutions if it really turned out that e.g. cell phones cause brain cancer. Imagine bilions of dollars the companies would have to pay as compensations.

If Dustin built his clay house in wilderness because of his fears of "invisible radiation" it really might be something more dangerous than mere autosuggestion. If this is the case then only proper medical care is appropriate. 
neko, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:24 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:16 AM

Dustin Mattison:

It is not paranoia.
I don't think anyone here thinks you are paranoid, at least I don't. (EDIT: The video I posted was a bit of a snarky joke, and I do apologise if it came across as an accusation of mental illness towards you. This wasn't my intention.)

So, no paranoia, but self-delusion is an extraordinarily common phenomenon, and everyone is affected, me included, of course. It might well be a case of confirmation bias coupled with a nocebo effect. I am sure you agree with us that it might be.

So, since extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, I encourage you to apply a high standard to your own claim, in your own interest, by getting a friend and doing the experiment that was suggested to you by Paul above. (If you record a video and post it on youtube I would be super curious to watch it.)
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:24 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:24 AM

I will try to do an experiment. 

There is a lot of evidence being presented regarding EMFs and impact on health. I don't know if it is necessary to share all that here. 

It is an environmental toxin. 

When my apartment was close to a cell phone tower I did not feel well. I could somewhat adjust over time, but my overall sense of wellness declined. I built a clay house in the mountains where I live in China. I spend my weekends and days off there. It helps me recover. 

Dustin
Paul Smith, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:43 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 6:43 AM

Please post the results.Good luck.emoticon
junglist, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 12:34 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 12:34 PM

Dustin Mattison:
I will try to do an experiment. 
Might I just add that if there is indeed an effect on your concentration from EMFs, I would also postulate that it is extremely likely that other environmental factors would upset concentration more noticeably than EMFs, such as the knowledge that there is a device present, the situation of being part of an experiment, a desire to prove/disprove/be impartial to something, noise, etc. Which means you would have to conduct the experiment over a good many sits - I don't know enough statistics to say how many to get a statistically valid result though.

The effect might also be subtle such that it doesn't have an instantly noticeable effect, it might be delayed, and so your results might look different to what you expect. You might get better results by doing whole sits with the wifi just on or just off, double blind of course. 

You might also find (or not) that the effect is so subtle that it is negligible and nothing to worry about. I do hope it's nothing to worry about.

It would also be worthwhile on a forum like this for you to post the studies that demonstrate the evidence, I think a lot of people here appreciate that sort of thing.
Edward Prunesquallor, modified 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 3:07 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 2:48 PM

You guys are too trusting of authorities. It takes effort to avoid being poisoned while living in the west. I noticed that I fall asleep without effort while being forced to sit in my truck all night at a remote place, after eating restaurant meals.

In my apartment building with wifi routers all around, I have to be extremely specific about food and supplements and even binaural sounds in order to get adequate rest.

You can find more info if you searched.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/mobile-phone-radiation-leads-to-oxidation-in-cells.3728/#post-44604

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26775760

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/children-absorb-more-wi-fi-radiation-than-adults.5635/#post-66956
Sophia, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 10:12 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 10:12 AM

Dustin Mattison:
How can we find more concrete proof of the effects of wireless radiation on consciousness, awareness, and ability to meditate properly? 
There's a ton of pollutants of various kinds in the air we breathe, the clothes we wear, the food we eat, the water we drink. And then all those internal parasites ... And meteorites and jumbo jet engines falling to the ground ... And terrorists ...

With all those dangers around, one just has to make do in one's practice ...
seth tapper, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 10:29 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 10:29 AM

Dustin, 

What would your response be to someone who said you are over thinking stuff?  In my experience, the mind is mostly delusional nonsense, if you follow the threads of thought and worry, it never leads to peace. This week wifi, next week Gluten, etc.  

Really wise people, I think,  are just happy as things are.  If that rings true to you, give it a try! Just being happy is fun. 
thumbnail
baba ganoush, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 11:16 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 11:01 AM

Hi Dustin

Me I'm a nobody here, i may have the moniker 'baba', but i'm really 'the baby baba who's a bit of a dip'. I'm not a guru or expert.

I run a wifi router at home and my practice is  curently 'trying to deal with dullness', today i had a good sit, I was focusing on the breath, following all the sensations I could, and afer the first 10 minutes  switched to the '5 elements' (of each sensation), which are earth (solidity) water (flow, resilience), space (proprioception) fire (temperature) and wind (change).   No doubt someone will correct me but my words are close enough.  So i did 4 breaths on each element, then switched to continuous exploration of each breath (slowly) looking for each one as they arose.  Continued this for a while (20 mins) and then for my last 10 mins tried to doze off, allowing my posture to slump and generally allowing myself to space out. Unfortunately (sic) :-) i found that any decsent into slumber resulted in me bouncing back into lively alert but relaxed awareness.

