A *possible method to increase unification of mind in unstable D/N

thumbnail
bill of the wandering mind, modified 6 Years ago at 2/19/18 9:27 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 2/19/18 9:22 AM

A *possible method to increase unification of mind in unstable D/N

I may have a method for increasing unification of mind when being a DN yogi with very difficult energies and unstable Nanas that seem to 'stick' for the rest of the day (i.e. if I end a sit in 10th, things do downhill from there for the rest of the day and its very difficult to prevent bleed-through to RL)

I realized that one can vary the speed and type of note to slow down progress up the nanas, and even let things fall back down again. My A&P has always been a quick, unstable rush so I never seem to get any momentum out of it. Its early in the experiment but it seems to be doable to run up to 3rd more slowly and then increase speed just enough to get into a much 'harder?' 4th-5th. In fact using more effective noting techniques (for myself - like no dog noting), I can more easily keep running up and down from 3rd-5th and get more and more time in 4th-5th. In additon the 'stickyness' of the nana is still there after the sit, but instead of havnig a sticky 10th its a sticky 4th(yes with the arrogance also I notice).

Anyone else do this?
Tim Farrington, modified 4 Years ago at 4/9/20 5:59 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/9/20 5:57 AM

RE: A *possible method to increase unification of mind in unstable D/N

bill of the wandering mind:
I may have a method for increasing unification of mind when being a DN yogi with very difficult energies and unstable Nanas that seem to 'stick' for the rest of the day (i.e. if I end a sit in 10th, things do downhill from there for the rest of the day and its very difficult to prevent bleed-through to RL)

I realized that one can vary the speed and type of note to slow down progress up the nanas, and even let things fall back down again. My A&P has always been a quick, unstable rush so I never seem to get any momentum out of it. Its early in the experiment but it seems to be doable to run up to 3rd more slowly and then increase speed just enough to get into a much 'harder?' 4th-5th. In fact using more effective noting techniques (for myself - like no dog noting), I can more easily keep running up and down from 3rd-5th and get more and more time in 4th-5th. In additon the 'stickyness' of the nana is still there after the sit, but instead of havnig a sticky 10th its a sticky 4th(yes with the arrogance also I notice).

Anyone else do this?

Yes! Amen! We can use the gas pedal here, AND the brake, and easing off on the gas itself can make a vast difference for the better. One of the paradoxes of the DN nanas for me is that i feel maximum urgency, revved up desperation energy, and am inclined to work my technique faster, feeling like i need to get up to some previously unattainable speed. The paradox comes in that the only thing that really "works" for me is something that in the past has often simply imposed itself out of despair and exhaustion, which is slowing down, often to what feels like a full stop. Your point that the slowing down can be part of the technique, a conscious tweak of tempo, is simply brilliant. Like saying, Yeah, you don't have to smash your face into the wall to know it's time to stop, you can actually avoid the most painful aspect of smashing your face into the wall by seeing the wall and slowing down or stopping before your face hits it. Who knew?
Tim Farrington, modified 3 Years ago at 4/28/20 1:22 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/28/20 1:22 PM

RE: A *possible method to increase unification of mind in unstable D/N

bill of the wandering mind:

Anyone else do this?

Breadcrumb