Flashbulb fruitions

Robin Woods, modified 6 Years ago at 10/12/17 10:23 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/12/17 10:23 AM

Flashbulb fruitions

I’ve been practicing for a long time. If I’ve done a lot of practice in a day, I find I often get an experience like a big old external camera flash going off in my brain when I’m lying down before sleep and my mind is quiet. That’s the best way I can describe it. This is a better description of what I experience than a ‘blip’ or a ‘reboot’.

Can anyone else relate to this description? They’ve sorta got a ‘boom’ quality to them. Like yr consciouness suddenly gets sucked up into nothing and then booms outward again. But with light involved. I don't notice them during the day. 

If they are fruitions, I've absolutely no idea if the're path or review ones. How do people know the difference?

Thanks 
thumbnail
Lewis James, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 2:25 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 2:25 AM

RE: Flashbulb fruitions

You mention a 'boom' quality to them, is this auditory? It could be related to 'Exploding Head Syndrome' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome#Symptoms

I've experienced a similar thing a couple of years ago and would get it quite frequently - eventually it stopped happening after a couple of months. I chalked it up to something like EHS (though not as intense as some reports). Since the cause of the syndrome is unknown it's quite possible that meditation could cause something similar.
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 3:28 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 3:25 AM

Robin Woods:

If they are fruitions, I've absolutely no idea if the're path or review ones. How do people know the difference?

Thanks 
One extremely powerful thing I discovered is making a firm resolution to repeat 'fruition' and proceed with an empty mind. The fastest it happened for me is within a shocking minute (I have raptures going on all day long though which is another 'sign' I gather - no need for access concentration). If you can repeat it, congratulations! emoticon
Robin Woods, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 5:29 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 5:29 AM

Thanks for this - interesting! There's definitely no auditory component but funny that these also seem to happen between sleeping/waking. The 'boom' is like a boom of consciousness. And they're defo not unpleasant. Quite nice and interesting/refreshing - although I couldn't really say i get a 'bliss wave' afterwards....

thanks for the info!
Robin Woods, modified 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 6:23 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/13/17 6:23 AM

Thanks - I'll try this! Never had much faith resolutions would work for me. 

Funnily enough, I had a very abrupt, jarring total 'discontinuity' upon waking today. Much more like the 'blip' description of a fruition, but very 'dry' and jarring and not a hint of rapture etc