So it's possible to progress while sitting in a soup of wifi :-)   wherever we are  there will be obstables, and we just work with whereever we are at.  I'm following a book called 'the mind illuminated', it says that from day to day we start each sit at a differnt level, so if you feel 'dumbed down' one day then that's your choice of practice for that sit.

------------------------
Unrelated to this ... the human brain is incredibly adaptable.

In a prevous life i paid cash for a hypnotic CD, put on my headphones and listened.  Yes brave, foolish, naive, and trusting I hear you say!.
It could have been feeding me messages like 'send me $20 ... now'.

There was a bit in the middle  where they'd included some brainwave entrainment, which uses 'binaural beats' ie they feed music into each ear with slightly different frequencies, and your brain detects the difference, and synchronises.  I think here they were using delta waves, causing me to go sleep/ out for the count; no choice on that at all, i'd been controlled by a CD player!.   This pee'd me off 'something rotten', and determined to find out what i was being fed.  After three attempts I could stay awake through it, and on top of the beats were two voices, one in each ear, saying somehting inoccuous like 'every day in every way i am getting better and better'.  So no 'send me $20 .. now'. God knows i deserve it!  Maybe neko will send me $20?

Now: GIRLS and BOYS out there: please do not try the above at home. it gave me a strange headache through my whole skull.  I was foolish enough to try and did not enjoy the experience.

Anyways:  binaural beats into both ears is a very strong signal, wifi into the brain is quite weak, and it's from one direction; the frequency is too high to introduce a difference of eg 8 hz between two sources, the technology just isn't that precise and brain chemistry does'nt work at wifi frequencies, nerves are quite slow (about 1kHz) and molecules resonate unfeasbly fast, quantum mechanics prevents us from making a ray gun at that frequency.

I agree (with other posters) that you should expriment and try to find out if the wifi is an issue and then (and only then) will you be able to see if you have overcome it.
Jason Massie, modified 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 9:49 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/29/17 9:49 PM

If the radiation is at a level where it harmful, up antioxidant intake. Eat lots of berries, ginger, turmeric etc.
thumbnail
baba ganoush, modified 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 10:25 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 10:23 AM

(Hmmm... today's practice was not so good, but that's something i can work with.)

I'm reminded of a trip to switzerland  a few years ago.  Myself & some chums were walking through a park by the lake (and the swiss look after thier environment real nice), and one of us said ' oh! there's such a lot of pollen in the air'.  Now, these days we are supposed to exprience panic and bad vibes due to pollen infestaton, so that big pharma can sell us useless drugs, we even get pollen warnings with the weather forecast.  Me, i just thought 'i wondered why i was feeling so strong!'

We react to the environment, and we have a choice how.  I wiish I could detect HF radio (and beyond) and get a boost from it! How do you do that???
Travis, modified 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 12:31 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/30/17 12:12 PM

It's funny because I was going to create an account and ask a very similar question about two days ago. 

You will get plenty of logcial fallicies in respone to these types of questions such as: "scientists agree wifi radiation is safe, therefore it is safe","wifi is non-ionizing, therefore it is safe."  Well it goes without saying that these Ghz frequencies definitely interact with matter.  A microwave-oven runs at about 2.5 Ghz.  Would any of the naysayers here suggest putting a cat inside a running microwave oven is safe?  However, like most things it is a matter of dosage and if the effects are cumulative.

What are the effects on the body's (for lack of a better word) "electro-magnetc" systems?  There seems to be plenty of evidence that these frequencies can cause problems such as irritablitiy, sleep disturbances, difficulty concentrating, etc.

If no one else is going to provide first hand knowledge about the effects on so-called meditation, I would agree with what has been said, namely, you will have to perform experiments yourself.  I don't believe my practice is deep enough to notice effects, but let me tell you, I keep my cell phone far away and turn off the wireless router (I am very paranoid, lol :]).
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 6:11 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 6:11 AM

This documentary titled 'Resonance - Beings of Frequency' does an excellent job at explaining the reality of EMF, its effects on the brain and body. https://vimeo.com/54189727

It starts out discussing the effects of EMFs on bees, birds and insects. It is significant. 

At about 34 minutes into the video they discuss a flawed science used to test whether people could sense the presence of EMFs. They put participants in a room where an electromagnetic field was turned on and off. See the video to see why the test was flawed. 

Someone sensitive to EMFs won't necessarily feel when the device is turned on because the effects are cumulative. 

I want to find out if we can tune ourselves into the Schuman Resonance through use of the power of our minds. Could there be a way for us to take control over this threat which is increasing every day? Soon 5G will be put in place. Then what? How can we escape? Do we just simply observe our sensations with equanimity? Would an arhant be more equipped to face this threat?

