Message Boards Message Boards

Toggle
Heavy head
Answer
11/23/17 9:53 AM
Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the right category

But I am having some difficulty in my cultivation and I need help

What happens is this that whenever I start meditating ( it can be any technique )

My eyes , head , temples, jaws, cheekbones etc start getting tense and heavy

I can feel that pressure building up in my forehead ( between the eyebrows ) ( and I don't think it has anything to do with third eye, I think it's just tension , I am just a beginner )

This pressure stays all day long, my head feels heavy all day long, I feel unfocused and sluggish all day long

Now this is the important thing, it happens only if I close my eyes during the meditation 

If I keep my eyes open , this problem magically disappears ( I am not really sure about it because I have felt tension even during open eyes but still it disappears to quite an extent )

Now what is happening and what can I do to resolve this ?

I have heard reichian Therapy is good , so may be I can try that to release tension from my eyes, head and face ?

Any suggestions ?

Simply trying to relax the head doesn't work.

half closed eyes also don't work, it too bulids up tension

Progressive relaxation also I don't think will really work because the tension will build up anyway as soon as I close eyes

I think I need something which can release deep physical tension from my head , eyes and face

But all suggestions are welcome

RE: Heavy head
Answer
11/23/17 6:21 PM as a reply to Dharma Raj.
Maybe try the 10 points relaxation practice from Dharma Ocean? You start off by relaxing tension everywhere else in the body before you get to the head. https://www.dharmaocean.org/meditation/learn-to-meditate/learn-to-meditate-foundational-practices/