Who knows?

Dan Jones, modified 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:42 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:39 PM

Who knows?

Who knows about all this stuff? Quite seriously, these categories and stages, don't they cause hardship, calling us to 'identify' with some stage or other. The housebuilder builds a new house. Who knows? The way that language masks over reality, so we're called to figure out where 'we' are on the 'path'... including concepts like 'reality'. Reality masks reality. Join in its construction! Can't we talk about wood carving? What's all this self-improvement? Aren't we better to read cosmo? We know about Cosmo and Gossip magazines, but hey, we're less likely to get stuck than reading about dharma and attainments. Buy a new car. Pepsi tastes fresh.

"Interesting" we say, here for the next dharma fix, the next book. Isn't it "interesting" that "interesting" is code word for our newest fantastic concept we're attached to that will save us... this one... this one will save us. *actually* (the self-other distinction see's a "new insight", "actually" ... this is the way it is.)

To be honest, why don't we just get a job working as a brickies labourer, building houses. Who knows?

Pretty much every thread here is someone imparting 'knowledge' or some bs, or offering their 'opinion' as an 'experienced meditator'.

What? What? What is this?

Is this defaming the three treasures?

Don't we all have the buddha nature? Aren't we the fucking rock? What's the big deal?

Who knows?

What benefit can be gained from sitting and engaging in comparisons on a forum? 

EDIT: been reading around here, this is my thought stream.
seth tapper, modified 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:41 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:41 PM

RE: Who knows?

Who cares?  Why does it bother you? 
Dan Jones, modified 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:45 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/15/18 7:44 PM

Who cares? I don't know.

Why does it bother me? Hehehe, I need something to react to assume existence. <3 <3 If it didn't bother me, nothing would be here.
thumbnail
Francis Scully, modified 6 Years ago at 3/16/18 5:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 3/16/18 4:20 AM

Dan Jones:
Can't we talk about wood carving? What's all this self-improvement? Aren't we better to read cosmo? Don't we all have the buddha nature? What benefit can be gained from sitting and engaging in comparisons on a forum?

Your twisted humour matches mine, but if we need to talk about wood carving, this subreddit might be better for self acceptance. I prefer cosmos, and after doing twelve impossible-things this morning, why not round-it-off with an open-invitation to breakfast at milli-ways? Elaborate jokes aside, we can all learn and benefit from each other in different ways; wood carving doesn't feel like it satiates my deepest cravings, but after experiencing what does it's led me to occasionally engage here while I explore and figure myself out. If it helps, the luminous mind of buddha nature seems to be the emotionally intuitive aspect of our mind that we sometimes don't fully engage or identify with, and different forms of meditation can help reconnect with this aspect of ourselves more thoroughly. I prefer direct experience compared to buddha nature, so I can be influenced but not dependent on buddhism, but both are labels that we project meaning onto; when it comes to the nature of identity and reality, who-knows?

Breadcrumb