What if we can't even achieve concentration due to the EMF pollution affecting the functioning of our brain and body? 

Please watch the documentary. I think it is really important. We have to do something. 

Dustin
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 7:39 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 7:39 AM

This documentary titled 'Resonance - Beings of Frequency' does an excellent job at explaining the reality of EMF, its effects on the brain and body. https://vimeo.com/54189727

In considering all possible outcomes we should all be aware of the alternative POV:

http://www.badsciencewatch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BSW-HC-SC6-Consultation-Submission-July-11-2014.pdf
Daniel Gurzynski, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 8:53 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 8:53 AM

Having worked around RF (radio frequency) gear pretty much all my life I find the thought that non-ionizing radiation of the level of wifi or cellular to be able to effect brain function kind of funny. I've been around multi 10's of kilowatt transmitters and never had a problem concentrating unless it was due to lack of sleep or some other obvious cause. I have met people that could fool themselves easily into believing that they were affected by the strangest things but when you would try to examine the setting it was imagined.
One CAN be injured when the level is high enough, as the person mentioned about putting an animal in a microwave oven!
Heck, water applied too much in the wrong way will kill you. Now I wouldn't want to live with a wifi transmitter strapped to my head 24\7 but the hysteria some have regarding RF exposure must be very difficult to live with.
thumbnail
Dm Mat, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 11:55 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 11:55 PM

Daniel
You are fortunate to have a strong immune system and constitution to not be affected at a conscious level by wireless radiation such as wifi. 

However, not everyone is the same. Just as I need to provide proof that it is not just an emotional response, those who argue it has no effect because it doesn't affect themselves personally are also lacking in the strength of argument. 

Let's say that the physical symptoms some people feel when in the presence of too much wifi and 4G are at their core emotional. Is there no link between physical phenomena and emotional pain or pleasure? Is wireless radiation a material force? We can't see it with our eyes, but it manifests in the physical world. It transmits huge amounts of information! And what about the ways it is transmitted, the frequencies. Are we using the optimal frequencies which both support physical health and enable rapid communication? 

For example, you can make wifi routers which maintain their power while reducing their radiation levels by 10 times! See JRS wifi routers https://www.jrselectrohealth.com/pcat/low-radiation-wifi-routers-jrs-eco-wifi/?c=cf13ce20305c

Do these individuals have rights to say they don't want to be subjected to these frequencies 24 hours a day? Shouldn't humans have freedom of privacy, freedom to keep this data from being transmitted through their personal living and working spaces? 

What if it became accepted as the norm that rock music should be played around the world non-stop because we needed it for our economic survival. Maybe most of the people like the music and really believe it is necessary for life in the modern world. But not everyone likes it. Some will react negatively to it. Regardless of why they are reacting, shouldn't we respect their views and rights to have freedom from it if they choose? Just because we can't see radiation doesn't mean it doesn't have effects on living beings, no matter how subtle or insignificant some people believe them to be. The fact is the level of radiation and the intensity of the frequencies is growing exponentially. 

Dustin
Daniel Gurzynski, modified 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 12:13 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 12:13 PM

[quote=I understand what you're saying but the problem remains "What is the reality of the situation". If we have a technology that has great benefits for communication but some claim what appear to be health problems that cannot be traced to a direct cause, or what appear to be causes fail under examination, should we just ditch that technology anyway? It is already embedded in the culture and is very functional. Might it be better to see what is really happening rather than make an assumption that a very low powered transmitter a fairly long distance away might possibly be affecting your sense of well being instead of diet or even an emotional problem?

The color brown makes me feel deperessed. Whenever I or a small portion of people see brown we feel an effect that makes us not feel right. Therefore we should ban the color brown?

Now I think that the use of cell phones would be a much greater problem as the actual radiator is so much closer to the body.
Oh well, I don't mean to be dismissive and I'm sorry if I sound that way, it's just that I have run across many people that would have us turn off most modern communications because it makes them uneasy instead of finding a fix.

Dm Mat]Daniel
You are fortunate to have a strong immune system and constitution to not be affected at a conscious level by wireless radiation such as wifi. 

However, not everyone is the same. Just as I need to provide proof that it is not just an emotional response, those who argue it has no effect because it doesn't affect themselves personally are also lacking in the strength of argument. 

Let's say that the physical symptoms some people feel when in the presence of too much wifi and 4G are at their core emotional. Is there no link between physical phenomena and emotional pain or pleasure? Is wireless radiation a material force? We can't see it with our eyes, but it manifests in the physical world. It transmits huge amounts of information! And what about the ways it is transmitted, the frequencies. Are we using the optimal frequencies which both support physical health and enable rapid communication? 

