It's ok to claim Stream Entry ;)

Mettafore, modified 6 Years ago at 12/6/17 2:04 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/6/17 2:04 AM

It's ok to claim Stream Entry ;)

I found a super interesting video of U Nu, the first PM of Burma in which he clearly implies that he is a stream enterer. Very interesting video from a historical and cultural point of view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKdUJoah6Y
neko, modified 6 Years ago at 12/6/17 4:35 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/6/17 4:35 AM

RE: It's ok to claim Stream Entry ;)

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
junglist, modified 6 Years ago at 12/8/17 6:00 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/8/17 6:00 AM

Mettafore:
I found a super interesting video of U Nu, the first PM of Burma in which he clearly implies that he is a stream enterer. Very interesting video from a historical and cultural point of view.
Thanks for sharing! 
I also enjoyed this dialogue between U Nu and Ben Gurion that I found linked on the same page, which is also interesting for similar reasons, as well as comparative religion – or comparative-prime-ministerism – and seeing old-skool TV. emoticon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-VvnvDEQE
thumbnail
I Dream of Jnani, modified 5 Years ago at 7/15/18 12:11 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/15/18 12:11 PM

Mettafore:

@Mettafore:

It's great to hear that others are getting great results with Honesty in the Dhamma. Some results vary. I guess there is an obvious go to gere:
What use are claims of Attainment high -- "For Giving Up."    ....highly paraphrased from the Vimuttimagga.

All 4 Brahmaviharas to you!
Cheers.
Pyro Arkar, modified 5 Years ago at 7/15/18 11:47 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/15/18 11:47 PM

It is ok to claim stream entry if
- If you see the oppurtunity that person will follow the path.
- If you are going to teach meditation to followers
- In the community like those who are already following the path

Outside of this , there are many with Anger , Jealousy , Hate , Pride , for those people , we will give them bad karma if they insult stream enterers so best to keep low profile. Insulting S.E , will cause them problem during Path . 
thumbnail
I Dream of Jnani, modified 5 Years ago at 7/16/18 1:36 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/16/18 1:36 PM

Phyo Arkar:
It is ok to claim stream entry if
- If you see the oppurtunity that person will follow the path.
- If you are going to teach meditation to followers
- In the community like those who are already following the path

Outside of this , there are many with Anger , Jealousy , Hate , Pride , for those people , we will give them bad karma if they insult stream enterers so best to keep low profile. Insulting S.E , will cause them problem during Path . 

Phyo,

Thank you for the reminder, and that's beautiful.

Having been trying to meditate and practice since I was 11 (1985), but not having a lot of Insight until finding the True Dhamma via several *very* generous sources at once within the last decade, I still feel quite *new* to "Ardent practice under the supervision of a lineaged teacher".

However, like many of the "pragmatists" on the DhO, I use my own practice and the Insights gained therein and agreed to via my Teacher's assesment as final authority (if any...and lets be Honest here about 'authority' - heh), even above what is claimed in the scriptures.

Furthermore, both teacher and student can be fooled by the limitless potential of delusion in the "human consciousness"/being. So yet another one of the hazards of claim. Bad kamma for the claimaint and those who might falsely evaluate as well -- yes indeed, agree.

The question arises -- within such "Right Uncertainty", can there be any concept of "peer review" or is that just a figment of Western Atheistic Materialism/Natural Philosophy which our/my upbringing encourages. Many Empty sensations to investigate here, from my POV.

All my Goodwill.

Breadcrumb