How to investigate negative feeling like sadness or especially fear?

Mathew Poskus, modified 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 6:22 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 6:12 PM

How to investigate negative feeling like sadness or especially fear?

How to invesigate emotions like fear or anger and etc.? I feel different emotions in different body places occur but really i just look in them and can find any useful insights ,feels like looking at wall, nothing, it just appears there and stays there then again appears and stays ,no vibrations just heavy feelings in chest abdomen and etc. Especially fear its jus killing my mind and ruining my life.When meditating i just feel its more like a useless trying to change ,run from fear so it just get worse .
Derek2, modified 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 7:48 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/13/17 7:48 PM

RE: How to investigate negative feeling like sadness or especially fear?

Mathew, you might find Eugene Gendlin's Focusing works for you. It's very compatible with your current body-oriented approach, except it takes things a step further. The main things you need are a copy of the book -- there are affordable paperbacks around -- and a focusing "partner" to work with.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 6 Years ago at 12/17/17 3:33 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/17/17 3:33 AM

Yes, you should most definitely not download the Focusing book illegally at a pirate ebook website like library genesis.
thumbnail
streamsurfer, modified 6 Years ago at 12/17/17 1:35 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/17/17 1:35 PM

With a lot of acceptance and self love, as well as clarity.
The more often you investigate them, the clearer their nature will be presented to you, and you will be able to break free from them in a degree.

Breadcrumb