temperature cool down and concentration

g765179, modified 6 Years ago at 4/10/18 1:10 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 4/10/18 1:10 PM

temperature cool down and concentration

Hi everybody,

do you guys know any kind of technique to cool down your skin temperature? I know that it's possible increasing the body temperature using meditation. How about the opposite?  I suffer from flushing / blushing and usually the cheeks area burns as hell.. I think that something that works to not to think about pain would work too

Another thing I'd be interested is any kind of meditation / training / whathever that can make you able to keep focus in presence of distractions..  

Any suggested book / readings would be appreciated, thank you !
Rebecca P, modified 6 Years ago at 4/12/18 3:20 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 4/12/18 3:20 PM

RE: temperature cool down and concentration

I'm not very advanced in my practice, but what about something like visualization? You could imagine yourself in an arctic wasteland. You can picture your breath coming out as a cloud and freezing into tiny bits of ice in the cold air. 
Something that works for me, if it's hot and I want to cool down, I convince myself that I'm cold. Ever felt something so hot it felt cold? It's kind of along those lines. The sensations of heat are not that different from those of cold, so it's not too difficult to convince the mind, which in turn convinces the body, that it's a certain temperature. 
Just picture cold. Embody cold. Breathe cold. If your concentration is strong, I don't see why this method wouldn't work.
Mathew Poskus, modified 6 Years ago at 4/13/18 10:36 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 4/13/18 10:36 AM

Hi ,try to take a look at the Wim Hof method .
g765179, modified 6 Years ago at 4/19/18 2:35 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 4/19/18 2:35 PM

Thank you guys, I'll look into them

Breadcrumb