Pressure in head along with whole-body vibrations

thumbnail
D, modified 6 Years ago at 12/24/17 5:50 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/24/17 5:49 PM

Pressure in head along with whole-body vibrations

The head pressure/heaviness along with the body vibrations tend to occur in meditation and ,to a lesser extent, when I'm going to sleep.

They aren't accompanied by blissful sensations either, so I doubt it's some sort of advanced concentration state.

Anyone else had this happen?
thumbnail
Laurel Carrington, modified 6 Years ago at 12/24/17 6:39 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/24/17 6:39 PM

RE: Pressure in head along with whole-body vibrations

Happened to me with first path A&P, and still happens sometimes. It was a feeling of pressure that traveled up my neck through the back of my head, while I was having vibrations that left me shaking all over. Other than the excitement of having it happen, I’d say it wasn’t pleasant or unpleasant.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 12:55 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 12:55 AM

Vibrations: good things to notice clearly, to notice how fast reality goes and, thus, your mind can go. Notice how everything vibrates like those vibrations do, space, you, not you, everything.

Good times. Merry Christmas!
Bhumi, modified 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 4:51 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 4:51 AM

I actually posted something about this and wanted to have people's opinion about it, here's the post:

"Hey guys I am dealing with a little dilemma here. For a while now whenever I applied minfulness (to see when phenomena arise and pass away) I would sense vibrations when I note, sometimes regular other times irregular, sometimes fast sometimes slows (depending on how I focus). Such vibrations can happen anytime, sometimes it seems that I need to focus to see them which make me believe that I am the one generating them but sometimes I do not need to make them happen for them to occur. One thing I noticed is that when I focus lets say on the nostril somehow I can make the vibrations occur which make it harder to sustain a samatha-like concentration but I can also make them disappear which facilitates concentration. My doubt is that sometimes I get the feeling that I am the one making the vibrations even though I think I am noting. "

I think it is close to what you are describing. What do you think?
thumbnail
D, modified 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 4:41 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 12/26/17 4:41 PM

Yeah, when I get to a certain stage in my meditation, I can focus on the area just below my belly to induce the vibrations(or 'sync' them with the breath to create bigger vibrations). But they usually happen on their own.

However, I don't practise noting. I practise the samatha practise outlined in TMI.

Breadcrumb