For example, you can make wifi routers which maintain their power while reducing their radiation levels by 10 times! See JRS wifi routers https://www.jrselectrohealth.com/pcat/low-radiation-wifi-routers-jrs-eco-wifi/?c=cf13ce20305c

Do these individuals have rights to say they don't want to be subjected to these frequencies 24 hours a day? Shouldn't humans have freedom of privacy, freedom to keep this data from being transmitted through their personal living and working spaces? 

What if it became accepted as the norm that rock music should be played around the world non-stop because we needed it for our economic survival. Maybe most of the people like the music and really believe it is necessary for life in the modern world. But not everyone likes it. Some will react negatively to it. Regardless of why they are reacting, shouldn't we respect their views and rights to have freedom from it if they choose? Just because we can't see radiation doesn't mean it doesn't have effects on living beings, no matter how subtle or insignificant some people believe them to be. The fact is the level of radiation and the intensity of the frequencies is growing exponentially. 

Dustin
thumbnail
Doctor Avocado, modified 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 3:40 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 3:29 PM

Good thread. A report of my experience with EMF, hope it's helpful:

I had long feared the suppressive effects of Wi-Fi upon Kundalini and clearly intuited that it deeply angered the coiled serpent.

I experimented with building a fully EMF resistant 2m^3 human egg capsule to work and meditate within, but faced substantial resistance from my girlfriend. She was unhappy that I had spent ~$1500 from our joint account on EMF resistant building materials. She gave me an ultimatum about our relationship. It was a no brainer for me. I was disappointed in her, but quickly realized that I had to give priority to my spiritual unfoldment and the construction of the anti-EMF egg capsule. If she lacked the insight to understand my choice, it's unlikely that she would have the energetic resonance to help facilitate my own awakening, or to benefit from the anti-EMF egg capsule herself. 

A few days later I found myself locked out of our joint account. It was fair really, since she had been the sole income provider. But I had hoped she was willing to invest the remaining allowance to bring my project to fruition. She was not. 

I lashed out at her, got nothing, and in my despair managed to raise another $200 from some kind yet slightly baffled relatives. I used this to build a (frankly ingenious) Lamborghini style switchblade door to the capsule. But the egg was still only complete from the torso downward, with no cranial shielding at all. I was still at least $2200 short of full completion. 

The half-egg occupied one half of my bedroom for a long time, until one day when returning home I found that my landlord had hired some local thugs to salvage the metal from it to pay the rent money I owed. Despite this, I'm not the type of person that gives up easily.

I set upon various ways of constructing an anti-EMF globular cranial shield inspired by 1880s underwater diving suits. 

To cut a long story short, that was also a waste of time and that the simplest, age old solution was best. I ordered some extra thick and durable aluminium tin foil sheets and wrapped them around my torso and skull prior to a meditation sit. This both repelled EMF from my spine, third eye and crown chakras, while creating a de-facto sensory deprivation chamber and pineal decalcification therapy device.

As tin foil wrapping sits became routine, the insight knowledge arose that MCTB, TMI, and all other "strategic enlightenment" style books were totally redundant. With EMF protection, Kundalini becomes overly friendly and responsive. It is naturally enticed into opening problematic channels and chakras. Time spent within my globular tin foil cranial shield also led to the rapid decalcification of my pineal gland, which resulted in the rapid acquisition of 7 siddhis I had previously considered only to be hearsay. Of course, siddhis are not my main interest, but they do make for a magical experience. 

The core point here is that with cranial globular shielding, all of the higher paths, kundalini awakening and siddhi acquisition simply unfolded of themselves. The "nothing to do" models are indeed correct, but only with comprehensive tin foil wrapping.

Unbelievably, I got kicked out of a Goenka retreat for refusing to remove the tin foil from my body and head, despite elucidating all of the benefits to the assistant teacher. I had to restrain myself from shrinking him to the size of a dung beetle. Either way, I felt sad that certain organisations/teachers are so invested in their idea of work and effort (ie pride) that they'll bypass simple solutions to awakening, even if they're lying there on the table right in front of them. Isn't the buddhist path one of pragmatism?

Regards,

Dr Avocado
seth tapper, modified 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 4:49 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 4:49 PM

A tin foil hat is an oldy but a goody! 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 6:40 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/16/17 6:39 PM

Does the tinfoil wrapping require a lot of butter?

emoticon
shargrol, modified 6 Years ago at 10/17/17 6:20 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/17/17 6:20 PM

Doctor Avocado:
Good thread. A report of my experience with EMF, hope it's helpful:

[...]

Isn't the buddhist path one of pragmatism?

Regards,

Dr Avocado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0TEJMJOhk

emoticon

Breadcrumb