Fruition and cessation experience

Bhumi, modified 6 Years ago at 12/8/17 10:53 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/8/17 10:53 AM

Fruition and cessation experience

I think during all my practice what was the most memorable thing was what I believe was the moment of the 15th stage of Fruition. I do not want to mislead anybody in any way but I would like to discuss that particular moment with you guys. That moment was so profound that I get absorbed just thinking about it to this day. That particular moment where time literally stopped and restarted as if you unplugged a computer and its screen light instantly stops and leaves an unseen darkness, you know the darkness was there you know there was a gap but you did not witness it. I would love you guys to share your experiences of what happened right before and right after that particular instant.
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 1:02 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 1:02 AM

RE: Fruition and cessation experience

Bhumi Bhumi... What are you trying to do? 
time literally stopped and restarted as if you unplugged a computer and its screen light instantly stops and leaves an unseen darkness, you know the darkness was there you know there was a gap but you did not witness it.
This is sufficient to make anyone who hears, to believe that as a likely case of cessation. If you are trying to BE a stream enterer, it is best to describe going through all the stages of insight, landed in EQ, went up and down another 5x, survived the horrible DN but stayed equanimous, landed in EQ again, kind of felt a loss of concentration, saw the impermanence door in the form of a face zooming out/in, then the above happened. Followed by a fruition - a bliss wave like something you have never felt before. You felt relieved and a great sense of accomplishment... You weren't satisfied that was it, so you willed for fruition to occur, sat another 3x and the same thing happened again and again. Now you are finally convinced...

Does this help? emoticon
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 2:31 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 2:31 AM

It is true that the aroundums descriptions help, the setup, etc.

One possible Fruition is interesting, but more are more interesting.

Try to repeat whatever it was. Repeat it a lot. Incline that way. Set it up again. Balance the factors. See what happens.

If the thing you call Fruition happens again, then do it again more, and again, and again, and again. 

In this way, if it is Fruition, you will learn it variants, learn more of its lessons, learn more about how reality vanishes, what happens when it restarts, and it will write something good on the mind. If it is not Fruition, you will learn about whatever that thing is. One way or the other, further learning and clarity should hopefully occur.

The quest for repeat Fruitions teaches one very good lessons about balancing the factors and about what good practice really looks like and feels like.
Bhumi, modified 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 3:01 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 3:01 AM

Of course you have to go through all the stages and experience them as clear as light to be able to make such deduction. Such deduction should not be made just out of memory or experiencing something fantastic, I think the clarity of the experience should be as obvious and convincing as lets say looking at a tree. I am just trying to launch a discution about that particular moment on the path.
Bhumi, modified 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 3:06 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/9/17 3:06 AM

I really like your take on this Daniel, as I believe that you cannot be certain of crossing any threshold unless you have had any repeated and clear experience of it. I think the spirit of what you are saying is close to the Mahayana concept that there is quite never what you qould call a perfect practice and that we really need to keep improving every area of our inquiry, every detail in order to bring true improvement. I will try to bring about that attitude in my practice!

Breadcrumb