Kundalini-esque

Maya, modified 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 11:33 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 11:33 AM

Kundalini-esque

A couple quick questions I've had for a long time, inspired to post now by Daniel's last post:

I've heard/read 'A&P'-junkie once in passing. What does this mean? Kundalini, as far as I know, is a thing--and by that I mean that it's not a fairytale, and it's not trivial.

After the A&P comes the Dark Night. Do A&P junkies go through the Dark Night several times without hitting stream entry/first stage of awakening? Can one pass the first stage of awakening and still be an A&P junkie?

Thanks in advance!
Maya, modified 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 3:20 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 3:20 PM

RE: Kundalini-esque

So through a little more research, I'm refining my question.

I searched 'junkie' in the forum and found this, which then reminded me of this map.

I'm assuming that I've been cycling through nanas 1 through 10, sometimes hitting equanimity. The advice on trying to focus on catching and 'holding' one of the chunky clunky rattling or jarring vibes (just stop it in its tracks) has worked, but more often than not, after this, I lose concentration and start dreaming/fantasizing/dozing off because I'm sure I'm missing to note something. 

Any clues/tips/resources on how to stablize 4th jhana and/or move into the 5th? Also, I'm also not quite sure where 'stream entry' is/how its defined on this map.

Cheers!