Matthew practice log.pt 2.

Mathew Poskus, modified 6 Years ago at 3/5/18 3:46 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/5/18 12:29 PM

Matthew practice log.pt 2.

Hi this is my new practice log , I'm Matthew from Lithuania 24 years old ,I do "dry vipassana " before that, I got misleading instructions of Mahasi Noting wich I think didn't worked for me very well .But aprox before two months Dharma friends helped me Jonjohn(big thanks for acceptance tool ,I got rid off panic attacks),Bruno Loff,Shargrol ,especially Bigbird by telling me to relax let it go and not to try make something or look for something what in those 2 years of Noting I was doing .So now when I got simple ,clear instructions I naturally switched to Bare Awareness , wich to me feels very natural and very confortable.My mind is really anxious ,hypochondric,deppresed, but now times it get's really beter .I got Kundalini stuff moving. I also quited smoking started to run .
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 3/6/18 6:10 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/6/18 6:10 AM

RE: Matthew practice log.pt 2.

Hi Matthew,

You have decided to inform me today after I checked on you that you are no longer interested to come to Doi In Cee as the reason why you did not forward the documents yesterday. Your reason is that you cannot rely on a single English speaker here. May I point out that I have no one to rely on. There is the triple gem and that alone is the dependence. I am accepted by the monastery as it is judged that I am sufficiently independent and do not see myself as a victim of any circumstance and will work towards liberation, based on the principles behind the Buddha's teachings. One of which will set you very free from this constant state of feeling victimized by much of what you experience. Dependent Origination states clearly that everything is conditioned and to investigate to realize that truth for ourselves. It is my belief that this Right View of investigating the 3Cs/cause & effect, whenever you encounter negativities will set you very free, in as little time as it will take you to want to simply do so - the illusion of a victim is simply not true. You are veering dangerously into this victim mindset with a seeming delight of piling negative classifications on yourself - self-diagnosis of hypochondria and jesting at it is hardly funny at all. If you wish for the English speaking Monasteries in Thailand to accept you, you will need to prove beyond doubt that you are very free from such troubling states of mind. Most will require extended observation as a layperson, then as a novice monk before ordination.This is a good list of them. Best of luck, I am not qualified to help you any further.
Mathew Poskus, modified 6 Years ago at 3/6/18 9:42 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/6/18 9:42 AM

Cool thanks for help but I want to keep my Practice Log about my practice ,so yeah let me keep my practice log about my practice if you want creat new thread or something ,thank you for your understanding.
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 3/7/18 4:40 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/7/18 4:40 AM

I see you have given up 'ownership' of this thread and started another for Victim Card display purposes disguised as practice. I take it that we can use this for others who might benefit from sensing something called Victim Mentality. Preventing ourselves from falling into that illusion and also from being an unknowing victim of such behavior. 

It is NOT okay to self-diagnose and conveniently push negativities and responsibilities to spiritual, specifically Dark Night related symptoms. Most if not all Dark Night stuff that trickles over to Real Life is NOT A-okay. The Dark Night if you are even in it, holds the key to overcoming very real RL occurrences - see the chest of gold there waiting to be opened. Anyone who calls themself a Dark Night Yogi has taken at least 1 step into this territory. The longer you stay, the larger the operation is to extract that growing pain from your arse.

DNish stuff does not give anyone creative license to brandish it like a sword to hurt yourself or others around you, although there is an illusion of power that can be hard to resist there. Clinging to this mentality is a steep, slippery downhill ride. It can be exhilirating but it ends with many crashes. The way out starts very simply with acknowledging this self-created illusion and going forth to dispel the rest.

You are reading this so: It is time to stop blaming Noting - every single meditator alive today has used it before. The reason why you claim to be victimized by it, is the same reason for the birth of all your problems. Imagined issues hold great power and addictions to displaying these issues are scary. It is convenient to slap Kundalini on it and heighten the state of your victim-matyrdom but that too, is also an illusion. You will find yourself magically having new armor items (any symptoms really) whenever you come across them as strangely it feels good, doesn't it?

It is not too late until it is...

Start here -> https://blog.iqmatrix.com/victim-mentality
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 8:13 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 8:12 AM

The question of the degree to which people should be able to have some opinion about what sort of stuff goes in their practice log is a good one. There also may be some subtle messages here that were missed. Obviously, as this is an open forum, people are likely to share their opinions of those who post. People may also reasonably express opinions about those responses.

In this case, I believe that Matthew is stating that he feels some posts may be more harsh and judgemental than what he is looking for in his practice log thread, and has expressed that he would prefer this sort of material be expressed on another thread. This request would seem reasonable, as that allows both the expression of those criticing his practice, just in some other place, as well as him maintaining his practice thread in a way that he feels is conducive to a supportive environment for posting about his practice without the harshness that he has found annoying.

Thanks for participating. May we all find helpful ways to support each other’s practice.

Daniel
Owner, Administrator, and Moderator of the DhO
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 10:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 10:45 AM

Thanks Dr. Daniel. I am sure he is in a much better place now... emoticon